FCC received from the most recent cancellations

wesport

On 12/26/2020 at 9:15 PM, DeeDee Groff said:

Have you thought about writing to Gus Antorcha excerpting from your post here?  From personal experience I can relate that you will have a definitive reply either by email or telephone (or both) within ten days of mailing the letter (U.S. mail, not email) or perhaps two weeks because the mails have been very slow recently.

Are you implying that you will receive a personal response from Gus himself... Lol?

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 6:00 PM, PigsCanFly said:

We just received our refund for our cancelled Feb '21 Eurodam cruise on Dec. 26 2020.  Pleasantly surprised.  Now one less cc account to watch for refunds.  (Until the next cancellations...  March, May, ...)

Refund... vs. FCC? Perhaps they're handling refunds differently (or before) FCC. Crazy if you ask me..

On 12/27/2020 at 9:10 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

We were booked as well on the N.S. no payments yet ..

We received our FCC today for this cruise, however, I cannot understand how they got they totals they came up with.  I have emailed my TA, hopefully she can explain.  We have not received any of the cash refund yet on our credit card.  

26 minutes ago, shipshapegirl said:

We received our FCC today for this cruise, however, I cannot understand how they got they totals they came up with.  I have emailed my TA, hopefully she can explain.  We have not received any of the cash refund yet on our credit card.  

We got our FCC about 3 weeks ago but no cash refund to CC yet.  PCC says it is in process.....

• Like 1

We received the 'bonus FCC' (double the deposit amount in our case) for our canceled March '21sailing, but not the original FCC (from the same itinerary canceled the year prior) used to book the cruise.

I spoke with a HAL agent this morning, and was told that the original FCC used to book the cruise 'had to be re-built and manually applied to our accounts'; and that this was a separate process. The agent was unable/unwilling to offer a timeline or estimate on when we might see this other FCC applied.

Hate chasing down FCCs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

We received the 'bonus FCC' (double the deposit amount in our case) for our canceled March '21sailing, but not the original FCC (from the same itinerary canceled the year prior) used to book the cruise.

I spoke with a HAL agent this morning, and was told that the original FCC used to book the cruise 'had to be re-built and manually applied to our accounts'; and that this was a separate process. The agent was unable/unwilling to offer a timeline or estimate on when we might see this other FCC applied.

Hate chasing down FCCs!

We had paid a FCC as partial payment on our cruise and I think that is why I am having trouble understanding how they have calculated the new FCC.  Does anyone know if you get 25% on the entire cruise fare regardless of how it was paid or only the cash amount that was paid?  Hope that question is not confusing, I think I have more than confused myself trying to understand all of this.  

3 hours ago, shipshapegirl said:

We had paid a FCC as partial payment on our cruise and I think that is why I am having trouble understanding how they have calculated the new FCC.  Does anyone know if you get 25% on the entire cruise fare regardless of how it was paid or only the cash amount that was paid?  Hope that question is not confusing, I think I have more than confused myself trying to understand all of this.  

Just what you paid, I believe.  We paid in full for a 10% discount.  We got a 25% bonus based on the discounted base fare we paid.

Can anyone confirm definitively that the FCC we used as a partial payment for a March '21 sailing canceled last Nov by HAL will be credited back to our accounts?

Frankly, I'm getting nervous that these credits may have/or will fall through the cracks on HAL's part.

We recently received some of the FCC for the canceled March '21 sailing, but not the FCC (from a previous cancellation) we used as partial payment for this sailing.

Based on a few phone calls to HAL, the previous FCC will be credited back at some point, but none of them could give me an estimated timeline for this to happen.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:32 PM, KroozNut said:

Are you implying that you will receive a personal response from Gus himself... Lol?

The phone call came from the "Special Advisor to the President" who informed me "I have been asked by the president to reach out to you."   The problem, which had dragged on for months, was solved--in my favor--by the end of the call. 

The mechanics of what actually happened are a mystery to me, but the bottom line is that I achieved a successful result that had been elusive.

• Like 2

I suppose it depends on who you speak with at HAL on any given day, and today we got lucky. This was my 4th phone call to HAL regarding status of my FCC for our latest canceled sailing (March '21). I received nothing but runaround and promises from the first 3 agents I spoke with over the past few weeks, but today, voila!.. efficient answers and resolution with all my FCC applied correctly to our April '22 sailing in less than 10 minutes on the phone.

Hallelujah! 😀

• Like 1

I just randomly checked our HAL Mariner accounts earlier this morning. The FCCs are now sitting in our account. They originated as a result of our April 2019 Circle Hawaii cruise being cancelled. They were then applied to various bookings that have since been cancelled. They are just sitting in our Mariner accounts until we use them. So far, we have an Alaska Cruisetour on the books for May 2022. But if ships actually starting sailing, ya never know, LOL!!

Moral of the story: Patience seems to be extremely helpful as HAL works through this process, record by record.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 1:23 PM, DaveOKC said:

We got our FCC about 3 weeks ago but no cash refund to CC yet.  PCC says it is in process.....

Well, we FINALLY got the credit card refund done to go along with the FCC!  Cruise was cancelled by HAL back in Nov.  We ended up with $100 pp in additional FCC, which I thought should be more since the cruise was fully paid for at a cost of around $4000.  Confusing the issue is that the cruise was mostly paid for with funds from a previously cancelled cruise (but about $1200 in cash).

Just happy to get it resolved, so not going to pursue it further.

• Like 3

Received my FCCs within 48 hours of my HAL recently-cancelled May Alaska cruises and all of my excursion refunds credited back to my credit card within 72 hours of cancellation.

I am still committed to not paying any more than my minimum cruise deposit until the final payment due date for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

With our recently cancelled April '21 cruise, I called our PCC immediately. She said to fill out the cancellation form, which I did last Friday. Our FCC was in our account on Tuesday. Got the 125% as the April cruise was all paid for. She then applied it to our Dec. '21 11-day cruise and we upgraded to a Vista Suite. PCC said we will have more FCC coming that will be released on Feb. 14th and to let her know when it appears in our account probably a few days later. In anticipation of more FCC we had her upgrade us to a Vista Suite on our Feb. '22 cruise and she will apply it to that cruise.

It took 6 months to get our initial FCC in 2020 and now it took only a few days. What a welcome difference!

Our Zuiderdam cruise to Hawaii/South Pacific for next fall was cancelled by HAL about six weeks ago.  Two days ago we received our FCC for our deposit, which was $1,750.  They doubled it and it was posted to our individual HAL accounts (I wondered why it was so small until I realized half would go to my account and half would go to my wife's account).  The FCC that was applied to this cruise from a couple of previous cruises appeared in our accounts yesterday.  I was able able to apply both of these FCC amounts to two 21 days cruises we have coming up next winter 2021-2022.  The total amount came to over $12,000, so we will be cruising on the cheap (long story).🤗

Good luck everyone and hang in there,

Kel

• Like 2