Future Cruise Credit Use on new booking.

ROWSE

We had a deposit on a cruise back in September, and it was cancelled by Princess.  It was matched 100%.  It reads like the picture below and we each have one of those in our Princess FCC account.

Can this amount be used as a deposit on the future cruise booking or does the deposit have to be paid in cash?

Anyone have experience doing this?  

827962938_ScreenShot2020-12-20at5_54_05PM.thumb.png.08269558862456fcf04815295a85d80d.png

Thank you for any and all information!  

1 hour ago, ROWSE said:

We had a deposit on a cruise back in September, and it was cancelled by Princess.  It was matched 100%.  It reads like the picture below and we each have one of those in our Princess FCC account.

Can this amount be used as a deposit on the future cruise booking or does the deposit have to be paid in cash?

Anyone have experience doing this?  

827962938_ScreenShot2020-12-20at5_54_05PM.thumb.png.08269558862456fcf04815295a85d80d.png

Thank you for any and all information!  

In my case (March 7/20) cancellation My FCC could only be used for cruise fare, not deposit or taxes, fees, excursions. However, others who came after me had different terms for use. 

11 minutes ago, dog said:

In my case (March 7/20) cancellation My FCC could only be used for cruise fare, not deposit or taxes, fees, excursions. However, others who came after me had different terms for use. 

Even the cash value portion could not be used for a deposit?  I can understand how the Goodwill portion could not be used for the deposit requirement.

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Even the cash value portion could not be used for a deposit?  I can understand how the Goodwill portion could not be used for the deposit requirement.

I only got my refund as FCC. My taxes were refunded to credit card.  There was more then one way this worked for others. I suggest OP call Princess to find out what terms they were given. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you, I will call them today.  Just wondered if anyone was able to do this recently as it seems sometimes we need to remind the representative it has been done when they say no.  😁

Our Canada / New England on October 1st 2021 was cancelled by Princess (along with many other cruises).  I planned on using a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on this cruise which expires on December 30, 2021.  We were planning on using a FCC of $1400pp on the above mentioned cruise.  We rebooked this cruise to September 2022 with a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD).   Has anyone ever gotten an extension on a FCC from Princess?   If no extension -- we may be out $1400pp.   Is it to late to get a refund?  Currently the FCC is in my Princess account.  John   

14 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I think there were different rules for the phase of cancelations as to how the deposit had to be paid.  But, now, I think the FCC can be used as a deposit and as a matter of fact, I had booked a future cruise and the agent down at Princess stated the initial deposit wouldn't be due until the FCCs from a cruise that was just canceled was refunded to my account ... in other words, it could have been used for a deposit.  Early on, I don't think this was the case as I an only assuming this, but, the cruiselines were trying to obtain cash.  But now, I think the only thing you'd have to pay cash for in terms of the 'cruise fare' (excluding other purchases such as airfare, excursions, etc), are the taxes and fees. 

2 hours ago, John99 said:

Our Canada / New England on October 1st 2021 was cancelled by Princess (along with many other cruises).  I planned on using a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on this cruise which expires on December 30, 2021.  We were planning on using a FCC of $1400pp on the above mentioned cruise.  We rebooked this cruise to September 2022 with a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD).   Has anyone ever gotten an extension on a FCC from Princess?   If no extension -- we may be out $1400pp.   Is it to late to get a refund?  Currently the FCC is in my Princess account.  John   

John, you might want to start a whole new thread for that one.  I believe at the moment our extra amount that was given at time of cancellation for taking FCC which in our case was 50% had a very rigid expiration date.  Ours was 5/1/22.  I had asked about that possibly being moved ahead since there is still ongoing COIVD issues.  I was told no, not at the moment but not committing to it happening possibly some time in the future one way or the other.  

In Princess information, it says if your original money that is sitting in FCC expires, this will be given a new expiration date.  Doesn't sound like they will take your original money only that extra percentage

that was given when they cancelled.  If your $1400 is that extra money Princess gave you when they cancelled you,  then it would expire on your date and be gone.  

Let's hope Princess moves those dates farther forward! 

I did read a thread where someone later asked for cash back and it was granted.  Not sure what happened to her extra percent of FCC.  

I spoke to Princess and booked a cruise this morning and it did use my returned deposit FCC from

a Princess cancelled cruise as my deposit,  and all other FCC that was in there as credit on 

the cruise as well.

Thank you for your experiences and help! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John99 said:

John99;  I think your ten day New England cruise is now a 7 day cruise.  The CDC will only allow max seven day cruises.  I am on 16 Oct 2021 cruise to NE/Canada

8 hours ago, John99 said:

Ours FCC is up at same time. I was inquiring with Princess agent about a summer 2022 cruise and using FCC. There is no official notice of extension but he said to pass on what cruise you want and he would look into setting up. So if there is a certain one you want I would definitely ask. I think they will need to extend dates as the number of 2021 cruises get cancelled.

• Like 1

Last week we booked a June 2022 Alaska cruisetour through a travel agent.  We had a FCC that expired May 1, 2022 and the travel agent had the time extended on the FCC so that it was applied to our new Alaska booking for 2022.  We did make a deposit of $200, but the FCC shows up applied to our balance.  Princess was very nice about this.  They left me a phone message saying they were doing it too.  (goodwill and all that)

My advice:  call and ask.  I would suggest that it would be good to have a specific cruise in mind that you wish to put money on.  They are ready for money.

46 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

Last week we booked a June 2022 Alaska cruisetour through a travel agent.  We had a FCC that expired May 1, 2022 and the travel agent had the time extended on the FCC so that it was applied to our new Alaska booking for 2022.  We did make a deposit of $200, but the FCC shows up applied to our balance.  Princess was very nice about this.  They left me a phone message saying they were doing it too.  (goodwill and all that)

My advice:  call and ask.  I would suggest that it would be good to have a specific cruise in mind that you wish to put money on.  They are ready for money.

That is great to hear.  On the “Live Chat” on Princess page, I was told no, that mine could not be used past May 1.  Word to wise, always call and talk to Princess or have your travel agent do so.  There seems to be different answers as usual.  If we have to move our currently booked reservation ahead to next May, that gives me hope to use the credits past the expired date!!! 

Thank you for reporting!

Good to hear about the extension on FCC. 

AF-1   The 7 day cruise for Oct. 16 is a great itinerary but does not included Quebec, Saguenay, Charlottetown and Sydney.  For us, Quebec is a great city to visit especially when you have an over night stay.  We've been to Quebec before so it’s a must have for us.

Princess has been like Christmas elves with my refunds and FCC's lately.  I'm thinking they are given some kind of incentive to get this stuff done within 60 days.    

I had two refunds due me for cruises I cancelled between 10/20 and 10/23.  The refunds arrived on 12/14 and 12/20.

I also had two FCC's due from Princess cancelling a cruise on 10/23 (yes, that was a busy week for me!).

The 25% FCC arrived on 12/18, and the 100% FCC on 12/22.  When I called yesterday to have all the FCC applied to our 4 open bookings in 2022, Princess had already applied half of it to 2 of the bookings.

I told my Big Box agent that it was like a travel slot machine paying off over the last 9 days!!

I deliberately waited to book the 4 new cruises when the deposits were less than the port taxes.  I only wanted to pay cash for port taxes, and let the rest of the cruise fare be paid by FCC.  Worked out exactly the way I wanted.  

Yes, I know:  it's just my own money being shifted around, but it was nice to see it done within the time period they said it would be finished.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, John99 said:

Good to hear about the extension on FCC. 

AF-1   The 7 day cruise for Oct. 16 is a great itinerary but does not included Quebec, Saguenay, Charlottetown and Sydney.  For us, Quebec is a great city to visit especially when you have an over night stay.  We've been to Quebec before so it’s a must have for us.

John99, I understand about certain cities being must have on cruises.  I have been to just about every city, country, state, and continent;  so just hitting some of the Canadian spots is fine for me.  Merry Christmas