A Thank You To The Participants On This Forum

nordski

On another thread I mentioned how it was great to be in such good company as the one we enjoy on this Forum.

Yesterday, I wandered over to another Forum that, at times, I have monitored.

It was shocking to see the blatantly political comments and attacks that revolved around the usual name-calling and “ad hominem” attacks that you see on many social media platforms. 

I immediately fled. If I want a dose of that I can go on Twitter.

So a big thank you to all those who post here in such a manner that our knowledge is increased and the political is kept at bay,

Also I want to thank HostJazzbeau for his work in keeping this a forum that all can enjoy.

I also know which group I want to meet on board a ship.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 2

I am new to Azamara (only 466 days to my cruise!) and I enjoy reading the posts on here.  Nordski, I think you have the most likes on your post that I have ever seen on any thread.  Congrats on a well written post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I have never noticed that there was a 'like' button before !

I’ve used it many times, but didn’t realise that you could press the number to see a list of people who had liked the post. 😂

• Like 1

Continuing with the original comment - I follow two forums most of the time.  I find it amazing that they have such differences in what is posted.  (I am not talking politics).  While I have gotten good information from both forums, it is interesting that the forums even have a different spin on discussing cruising.  I cannot find a word to describe the differences.

I would also stay away from a forum that got political and insulting, etc.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

I would also stay away from a forum that got political and insulting, etc.

Do you know about the "ignore" option?  If a poster is unpleasant or insulting, you can position your cursor over their name and choose "ignore user". You will never have to see his/her posts again.😊

• Like 5

15 hours ago, tgg said:

Do you know about the "ignore" option?  If a poster is unpleasant or insulting, you can position your cursor over their name and choose "ignore user". You will never have to see his/her posts again.😊

Two points. Number one, if they are unpleasant or insulting then there is a report option against every post whereby you can flag it with the moderator and they do a good job deleting posts that are against Cruise Critic guidelines. I'll be the first to admit that I've had posts deleted. It's ok. I understand I don't make the rules. Number two, ignore works great until the ignored is quoted by someone who isn't on your ignore list and then you see it. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Two points. Number one, if they are unpleasant or insulting then there is a report option against every post whereby you can flag it with the moderator and they do a good job deleting posts that are against Cruise Critic guidelines. I'll be the first to admit that I've had posts deleted. It's ok. I understand I don't make the rules. Number two, ignore works great until the ignored is quoted by someone who isn't on your ignore list and then you see it. 

Phil 

I've used the "report" option more than once, and was happy to see the offending posts disappear. (Nothing you've ever posted, Phil 😉

If an "ignored" post comes up because someone else has reacted to it, I don't take the bait. Life is too short to bicker with strangers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tgg said:

I've used the "report" option more than once, and was happy to see the offending posts disappear. (Nothing you've ever posted, Phil 😉

If an "ignored" post comes up because someone else has reacted to it, I don't take the bait. Life is too short to bicker with strangers.

I think this is VERY good advice and one i will try and heed. This community is, on the whole, a wonderful and informative place to come. 

Phil 

• Like 2

I also very much enjoy the Azamara forum for the overall helpful attitude and good discussions.

I follow another forum because I had a cruise booked with them (cancelled due to Covid) & am still considering cruising with them in the future if the itinerary & price are right.

Some posters in that forum seem to relish the opportunity to pounce on a poster to let them know just how stupid their question is. Then once someone makes themselves feel superior by denigrating the OP others feel the need to chime in to also make themselves look superior & add to their all important post total.

I'm sure the atmosphere in that forum doesn't help the cruise line associated with it. I have often hoped I wouldn't end up on a cruise with some of these surly, self-important people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1