If you could have... (food addition)

MeganGC1983

^^ That is hard to read, why underline the whole post?^^

Sounds like CCL is not for you. Did this all happen on one cruise? 

5 hours ago, TopangaMacNamammy said:

Carnival's dining room food is objectively disgusting. PERIOD. My husband and I were dining there and I cut into a $23.00 filet mignon and immediately realized it one of those pieced-together things they sell at the grocery store for a fraction of what real filets go for. When I sent it back, they didn't ask any questions, but, when the bill came it was still on there. I refused to pay and the chef stormed out and started yelling at me in broken english right there in the middle of the restaurant.

Also on another cruise in the Carnival main dining room my husband picked up half of a grilled cheese and there was a 6" piece of black wiry hair embedded in the cheese connecting the two halves. He pulled it out and immediately returned the sandwich to the kitchen. Needless to say he lost his appetite and we were NOT charged for the sandwich.

Lastly I ordered bacon for breakfast at the Carnival Dining Room and I swear that my bacon had pig hair. I think the bacon I ate was from the belly of the hog close to the outer surface and they forgot to remove the hair from the surface. I was nevertheless disgusted and sent the bacon back to the kitchen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Why would there be a charge for a cheese sandwich in the main dining room? 

There wouldn't. Maybe this was a remark with a wild hair like the one that came with the bacon.😉 

Edited by AHS123
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Why would there be a charge for a cheese sandwich in the main dining room? 

Exactly.  There would not be a charge.  That was my first thought when I read the post.  When people make stuff up, they should at least make an attempt to sound real.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

And honestly, if they are eating cheese sandwiches, they aren’t my kind of food critics. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Sorry! 

True. It's like reading a review of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that says the food was "on point" because the crust had been cut off the Wonder bread. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

I like the MDR food.  I must be a neanderthal!  I really like the creamed spinach and always add it as a side when I get prime rib or the short ribs.

I also like the creamed spinach with the flat iron steak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

And honestly, if they are eating cheese sandwiches, they aren’t my kind of food critics. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Sorry! 

“I mean, if there's no cheese in a cheese sandwich, that's basically just two slices of bread, and if word of that were to get out, well, I could lose my job! I could lose all of this! And we wouldn't want that, would we? Would we?! WOULD WE! HUH?!“

MV5BNjA5MGQyZDctZGEyYy00OTFmLTk2NmEtNDFl

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TopangaMacNamammy said:

My Blackberry phone automatically formats all text in underlined italics and unfortunately there is no way to disable it.

Wow they still make blackberries? Does it still have physical buttons you push?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TopangaMacNamammy said:

The GRILLED cheese sandwich was ordered by my husband as a mid-palate tickler before the main course: King Crab atop a foam dépouiller.

What year? This menu sounds archaic. Or made up. Or confused. 
Something is off. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Roz said:

And what the heck is a foam depouiller?

I had to look it up: Dépouiller: To skim off the foam or scum that collects at the top of a liquid.

So the crab legs are served with their scum that forms when boiled in a pot on a stove. 

Wanna try some scum foam? Let's get Mikey.

remove-scum-broth3.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TopangaMacNamammy said:

Yes, that was exactly how it was served, and it was delicious.

But I thought the hair made him lose his appetite?? 
If it was delicious, that contradicts your original post that the Carnival MDR food is  “disgusting PERIOD”!
🤔

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

But I thought the hair made him lose his appetite?? 
If it was delicious, that contradicts your original post that the Carnival MDR food is  “disgusting PERIOD”!
🤔

The hair was definitely in the cheese sandwich because it was linking the two pieces of the cheese sandwich together. 

• Haha 1