More Cancellations

CCLcruiser91

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

Sort of back to the original theme.  Anyone's best guess as to when May goes away?  If memory serves it was January 6th when they pulled the plug on March and January 22nd when April went away.

Now I bet what they are hoping for is a 'good news' announcement, however unlikely that might be right now.

"Carnival expects its first test cruise on March 1st and will launch its first 'paying customer cruise' on May 1 aboard the Carnival Horizon scheduled to visit the Bahamas on an exciting 4 night itinerary." 

So assuming that's somewhat accurate (at least in terms of the strategy, if not timing) we might have to wait awhile as the CDC continues to press the break pedal waiting for numbers to continue to decline and vaccinations to increase.  I do think Carnival does have an obligation to its booked passengers to give them time to make alternate Spring/Summer plans.  

I've had 3 cruises cancelled. Every time has been less than a week after I had to make final payment. My next one is due March 15th, so naturally it will be the 17th when they cancel through end of May.

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

"Carnival expects its first test cruise on March 1st and will launch its first 'paying customer cruise' on May 1 aboard the Carnival Horizon scheduled to visit the Bahamas on an exciting 4 night itinerary." 

Push those dates back 90 days to test on June 1 and paying on August 1 to hopefully become a bit more realistic.  I'd even settle for 120 days for the short cruises starting on September 1 so our Halloween Mardi Gras cruise is reality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Push those dates back 90 days to test on June 1 and paying on August 1 to hopefully become a bit more realistic.  I'd even settle for 120 days for the short cruises starting on September 1 so our Halloween Mardi Gras cruise is reality.

Did you read my entire post?  Next time you quote me please don't cherry pick out of context.  TIA

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Did you read my entire post?  Next time you quote me please don't cherry pick out of context.  TIA

Yea...read your entire post.   The section of it I quoted had quotation marks so I don't know where you got it from.  Maybe it was your mind, but my spin with changing the dates made it much more realistic.

March 1 test and May 1 short cruise start is totally unrealistic. Many are speculating that short cruises won't happen till 2022.

Scrap Alaska 2021and Canada New England 2021.

Today, the Minister of Transport, the Honourable Omar Alghabra, announced two new Interim Orders, which prohibit pleasure craft in Canadian Arctic waters and cruise vessels in all Canadian waters until February 28, 2022. This means:

• Adventure-seeking pleasure craft are still prohibited from entering Arctic waters. 
  • Passenger vessels carrying more than 12 people are still prohibited from entering Arctic coastal waters, including Nunatsiavut, Nunavik, and the Labrador Coast. 
  • Cruise vessels carrying 100 or more people are still prohibited from operating in Canadian waters.