The Daily for Monday Feb 8, 2021

richwmn

Good evening, all!

Welcome back to all who took a break.  Glad to see you all posting again.  

My first jab went very smoothly.  No problem at all.  And, before they even gave me the jab, they had scheduled my second jab -  exactly one month from today, same place, same time.  

While it won't change my routine, just starting the vaccine process does relieve a mountain of stress.  

• Like 11

Just got off the phone with my nearest Costco and they can take a passport photo until the 14th just like @superoma said. But their printer is down and they aren’t sure when they can print it. They are hoping to have it fixed tomorrow but I think I’m going to wait until Thursday or Friday and then check again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good news here, Dr. Bonnie said she hopes the vaccine numbers will start ramping up again and she will start vaccinating the 80+ers (that's us!) in March.  I have been checking websites and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to sign up, but she said everyone will be notified, so I guess we just wait for a bit.  I tell myself that the later we get it, the longer it will last!

I am very happy that so many of the Dailyites are getting their jab.😀

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 12

February 8. 2019 the Prinsendam was due to do some scenic cruising at South Georgia before stopping there on the 9th.  Unfortunately, mother nature had her own plans.   Around lunch time there was a huge tabular iceberg behind us:

monster.jpg

Winds at sea hit the 50-60 knot range.  We tried to go into a fjord to get some protected waters but Captain Jeroen realized conditions inside would not be appropriate and we had a strong list to the side as we turned back toward the sea:

windlist.jpg

The sea conditions were also noticeable from the porthole in my cabin:

porthole08.jpg

In spite of the stormy weather there was a lovely rainbow:

rainbow.jpg

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

It was a year ago today that we disembarked the Rotterdam, not realizing it was the last time we’d sail on her  Shortly after we disembarked, we had put a hold on a couple of cruises before we decided it was better to wait and see what the future held.  Well, we’re still waiting.

Lenda

• Like 6

I have been reading your posts today, but just too much going on to sit down and answer. One piece of good news for me.... my sister called me to tell me that she has been notified they will be starting vax in her retirement community soon. She is already signed up, so she finally has some hope. Her not so good news is that there have been a number of car thefts in her area. She is keeping the car locked and in the garage although she does not think they would be interested in a 16 year old Subaru.

Susan

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your prayer list Roy. 

DGD and I watched the Super Bowl and had lots of fun. She especially enjoyed the TikTok commercials and halftime show. She even taught me some football lingo. 

The meal suggestion sounds good and I might make that sometime soon but tonight we are having Cowboy sandwiches from http://www.bagginsgourmet.com/. I was out and about running errands and they were having a special so there you go, that’s dinner.  

Blue, our hairless and always cold dog, had a spa day at the vet with a pedicure and dental scaling. I’m trying to stay on top of the dental scaling for him after that expensive tooth extraction a few months ago. 

I’ve been researching how to take a good passport photo. The government passport website has pages of instructions to follow. Ours are due for renewal and I don’t want to wait until the last minute. We did that once and we were on pins and needles wondering if we would get them in time for a trip. 

While I was out I took a picture of the Catalinas from the new section of Sabino Canyon Road next to Udall Park. I thought @Norseh2o would appreciate the view. 

D67CD99D-DE35-4D8F-9FBE-DC1678964F90.thumb.png.f06e22ee07ed8c8debeded75c93b05c5.png
Note the temperature in the lower right corner!  

D0905974-1F4A-4315-AC35-401295E912D0.thumb.jpeg.640f5f1775db80a530ad163d023f9418.jpeg

Udall Park has been a location for Covid testing for the county health department. Very convenient for us east side residents. 

On another note......

A year ago today I was still in Coronado:

29DE6D0F-FFAF-4245-8C36-8E000F770B2C.jpeg.d3ff46877b298107e4968af8e9bdb3f2.jpeg

65C9DC0D-58CB-455C-82F9-44DC543582B9.thumb.jpeg.a6883c7d21dcd7ffaedc0fd7e4243594.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon (in Arizona) - Love any pictures of maps and appreciate the views in Tucson. DH's research in Sabino Canyon was part of his Master Degree program at the University of Arizona,. Thanks for the memories!

• Like 1