Great prices today!

erinsmom03

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Yay! I'm so glad someone else found some savings! I really wasn't on hold long, and the service reps that I spoke to were fantastic. 

How are you enjoying our frigid Michigan weather? 🥶 I for one am well past over it! It really makes me wish I was somewhere warm right now! What part of the state are you from? We're southeast lower peninsula, but I lived half my childhood in the good ole UP!

How funny, we are in the very southeastern lower peninsula as well--like just about a mile from the Ohio State Line. Yes, we are missing the warm weather as well!  My maternal great grandparents emigrated from Norway. Some of them worked in the logging industry in the UP, some settled in the upper lower peninsula. 

As it turns out, I didn't get any savings after and had lost my spunk to argue the case with screen shots or anything!  

Take care.

23 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

If anyone else is booked on Serenade for Alaska July 24, 2022, I just saved $938 each on 2 refundable deposit cabins and $849 with a non-refundable deposit cabin. These were all aft cabins deck 9, 2 person occupancy (I think they're 4B?). We didn't see a savings on an Oceanview cabin (1N?) for 4 on deck 8, price was higher.

Also saved almost $400 on a JS on Indy for December 27, 2021. Saved my family a little more than $1300 today, and my friends almost $1800. Not bad for my price checking hobby!

Just thought I'd pass it along, looks like a good sale today.

Congrats on saving money, but it would be more helpful if you gave specifics on actual fare prices paid instead of amount saved.  We all (most of us anyways) are looking for good deals and to me, a good deal is based on what I paid and not on what I saved from a previous price.   

I recall years when someone announced (on the RCI CC board) that there was a $369/pp cruise fare for a 7nt Freedom OTS cruise or was it less?  We missed out unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atgood said:

Congrats on saving money, but it would be more helpful if you gave specifics on actual fare prices paid instead of amount saved.  We all (most of us anyways) are looking for good deals and to me, a good deal is based on what I paid and not on what I saved from a previous price.   

I recall years when someone announced (on the RCI CC board) that there was a $369/pp cruise fare for a 7nt Freedom OTS cruise or was it less?  We missed out unfortunately. 

Fair enough! We all booked category 4B, spacious Oceanview balcony rooms on Serenade of the Seas, multi glacier experience 7 nt Alaska cruise out of Vancouver, July 24-31, 2022. Two person occupancy for NRD is at $3809 now. When we originally booked, the NRD was $4658. Some of us booked refundable, those prices are $4179 now, we originally booked at $5117.

I did note that I didn't know if other categories were discounted. I know that the oceanview room we have our teens in was higher, so it wasn't a better deal.

Our Indy cruise is expensive, because it is over the holiday season, Dec 27-31, 2021 Bahamas. We have 3 people booked in a JS on that one, and I'm sure many other people booked it at a better price, because we joined that sailing late in the game. We booked it at $4136 for a refundable deposit, and it is now $3765.Not a good price I know, but I'm at the point that I just don't care lol. I just want to cruise and I want to go somewhere warm. 

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nancy2vues said:

How funny, we are in the very southeastern lower peninsula as well--like just about a mile from the Ohio State Line. Yes, we are missing the warm weather as well!  My maternal great grandparents emigrated from Norway. Some of them worked in the logging industry in the UP, some settled in the upper lower peninsula. 

As it turns out, I didn't get any savings after and had lost my spunk to argue the case with screen shots or anything!  

Take care.

Bummer that you didn't save any money! I'm still seeing good prices on ours today. 

We aren't that far from the border ourselves! We live in a small town, Flat Rock. Just north of Monroe. 

And yes, a lot of people in the UP are from Norway and Finland too! It's why saunas are so popular up there lol!

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But isn't it really half an hour every day, 365 days a year 🤔

Yes , you have a point there ,  lol  

I tend to check prices when i watch tv so its kind of multi tasking. 

I ended up saving quite a bit doing it , so its always good to check.

Cheers .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, atgood said:

I posted that, great deal for the week of Christmas and it was a balcony cabin, December 2014.  Oddly enough it was less than that for Canadians. . 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I posted that, great deal for the week of Christmas and it was a balcony cabin, December 2014.  Oddly enough it was less than that for Canadians. . 

I thought it was you, but wasn’t 100%.  I think we were out of vacation time back then and couldn’t do it bc we had the 11nt Quantum cruise in early Dec 2014.

Edited by atgood

4 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Fair enough! We all booked category 4B, spacious Oceanview balcony rooms on Serenade of the Seas, multi glacier experience 7 nt Alaska cruise out of Vancouver, July 24-31, 2022. Two person occupancy for NRD is at $3809 now. When we originally booked, the NRD was $4658. Some of us booked refundable, those prices are $4179 now, we originally booked at $5117.

I did note that I didn't know if other categories were discounted. I know that the oceanview room we have our teens in was higher, so it wasn't a better deal.

Our Indy cruise is expensive, because it is over the holiday season, Dec 27-31, 2021 Bahamas. We have 3 people booked in a JS on that one, and I'm sure many other people booked it at a better price, because we joined that sailing late in the game. We booked it at $4136 for a refundable deposit, and it is now $3765.Not a good price I know, but I'm at the point that I just don't care lol. I just want to cruise and I want to go somewhere warm. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the add’l info.  Do those prices include pre-paid tips and taxes/port fees?

We were looking at the same Indy cruise in Dec.   You’re right about the higher prices.   It’s to be expected I guess due to the holidays.  The most recent round of RCI cancellations freed up the vacation time we were planning on using this February and March so we booked Allure in early Dec (instead) for not much more than Indy was going to cost. 

14 minutes ago, atgood said:

I thought it was you, but wasn’t 100%.  I think we were out of vacation time back then and couldn’t do it bc we had the 11nt Quantum cruise in early Dec 2014.

That was when the Feeedom was having Azipod issues.  We were late to a couple of ports so they gave each cabin $450 in OBC.  Turned out to be a really cheap cruise.

Unlike the drink package Royal caught this mistake quickly and not tha5 many people were able to take advantage of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, atgood said:

Thanks for the add’l info.  Do those prices include pre-paid tips and taxes/port fees?

We were looking at the same Indy cruise in Dec.   You’re right about the higher prices.   It’s to be expected I guess due to the holidays.  The most recent round of RCI cancellations freed up the vacation time we were planning on using this February and March so we booked Allure in early Dec (instead) for not much more than Indy was going to cost. 

You're welcome.

Those prices included port taxes but not grats. I did pre-pay grats, but didn't include it with the prices I shared.

Yeah, with our DD heading into her freshman year of college next year, we are stuck with following her school calendar. I would have loved to book earlier in the month and a longer cruise. Next to impossible with her schedule and the holidays.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, erinsmom03 said:

Bummer!! 

No idea why mine would go down and yours wouldn't...that is really weird. Is September more popular than July? I know our girls' room was more expensive. But, I saved on 4 rooms out of 5 total, and much more than I usually save on a reprice, so I am so happy! Hope yours goes down too.

Hurricane season ☺️

13 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Bummer that you didn't save any money! I'm still seeing good prices on ours today. 

We aren't that far from the border ourselves! We live in a small town, Flat Rock. Just north of Monroe. 

And yes, a lot of people in the UP are from Norway and Finland too! It's why saunas are so popular up there lol!

I am in Temperance and work in Monroe:)  We are practically neighbors in the scheme of things!

On 2/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, BecciBoo said:

Just before Canada's announcement, I was looking at Celebrity Alaska for 2022.  Then that happened and by golly, I'm so tired of playing games with bookings I could tear my hair out!  I have one left in September and I've decided I'm not booking again until this thing is over and done with, if it ever is!!!!!!

yep fully agree. when our first cruise got cancelled last summer we decided to take refund as didn't know what was going to happen at the time.Did think 2021 would be good to go but I have come to realise that is probably not possible. Will not book anything just now till we see what cruising will look like 

wonder what the cruise lines would do if everyone stopped booking cruises that are never gonna happen....just a thought