Shareholder OBC

Grandma Cruising

Just to let you know that at the moment you can still get the RCL shareholder benefit applied to future Azamara cruises. I recently applied for a 2022 cruise and have had an email saying that the $250 OBC has been added to the 17 day cruise - its also showing up in my Voyage Planner. Of course it’s possible it may not stick after the Sycamore deal goes through.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 4

The amount of OBC depends on the length of the cruise - $50 for 5 nights or less, $100 for 6-13 nights and $250 for 14  or more nights. That is given per stateroom and you have to own 100 shares.  Its not always clear which cruises qualify, some don’t, especially if they already include Azamara OBC through a promotion.

We bought the shares when they dropped massively in February last year. They’ve already made much of their value back towards their original pre pandemic price.  We bought them both to get the shareholder benefit, and because we thought they would go up. Obviously we didn’t anticipate Azamara being sold, so we’re pleased to have got one lot of OCB.

We applied for the Shareholder benefit and were very impressed to get an email the next day with a new booking confirmation including the $250 OBC.  The same day we applied to Azamara, we also applied to Celebrity for a B2B.  We were denied!!!!  We have reapplied but the sailing may be cancelled anyway.  Not impressed with Celebrity any longer.

Thanks for letting everyone know, Grandma Cruising.

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We applied for the Shareholder benefit and were very impressed to get an email the next day with a new booking confirmation including the $250 OBC.  The same day we applied to Azamara, we also applied to Celebrity for a B2B.  We were denied!!!!  We have reapplied but the sailing may be cancelled anyway.  Not impressed with Celebrity any longer.

Thanks for letting everyone know, Grandma Cruising.

FYI the sharehold benefit is administered by RCG for all 3 lines, it is one of the many shared services that support all 3 cruise lines.  

Well, we must have gotten the Celebrity dud, first day on the job.  We submitted a security statement from the same day, in otherwise current, and were told we were denied because it can't be more than 60 days old.  They (Azamara and Celebrity) were all submitted on-line within minutes.  I HATE incompetence. 

7 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Well, we must have gotten the Celebrity dud, first day on the job.  We submitted a security statement from the same day, in otherwise current, and were told we were denied because it can't be more than 60 days old.  They (Azamara and Celebrity) were all submitted on-line within minutes.  I HATE incompetence. 

May be worth waiting a couple of weeks then re-submitting as a new submission. I think it depends on the agent who deals with your submission.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

On 2/11/2021 at 8:11 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Just to let you know that at the moment you can still get the RCL shareholder benefit applied to future Azamara cruises. I recently applied for a 2022 cruise and have had an email saying that the $250 OBC has been added to the 17 day cruise - its also showing up in my Voyage Planner. Of course it’s possible it may not stick after the Sycamore deal goes through.

Hopefully it will stick, on the basis they honour all outstanding commitments at sale date. Best wishes for a favourable outcome!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hamrag said:

Hopefully it will stick, on the basis they honour all outstanding commitments at sale date. Best wishes for a favourable outcome!

I guess it depends on the terms of the sale.  Most of us booked when Celebrity honored loyalty points for cruises on Azamara & the reverse.  I  would be elated if Celebrity honored  the 184 points our next Azamara cruise would earn but I doubt that will happen.  So if the terms of the sale specify the liability for shareholder OBC stays with RCG then it would be paid, if it transfers as a liability it will still probably be paid but by Azamara. 

I'm booked on a Feb 2022 cruise. Used the link on line uploading the latest stock statement and saw the $250 OBC added in about 2 weeks. Sadly I bought the 100 shares at a much higher price before covid so a net loss. Was actually surprised I received the credit with the impending sale so suggest if you are eligible to apply soon. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

I'm booked on a Feb 2022 cruise. Used the link on line uploading the latest stock statement and saw the $250 OBC added in about 2 weeks. Sadly I bought the 100 shares at a much higher price before covid so a net loss. Was actually surprised I received the credit with the impending sale so suggest if you are eligible to apply soon. 

Glad you got the OBC added.
Just hang on to the shares. They are likely to carry on going back up once cruising starts again.

I believe a lot of the hotels, airline and travel stocks have been severely beaten up during the pandemic. Once life returns to normal and people begin to travel there should be some gains on the ones that don't run out of money first. Not betting my retirement on RCL stock. Hoping we all  stay healthy to enjoy each other's company on the next cruise.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone advise me where to apply for the RCL Stock OBC?   luv2travel90266 you mentioned a link, and Grandma Cruising you mentioned you applied too.   I have several future AZ cruises I should do apply for, I was waiting for my Feb 2021 stock statement :-)

Thanks in advance.

No reason not to try it 🙂  If you are booking Azamara do it ASAP as RCL is selling the brand!

"Sycamore Partners will acquire the entire Azamara brand, including its three-ship fleet and associated intellectual property. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2021"