Canada bans all cruises until Feb 2022.

9 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Well good news,  I am getting my first vaccine today at 11:20am.  My wife has hers at 5:10pm.  We are happy.  Now back to the border wars.  

When I get mine between September and July of 2021 you can come and visit. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

When I get mine between September and July of 2021 you can come and visit. 🙂

I just checked the Canadian vaccine tracker site and it now shows that I could get mine between mid June and late August THIS year!!!  

Let's see these promised vaccines arrive and that date become a reality. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I just checked the Canadian vaccine tracker site and it now shows that I could get mine between mid June and late August THIS year!!!  

I bought a bottle of veuve to celebrate with a few close friends once we're all vaccinated... Looks like the other husband will be the last one in line, and he's on the early side of yours based on the current estimate (June). Big first step on the way to normalcy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

A certain blog site about all thing RC noted that RC hasn't yet given up on Alaskan cruises (including trying to get the PVSA waived)  and Canada has left the door open to changing its mandate as well.

On the same webinar where that comment was made they also announced that they would still have some sort of announcement out this Friday.  It may not be the cancellation of all sailings but more of an update as to where they are.  They did not say the answer would be definitive and reiterated that this was a difficult process to work through

The part about the PVSA exemption as well as the Canadian government changing its mind is grasping at straws...IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are on a similar timeline here...   fingers, legs, eyes, arms, toes are all crossed!