Celebrity Edge Infinite Veranda Bed arrangement Question

johnasmith99

We have never cruised on Celebrity but are Diamond on Royal Caribbean, so we became Elite on Celebrity.  We do have our Captains Club # which confirms Elite.  It will be nice to try another cruise line even if still part of RCCL.  We always book Balcony on RCCL ships and know how to determine if a cabin has the bed or the couch by the balcony.  We prefer the couch to be by the balcony. Any tips how to determine that on the Edge would be appreciated. It is likely every other one like we are used to but I don't even know where to start.  Thanks in advance.  

It is every other one.  Hard to explain but if you find a cabin marked for 3 or 4 that will have the bed by bath .  Then you can count from there.  That doesn’t work in AQua Class on the Edge or Apex as those cabins only accommodate 2. 

3 hours ago, johnasmith99 said:

We have never cruised on Celebrity but are Diamond on Royal Caribbean, so we became Elite on Celebrity.  We do have our Captains Club # which confirms Elite.  It will be nice to try another cruise line even if still part of RCCL.  We always book Balcony on RCCL ships and know how to determine if a cabin has the bed or the couch by the balcony.  We prefer the couch to be by the balcony. Any tips how to determine that on the Edge would be appreciated. It is likely every other one like we are used to but I don't even know where to start.  Thanks in advance.  

Please do not take this the wrong way, it is a legit question.  Have seen so many questions on CC re placements of bed/sofa of many different Celebrity ships.  In maybe a 300 SF room, what is it about the bed/sofa  placement.  

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Please do not take this the wrong way, it is a legit question.  Have seen so many questions on CC re placements of bed/sofa of many different Celebrity ships.  In maybe a 300 SF room, what is it about the bed/sofa  placement.  

The verandas on E class are about 200 sq ft not 300.  We prefer the bed  by the bath  because DH can shower and get to the closet while I am at the other end of the cabin doing hair and make-up.  It’s personal preference nothing more. 

• Like 2

For our inf veranda  AQ cabin on EDGE, the bed by the "veranda" worked well. It  gave us a larger area inside...even with the  fairly useless sofa ( low to the ground) and  ok access to the closet cupboard 

We never shut the  bifold doors so dh had a bit more space on the his side of the bed by the doors. We faced the ""veranda" chairs inward.  Like a little sunroom..

We might try it the other way next time...either way cabin is quite tight, esp of compared to the Sunset Veranda cabin with a huge outside balcony. 

IV Is not a deal breaker but not the best cabin design.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:15 PM, LGW59 said:

There are many different reasons. For me it has to do STRICTLY with motion sickness. I know that if I book an S-Class balcony port side cabin for two with the bed by the balcony or a starboard side cabin for two with the bed by the bath, when lying in bed, my body is moving forward (like sitting in a car). This is why I never choose a cabin without referring to the S Class cabin info.  Haven't sailed Edge class yet and, since there is still no detailed chart for that info, I will have to rely on these boards to figure that out. 

Edited by Loracpin2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those who agreed with my choice seem to have answered exactly as I would have.  We like the sitting area to be near the balcony.  My original question was how to determine bed placement but I think I figured that out.  The deck plan actually shows the jut out for the beds.  The cabin highlighted in the attached screen shot should have the couch by the balcony.  Am I right on that?

337640865_CelebrityCabinLayout.JPG.12d04f56f24288551f4d4550e78b25fd.JPG

Edited by johnasmith99

1 hour ago, johnasmith99 said:

Those who agreed with my choice seem to have answered exactly as I would have.  We like the sitting area to be near the balcony.  My original question was how to determine bed placement but I think I figured that out.  The deck plan actually shows the jut out for the beds.  The cabin highlighted in the attached screen shot should have the couch by the balcony.  Am I right on that?

Yes, you are correct.  The section of each room with the "bump" is where the bed would be and we've used that on each booking and it's never failed us.  So in this case, 10230, the sofa is by the balcony.

1 hour ago, johnasmith99 said:

Yes, you are correct.  The section of each room with the "bump" is where the bed would be and we've used that on each booking and it's never failed us.  So in this case, 10230, the sofa is by the balcony.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SRQMom said:

Thanks for the confirmation.  I wish RCCL showed the bed bump on their deck plans but for some reason they don't.  Actually I don't remember seeing a bed bump on them.  Seems the cabins on Oasis and Quantum class are perfect rectangles.  I also think the standard balcony cabins are a bit wider.  I don't remember there being a tight squeeze to walk past the bottom of the bed like there is on Edge.