Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Being out of sunrise/set photos from ships, my contribution today is from my morning walk in Brisbane.  This stretch of the Brisbane River at Teneriffe and New Farm has a long seafaring history, initially for wool and sugar export, and then as a major Australia/US/UK submarine base during WW2.  Now it is residential, with a walking/running/bicycle path, and great sunrises during morning walks.

image.thumb.png.4fe412524df8c8930fd13fc6258328e3.png

• Like 1

Here's another sunset photo taken during our Brilliance of the Seas cruise. This one shows hilltops in the port of Muscat, Oman immediately after the sun had set behind them on November 18th 2011. We departed port about half an hour after this photo was taken.

445479652_MuscatSunset.thumb.jpg.db60fb8a2e47d8d40bb96de6f91f32e1.jpg

• Like 3

This may be the last photo of mine I can contribute to this thread. This time it's from a Cunard ship and it's a sunrise photo, or perhaps more precisely a photo taken not too long after the sun came up over the hills in the distance. This one was taken from QE on the morning of November 28th 2012 off the coast of Italy in the vicinity of Naples. The captain determined the conditions would not allow us to call at Naples that day.

586240529_NaplesSunrise.thumb.jpg.b5562e3375a41fd6cd8ada592c19f419.jpg

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is another case of the sun struggling to emerge from cloudy skies.  This was February 8, 2018 from my 2018 Crystal 2-ship World Cruise with the Crystal Serenity being waved off a call at Yasawa-I-Rara, Fiji:

dawn0208.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Here are a couple more webcam captures from "isleofwightwebcams.co.uk". These are showing sunrise images of QM2 approaching Cowes on the way to Southampton as seen from their Cowes Yachting webcam. The first is from July 15th 2020 and the second is from August 19th 2020.

890763320_QM2CowesSunrise2020-07-15.jpg.f8f2882a1603db661817ffb53f49bf7d.jpg

1538249985_QM2CowesSunrise2020-08-19.jpg.23679907a6d9d49a0a07e6d9b0027403.jpg

• Like 2

I had not planned to have 2 strait sunrises from my 2012 Zaandam Southeast Asia cruise, but after 2 unexpected days in the hospital it is happening.  On February 13, 2012, the Zaandam visited Na Trang, Vietnam.

goodamvietnam.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Good to see you're back posting, Roy. I'll add two QM2 bridge webcam sunrise images today.

The first one is from QM2's 2012 world voyage. The time shown is GMT. On this date, she was about half way between Port Louis, Mauritius and Fremantle, Australia. That would have her heading east at perhaps GMT+6 local time.

qm2-sunrise.jpg.e6816ca62e6297746f5ca063f6367229.jpg

The second image is very timely. I captured this one early yesterday morning. QM2 is in Southampton docked at berth 104 (Fruit Terminal) which is unusual but then these are unusual times. The ship immediately in front of QM2 is Norwegian Encore at berth 101 (City Terminal). QV is also there in the background to the right at berth 46 (Ocean Terminal).

qm2-qv-southampton.jpg.bacee6b9ea619c4f5c9f3aadd134cea4.jpg

• Like 2

It's been some time since I've had a sunrise from my 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America and Antarctica  cruise, but this is the day.  A bit later on Valentines Day we were in Puerto Madryn:

dawn0214.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

It has not been a good week with my brother's passing yesterday.  I debated on suspending the daily sunrises but I think I need them as much as anybody, and will plan to continue until I am admitted to the hospital.  Today's is from my 2020 World Cruise transferring from Crystal Serenity to QM2.  On February 15 Serenity was at sea from Fiji to New Zealand:

dawn0215.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

It has not been a good week with my brother's passing yesterday.  I debated on suspending the daily sunrises but I think I need them as much as anybody, and will plan to continue until I am admitted to the hospital.  Today's is from my 2020 World Cruise transferring from Crystal Serenity to QM2.  On February 15 Serenity was at sea from Fiji to New Zealand:

My sympathies, @rafinmd, very sorry to hear that.  Thank you for the daily sunrises.  They certainly have brightened my mornings.

• Like 1

Thank you Host Hattie. Today's sunrise is from my 2018 Crystal 2-ship World Cruise.  On February 16 Crystal Serenity arrived in Sydney where I eventually transferred  to the Crystal Symphony:

dawn0216.jpg

Roy