How Adult is the Adult Entertainment?

OarToOar

8 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

I have heard the middle school kids talking and they could probably teach a comedian some new words.  I have never heard such language used,  just another reason to home school the granddaughter.

Language isn't really the issue, it's the content of the comedy.  It's more than language.  We all know middle school kids know and use the language and think they know more than they do for the most part about the rest, but that's no reason to intentionally expose them to it.

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ours on Enchantment was a JS as well.

Under the solarium as I recall

Yeah, on Vision class, the JS are all under the pool/solarium/ windjammer/spa.  Which is why they have the poles.  They have to support the pool deck.  I guess on newer ships they have different structures.

Edited by BND

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Yeah, on Vision class, the JS are all under the pool/solarium/ windjammer/spa.  Which is why they have the poles.  They have to support the pool deck.  I guess on newer ships they have different structures.

Someone definitely wised up and moved the high dollar suites away from pool deck for Oasis and newer

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Someone definitely wised up and moved the high dollar suites away from pool deck for Oasis and newer

Yep.  Other than one time, we  have always stayed in JS or GS and have been in a JS on Oasis.

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis hump JS's are great. I like decks 8 and 6

That's what we had, but I think we were on deck 10. It's been a few years.  We have a hump JS on HOS for Dec on deck 10 for our b2b.  I try to book the hump cabins whenever I can.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:50 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

The performers at the  live comedy  club  on Oasis class ship will  use curse words.  It is an adult only show.   However, when they do a performance in the main theater, the jokes are  family friendly.  

I only have one experience, but we were on Oasis and attended the late comedy show in the theater. It was labeled as an adult show.

There were several tweens and children in the audience with their parents. The comedian started out by addressing the audience, reminding them it was an adult set and that he was not going to tone it down just because there were children in the audience. He gave the parents a few minutes to leave if they wanted.

The set was VERY adult, very sexually explicit, would be a pay per view show on skinemax, and quite hilarious.  The tweens stayed, but several other families did walk out.

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We were on the Adventure and had an owners suite under the pool.  It was horrible.  One night- they were doing repairs on the pool deck and about 3 am we were awoken by what sounded like a jack hammer.  It was horrible.  The suite concierge compensated us for the problem- but never again.  I will stick to Oasis class suites.  With the exception of Crown loft suites, mid ship, cabins above and below for us.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1