Princess UK sailings question

Moby Jones

Just a quick question. I've booked a Princess cruise for our extended family and a couple of them have a query. I strongly suspect the answer to be a no but thought I'd ask anyway. 

Do you have tea and coffee making facilities in your cabin onboard on Princess ships sailing from the UK? I ask as I know Celebrity X do on their sailings from Southampton but not from other ports. 

I know you can order tea and coffee from room service and get them in cafes onboard etc. :) 

That wasn’t something available on our princess ship out of South Hampton.

i suggest bringing insulated/reusable cups from  home (if allowed post Covid) makes it easy to keep hot drinks in your cabin. 

They have done before on the Sapphire Princess, 2019.

I think it the ship is based out of Southampton there is a good chance there will be tea /coffee / kettle in the cabin, but hopefully there they will do it again but it's anybody's guess at the moment.

and size of ship too, that's A LOT of kettles on the SKY/Regal...a cost that Princess could do without..

I think kettles might just be Sapphire-specific when it comes to the ships that have operated from Southampton in the past (as shown here and from what I've read before). Post-pandemic cleanliness recommendations/regulations may also prevent the usage of kettles in rooms, but that's just my speculation. 

Anyways, I recall seeing your post about choosing between Sky Princess and Celebrity Silhouette for your Europe cruise and I'm thrilled to see you have chosen Princess. I wish you happy planning and hope you have an amazing cruise with the family!

I was on the Sapphire in October 2019 and there were no tea/coffee facilities in my cabin.  Ship was also sailing to Norway from Southampton.  It will be a wait and see situation once cruises start up again.  I would lean towards probably not, plan on no and if there is, be pleasantly surprised! 🙂 

• Like 1