Upgrading drinks package

mufcok

The Bookers and Whistle Pig do it for me.  Oh and all the bottled/sparkling water...the Champagne was icing on the cake.  

We went on one of the last Sun Cruises that had the alcohol included...the upgrade on that one only cost us around 6 bucks a day...they only charged the gratuity on the package...what a bargain.  The bartenders on the upper deck would start oinking when my Son and I approached in the afternoon..they knew it was Whistle Pig time.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2021 at 10:45 PM, DaCruiseBug said:

Its been confirmed and talked about on this forum many times.

The actual wording from NCL is that the service charges "support employee salary and incentive programs". So basically they're using that money to cover part of their payroll.

That is why if you get a good bartender you use regularly throughout the week, then you should throw them a tip on the last night of the cruise. Even if it is $10/$20, it is better than nothing and my experience is that they appreciate it. I know on the Pride of America when they didn't have the drink package and I had to sign for the drink, I would usually round the cost up to the nearest whole dollar for the tip. By night three or four, I was getting 2 for 1 drinks at my bar of choice (Atrium). You take care of them and they will take care of you! Plus for most of them, they are sending the money home to their families (who they probably haven't seen in months) to give them a better life.

And a question from me about the upgraded drinks package.

If we were travelling with friends, and we had the upgraded package with them having the standard, would we be able to order a bottle of Veuve for dinner each night and share it with them, or would they just have to watch as we enjoyed the finer things in life?
For clarity, they'd be in a couple of other cabins - we're not all sharing a cabin.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:22 AM, Sermenn1 said:

Please tell me,  Veuve  Clicquot, can I only order a bottle at dinner, or is it also available when ordering by the glass at the bar?

Good question. According to this NCL wine list - Veuve is not available by the glass. Perhaps certain bars would carry it though? 

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_07092015.pdf

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

This is from my May 2022 cruise. They updated the overall premium plus pkg in 2019.  You may need to copy n paste the link. 

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

I'm sure it's already been posted but it's $243.60 including the 20% grats. for a 7-day cruise. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Yes, you can get a glass at Le Bistro, however, it's a bit pricey, $34.95/glass or $99 bottle. 

FEATURED CHAMPAGNE

Veuve Clicquot BRUT “Yellow Label” CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE Smooth textured, aromas and flavors of apricot, peach, vanilla pastry and spice Glass $34.95 / Bottle $99

Veuve Clicquot BRUT ROSÉ CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE Full bodied and deliciously fruity, with intense flavors of juicy ripe strawberries and cherries: a burst of red fruits Glass $38.95 / Bottle $110

4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yes, you can get a glass at Le Bistro, however, it's a bit pricey, $34.95/glass or $99 bottle. 

FEATURED CHAMPAGNE

Veuve Clicquot BRUT “Yellow Label” CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE Smooth textured, aromas and flavors of apricot, peach, vanilla pastry and spice Glass $34.95 / Bottle $99

Veuve Clicquot BRUT ROSÉ CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE Full bodied and deliciously fruity, with intense flavors of juicy ripe strawberries and cherries: a burst of red fruits Glass $38.95 / Bottle $110

well if you get the regular drink package offer, it's up to $15 per drink. this way you'll only have to pay either 19,95 for the brut, or 23.95 for the rose. WHAT A DEAL!!!!!

think i'll stick with chivas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, complawyer said:

well if you get the regular drink package offer, it's up to $15 per drink. this way you'll only have to pay either 19,95 for the brut, or 23.95 for the rose. WHAT A DEAL!!!!!

think i'll stick with chivas

I agree. However, looking at the price of the bottle of  Brut and knowing how much I continue to enjoy this champagne, I'd likely buy the bottle. If you have the regular premium alcohol pkg you get a 20% discount, right, so that offsets the price plus the gratuity... still $99.00 equal to approx. 3 - 3 oz. (approx. 8 3oz. glasses) of this delicious wine. I'm assuming... [yes, I hate assuming] that it would be the same as it was in 2018 when the cost was only $3.99 /3oz. glass. 

For me, the bottle is a better deal, and, since I usually end up having friends join me, it doesn't take long to enjoy the bottle with friends. 

Cheers 🥂

On 2/26/2021 at 7:22 AM, thedarklord said:

And a question from me about the upgraded drinks package. If we were travelling with friends, and we had the upgraded package with them having the standard, would we be able to order a bottle of Veuve for dinner each night and share it with them, or would they just have to watch as we enjoyed the finer things in life? For clarity, they'd be in a couple of other cabins - we're not all sharing a cabin.

Yes. no problem. 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:22 AM, Sermenn1 said:

Please tell me,  Veuve  Clicquot, can I only order a bottle at dinner, or is it also available when ordering by the glass at the bar?

It is available by the glass at Le Bistro.  Inquire at whatever bar is closest to that restaurant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I agree. However, looking at the price of the bottle of  Brut and knowing how much I continue to enjoy this champagne, I'd likely buy the bottle. If you have the regular premium alcohol pkg you get a 20% discount, right, so that offsets the price plus the gratuity... still $99.00 equal to approx. 3 - 3 oz. (approx. 8 3oz. glasses) of this delicious wine. I'm assuming... [yes, I hate assuming] that it would be the same as it was in 2018 when the cost was only $3.99 /3oz. glass. 

For me, the bottle is a better deal, and, since I usually end up having friends join me, it doesn't take long to enjoy the bottle with friends. 

Cheers 🥂

well, unfortunately, i've never been a wine afficiando,  and ive never acquired a taste for wine, so for me it would be a waste of fine alcohol. consequently, i'm sticking with chivas as i probably wouldnt  appreciate the quality of the wine. at $35 a glass, im not ready to experiment

1 minute ago, complawyer said:

well, unfortunately, i've never been a wine afficiando,  and ive never acquired a taste for wine, so for me it would be a waste of fine alcohol. consequently, i'm sticking with chivas as i probably wouldnt  appreciate the quality of the wine. at $35 a glass, im not ready to experiment

I understand and at that price nor would I.  I didn't drink any alcoholic beverages for over 30 years, however, my late husband, having only met in 2008, introduced me to a wine which didn't cause any after effects. I only drink wine and having lived in "wine country" for years, it just means I've had the advantage of trying many different types of wine.  I still don't tolerate some wines so I stick to those that don't cause any side effects. Fortunately, Veuve Cliquote has always been acceptable both in nose and side effects. If there was any question of the pleasure this wine/champagne would give me, I would not imbibe either. 

Cheers 🥂