More Cancellations

CCLcruiser91

4 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

I wouldn't expect cruising to return until 2022. If 75% of the USA is vaccinated by October it will be a miracle.

There won't be that many Americans even wanting the vaccine.

The good news is by May those that really need the vaccine should have it (Elderly & other high risk).

The bad news is that might not be enough for them to move forward with cruising.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Your crystal ball is so shiny. 

Just trying to keep it real and deal with the reality that we're all stuck with.  The CDC has mandated test cruises as well as a 60 day waiting period that some posters seem to forget about or possibly don't know about.  And Carnival is not going to jump into the deep end and start with 7 day cruises on their shiny new toy.  They will start with 3 & 4 day cruises on the Breeze and Horizon, see how they go and If all is well, then start with the Mardi Gras inaugural.  With all of the hoops that need to be jumped through,  I'm crossing my fingers for my Halloween cruise to become reality.

Edited by SNJCruisers

51 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I noted this in a different thread, but to help others who are wondering: 

I called Carnival (general line, I don't have a PVP) and got my cruise transferred after being on hold for no more than about 7 minutes.  Got a better deal on price, too, for the exact same cabin on the same ship, and a better (for us) itinerary.

I also went ahead and just tried calling in, only took about 45 minutes on hold.  Not bad in my opinion, and got lucky with a very knowledgeable person (also don't have a PVP), took care of the transfer to the new booking and moved everything over from previous booking.  She even knew how to work around my refundable deposit situation to allow me to get the $600 OBC, and move existing FCC forward also.  Also upgraded room choice because the rates were better for next November, same itinerary. Today was a good day after all. 😁

3 hours ago, backbiter said:

We had two European Legend cruises booked, one for July (Norway) and one for October (Mediterranean). Both have just been cancelled. 

A couple of questions about the OBC offer.

1. The July cruise was booked with the discounted Cheers package included. Anyone know if this will be transferable to a new booking?

2. The October cruise included $600 OBC given for a cancelled summer 2020 cruise. Will any additional OBC be credited if we book a future cruise?

To answer your questions.   1.  If your new booking is the same length as your cancelled sailing, then the Cheers promo can transfer because the booking number can be the same.

2.  No additional OBC..just the 600.

24 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

To answer your questions.   1.  If your new booking is the same length as your cancelled sailing, then the Cheers promo can transfer because the booking number can be the same.

That's great, thanks. The cruise we are looking it is scheduled for summer 2022 and is the same duration, so we'll try and transfer it.

5 hours ago, jdevine said:

I have a cruise booked for October 2022 out of San Diego on the Miracle. Now all cruises out of San Diego through 2023 are gone....

Found the same issue with San Diego.  I'm starting to believe my late 2021 cruise out of San Diego isn't happening but not from COVID-19 directly.  Rather, San Diego may be an indirect casualty of cruise downsizing with Carnival repositioning the Miracle somewhere else during the winter months. 

Edited by embarkation75

3 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

Found the same issue with San Diego.  I'm starting to believe my late 2021 cruise out of San Diego isn't happening but not from COVID-19 directly.  Rather, San Diego may be an indirect casualty of cruise downsizing with Carnival repositioning the Miracle somewhere else during the winter months. 

They still have the miracle in San Francisco in September. Might switch now. 

18 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Haven't been successful with this, sadly. Looks like the Cheers offer is not transferable to the 2022 Norway cruise, despite it being the same itinerary and duration as the cancelled Legend cruise.☹️

2 hours ago, backbiter said:

Haven't been successful with this, sadly. Looks like the Cheers offer is not transferable to the 2022 Norway cruise, despite it being the same itinerary and duration as the cancelled Legend cruise.☹️

Sorry to hear that.  It was mentioned in that other thread that the promo was running through May 31 2022.  The good news though is that since you're no longer using the promo it would be good on another new booking within whatever time parameters was in your offer box.  It is good only once.  The RU1, RU2 & RU3 are great codes.  RU9, not so much.

It's depressing. I know how May cruise will likely be cancelled, so I just went ahead and booked 2 all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic. At least if the cruise is cancelled, we have a backup plan and something to do. That's what we did last year when our cruise was cancelled as well and it made the summer much more enjoyable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

It's depressing. I know how May cruise will likely be cancelled, so I just went ahead and booked 2 all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic. At least if the cruise is cancelled, we have a backup plan and something to do. That's what we did last year when our cruise was cancelled as well and it made the summer much more enjoyable. 

I hope those DR all inclusive are 5 star resorts that are providing Covid tests so you can legally be admitted back to the US.  That's what the higher end resorts in Mexico are doing.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I hope those DR all inclusive are 5 star resorts that are providing Covid tests so you can legally be admitted back to the US.  That's what the higher end resorts in Mexico are doing.

Most of the resorts in the DR are doing that at no charge. At least the ones we looked at, and booked. We usually only stay at 5* resorts. My wife says I'm a hotel/resort snob. 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

I’m in the process of doing the same. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:32 AM, jdevine said:

I have a cruise booked for October 2022 out of San Diego on the Miracle. Now all cruises out of San Diego through 2023 are gone....

All the sailings for the Miracle are not showing up.  I wonder if this ship is being sold. 

8 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Miracle was just refreshed.  It has cruises out of San Francisco in 2022.

The cruise I have booked still isn’t showing. It’s October 2022 to Hawaii on the Miracle out of San Diego. Actually no cruises out of San Diego are showing up. 

1 minute ago, jdevine said:

The cruise I have booked still isn’t showing. It’s October 2022 to Hawaii on the Miracle out of San Diego. Actually no cruises out of San Diego are showing up. 

Yes, looks like zero cruises out of San Diego.  Perhaps they thought it redundant given that long beach is near by.

4 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Most of the resorts in the DR are doing that at no charge. At least the ones we looked at, and booked. We usually only stay at 5* resorts. My wife says I'm a hotel/resort snob. 😂

So, which resorts met the snobs standards and how many days are you staying at each?

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, which resorts met the snobs standards and how many days are you staying at each?

😆 In June we're going to The Level at Melia Caribe Punta Cana. We want to go to Hyatt Ziva but some other cruise friends are going with us, and Ziva was out of their budget so we were stuck with Melia. Ziva and Melia are both family friendly, we'll have kids with us. We'll be there for 9 days. 

In July, we're going to Sanctuary in Cap Cana. We went there last year when we couldn't cruise and it was absolutely amazing. The DR reopened to visitors on July 15th and we arrived July 19th so things were just reopening there. I want to say there were 150 people at the resort when we went? It was great because we felt like we had the place to ourselves. We'll be there for 10 days. 

I wish we could stay longer at each place. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

😆 In June we're going to The Level at Melia Caribe Punta Cana. 

In July, we're going to Sanctuary in Cap Cana. 

I remember you posting about how great the Sanctuary was last July.  During the last week of July we stayed at the adults only El Dorado Seaside Suites in Mexico and we stayed at a ground floor swim out suite about 25 yards away from the swim up bar.

Went to Punta Cana once about 15 years ago and stayed at Excellence Punta Cana right after it was sold to them from Secrets.  Went with friends and had a great time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Yes, looks like zero cruises out of San Diego.  Perhaps they thought it redundant given that long beach is near by.

That would be my guess as downsizing in the cruise industry might be resulting in the Miracle moved to FL during the winter similar to the Freedom with both then running the Alaska cruise season in the summer. Sadly San Diego didn't even get a full year before Carnival pulled the plug again.