Divina vs Meraviglia

KennyFla

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Wow!  Would you care to explain why #101?

The entertainment was subpar, activities lacking, buffet super repetitive, and awkward ship layout (YC Restaurant inconvenient).  My husband and I were actually bored on this ship.  We really like MSC but this was our worst cruise ever...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

The entertainment was subpar, activities lacking, buffet super repetitive, and awkward ship layout (YC Restaurant inconvenient).  My husband and I were actually bored on this ship.  We really like MSC but this was our worst cruise ever...

Thank you for responding to my post.  As a YC guest on Meraviglia, the YC Restaurant's location on Divina seemed that it would be one that I probably would not appreciate.  

13 hours ago, cellfree said:

There is one deck on the Divina that goes from one end of ship to the other, sorry I do not remember what deck it is, daughter figured it out, once you know that it makes navigating the Divina much easier.

Correct...we actually enjoyed the walk. It takes you through several venues playing music which is nice to hear.

I think there is also a deck outside that runs straight through too...

24 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Correct...we actually enjoyed the walk. It takes you through several venues playing music which is nice to hear.

I think there is also a deck outside that runs straight through too...

The outside deck was very windy so absolutely not necessary to do anything about the hair before going to dinner when going that way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

The outside deck was very windy so absolutely not necessary to do anything about the hair before going to dinner when going that way!

Yeah, some people like the fresh air...others like the inside. Point is, two easy ways to get there 🙂

52 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Yeah, some people like the fresh air...others like the inside. Point is, two easy ways to get there 🙂

I don't think that any of the ways was easy. Outside was too windy and inside was too crowded! Not a big problem but still much better with the restaurant inside the Yacht Club.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I don't think that any of the ways was easy. Outside was too windy and inside was too crowded! Not a big problem but still much better with the restaurant inside the Yacht Club.  

LOL, then we can agree to disagree 🙂

Walking inside was not only easy for us, but *enjoyable*. The only crowded place was around the photo shop, but that was fun looking at the pictures.

Like I said, you pass through several different venues, each playing different types of *live* music. Was very fun to see.

But to each their own...that's why there are different ships.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cellfree said:

There is one deck on the Divina that goes from one end of ship to the other, sorry I do not remember what deck it is, daughter figured it out, once you know that it makes navigating the Divina much easier.

Me again, there is a deck (apart from outside and the deck that goes by all the bars, etc.) that does take you from one end to the other - as I said I do not remember what deck it is - but it is the fastest and least travelled - we took it to dinner every night.

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

LOL, then we can agree to disagree 🙂

Walking inside was not only easy for us, but *enjoyable*. The only crowded place was around the photo shop, but that was fun looking at the pictures.

Like I said, you pass through several different venues, each playing different types of *live* music. Was very fun to see.

But to each their own...that's why there are different ships.

Yes, we can agree go disagree. We can also agree that Divina is a nice ship even if I prefer the never ships.

For us the inside way was too crowded. Maybe we passed different times than you. We were only passing so we didn't stopped to enjoyed the music before dinner.

It's good that there are different ships but the problem is that almost every longer, more than a week, cruise is on older ships!  We will probably not fly to Florida again for a short one week long cruise so until the newer ships does the longer cruises we will probably not cruise from Florida. (I guess that will be when the older ships are retired!)  

1 minute ago, sverigecruiser said:

Yes, we can agree go disagree. We can also agree that Divina is a nice ship even if I prefer the never ships.

For us the inside way was too crowded. Maybe we passed different times than you. We were only passing so we didn't stopped to enjoyed the music before dinner.

It's good that there are different ships but the problem is that almost every longer, more than a week, cruise is on older ships!  We will probably not fly to Florida again for a short one week long cruise so until the newer ships does the longer cruises we will probably not cruise from Florida. (I guess that will be when the older ships are retired!)  

So, something else we agree on...I prefer thee newer ships too 🙂 I made a post earlier comparing it to the Seaside, and while there were definitely things I liked better about Divina, I won't sail her again.

My next cruise will be on Meriviglia. Was supposed to be last Oct, and then Feb, and now next Oct. We'll see when she actually sails 🙂

7 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

So, something else we agree on...I prefer thee newer ships too 🙂 I made a post earlier comparing it to the Seaside, and while there were definitely things I liked better about Divina, I won't sail her again.

My next cruise will be on Meriviglia. Was supposed to be last Oct, and then Feb, and now next Oct. We'll see when she actually sails 🙂

I wrote a review after our cruise on Meraviglia in July 2017. It must be one of the first Meraviglia reviews in the review section.

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Is Deck 13 an all accommodations deck?  

Yes.

First night butler took us through the atrium which was packed.  Second night we walked outside.  Finally went 13 and it took us about 2 minutes once on 13 from end to end.  Couple zig zags on 13.

I’m sure this has been covered over and over on CC but maybe some of you experienced MSC cruisers can share some information on the ins and outs of MSC Cruises. We’ve sailed Celebrity in the past and really enjoyed it. But as many are finding out their pricing  continues to increase, pricing us out and we want to try another cruise line like MSC.

We are mid 60’s fairly active, love evening cocktails and decent dining. Enjoy good entertainment as well. Don’t like the Carnival thing with lots of kids. We enjoyed Celebritys Martini Bar with Beverage Packages, full moon party by pool and some of their other activities. We live in Florida so can get to Port Canaveral and Miami easily. We like to book a verandah not suite or go to SPA people. Do you feel MSC would be a good fit for us? Yacht Club?what about their different drink packages? Can someone help share their experiences and offer suggestions.

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I’m sure this has been covered over and over on CC but maybe some of you experienced MSC cruisers can share some information on the ins and outs of MSC Cruises. We’ve sailed Celebrity in the past and really enjoyed it. But as many are finding out their pricing  continues to increase, pricing us out and we want to try another cruise line like MSC.

We are mid 60’s fairly active, love evening cocktails and decent dining. Enjoy good entertainment as well. Don’t like the Carnival thing with lots of kids. We enjoyed Celebritys Martini Bar with Beverage Packages, full moon party by pool and some of their other activities. We live in Florida so can get to Port Canaveral and Miami easily. We like to book a verandah not suite or go to SPA people. Do you feel MSC would be a good fit for us? Yacht Club?what about their different drink packages? Can someone help share their experiences and offer suggestions.

Yacht Club is the way to go! 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Do you feel MSC would be a good fit for us? Yacht Club?what about their different drink packages? Can someone help share their experiences and offer suggestions.

I think you would be most pleased in YC based on my experience on MSC Meraviglia.  Personally, I see no reason to spend more money for a drink package in addition to the choices available for a YC guest.  But, check the details and make a comparison to see what suits you the best.  

1 minute ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

What’s the advantage of the Yacht  club? What ship is better Seaside over others? What’s included with Yacht Club? Just wanted some answers to some of my questions..

My sole experience is on Meraviglia.  Cannot speak to the YC on the other ships from personal experience.  Respectfully, you need to do more research than you have apparently done.  Lots of information on this Message Board.  Have you searched the MSC web site for information?  

5 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

What’s the advantage of the Yacht  club? What ship is better Seaside over others? What’s included with Yacht Club? Just wanted some answers to some of my questions..

Some advantages are:

Yacht Club restaurant with better food and service.

The Top Sail Lounge with snacks/food available and live music every night.

Priority check in and embarkation.

Waiting area between check in and embarkation with snacks and drinks.

Priority boarding in many (all?) ports during the cruise.

No lines when leaving the ship in every port.

A special, less crowded, sundeck.

Very nice cabins. (Not necessary extra big.)

Concierge desk which help with reservations and other things.

And many other things... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

https://www.mscbook.com/pages/sdl/uk_en/new-msc-yacht-club.html

Edited by hamrag