Default Itinerary Name

jeremyosborne81

Our Alaska Cruise on August 8th is showing the same thing. It also appears you cannot pick a 2021 Alaska Cruise on the NCL website with the exception of the October Alaska Russia Japan Cruise. Probably not a good sign. 

• Like 1

I’ve had the ‘default itinerary name’ for my

cruise and the cruise also went missing from the NCL website. A few hours later everything was back to normal with no changes. The cruise went off without a hitch. 

Of course this was pre-COVID. Given that your cruise is to Alaska during the 2021 season, it’s most likely a sign it will be canceled. Sorry 😞 

• Like 1

Hi All,

I believe the Alaska cruises will be cancelled for 2021 as Canada is not allowing any cruise ships with more than 100 people onboard until after Feb. 2022.  And as a cruise to Alaska must stop somewhere in Canada along the way it's a no go.  Same for your Canada/New England cruises on the other side of the country.

It's best to start looking at 2022 cruises.  Mine is in September, 2022.

Take care and stay safe,

happytotravel

Edited by happytotravel
Corrected spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I’ve had the ‘default itinerary name’ for my

cruise and the cruise also went missing from the NCL website. A few hours later everything was back to normal with no changes. The cruise went off without a hitch. 

Of course this was pre-COVID. Given that your cruise is to Alaska during the 2021 season, it’s most likely a sign it will be canceled. Sorry 😞 

Yes, prior to Covid this sort of thing happened quite often. I have had a number of cruises where this has happened and then came back. It is often due to changes to the cruise. In fact, on one cruise which had multiple changes the cruise name just stuck with “default itinerary name” right to the end.

So the name change in itself doesn’t mean the cruise is being cancelled. The fact that it is an Alaska cruise in 2021 is the giveaway.

• Like 1

It is common for appearances like this in reservations to be a result of NCL's weekend maintenance taking some data offline for a night, but it always comes back in about 12 hours.  If it remains a day, then by all reports we've seen here that indicates the cruise is being canceled.

7 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

It is common for appearances like this in reservations to be a result of NCL's weekend maintenance taking some data offline for a night, but it always comes back in about 12 hours.  If it remains a day, then by all reports we've seen here that indicates the cruise is being canceled.

Thanks for the heads up.

Still on Default Itinerary Name. At this point I'm betting on cancelled. Just waiting for the announcement.

Edited by jeremyosborne81

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2021 at 6:03 PM, jeremyosborne81 said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Still on Default Itinerary Name. At this point I'm betting on cancelled. Just waiting for the announcement.

And was it canceled? It's been more than 24 hours since the Default itinerary title on my British Isles cruise for Sept, and agents tell me it's just routine maintenance.

1 minute ago, ISLABONITA said:

And was it canceled? It's been more than 24 hours since the Default itinerary title on my British Isles cruise for Sept, and agents tell me it's just routine maintenance.

Not officially cancelled. Just in a weird state of Limbo. Still reads "Default Itinerary." I have until the end of June (or July?) for final payment. So, hopefully we get a better answer in the next two or three months.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 8:02 PM, BirdTravels said:

It means that your cruise is in the process of being cancelled. Official notification forthcoming once the cancellation is complete.

Again, not always true.  As I posted on another thread, my Sept 2021 cruise had this name for about three weeks, but then re-posted with a slightly modified itinerary sailing one day earlier.  All booked passengers get an extra day and port at no change in fare.  That works for me provided we do sail.

5 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

Again, not always true.  As I posted on another thread, my Sept 2021 cruise had this name for about three weeks, but then re-posted with a slightly modified itinerary sailing one day earlier.  All booked passengers get an extra day and port at no change in fare.  That works for me provided we do sail.

Where is that cruise going?

13 hours ago, ISLABONITA said:

It is now officially cancelled, unfortunately.... Same as our British Isles cruise earlier that month.

35 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

It is now officially cancelled, unfortunately.... Same as our British Isles cruise earlier that month.

Crap!!  I was just told by an agent... here we go again, losing money on booked flights, sailing up in costs.  

Yeah - our Alaskan cruise was cancelled this morning. 😞 This was our 3rd cancellation. Stupid COVID. Now back to searching for a cruise that isn't ridiculously priced (despite the 30% and All Free!). Really kicking ourselves for not just taking the refund when the first cruise cancelled back in early 2020. 

On 3/25/2021 at 2:45 PM, Ryanty said:

My July 2021 Alaska Cruise had said the same thing for 2 months.  It now shows  7-Day Alaska Round-trip Seattle: Dawes Glacier again.  Hopefully that is a good sign?!?!

Same here, our two Alaska Bliss cruises in August are now listed by name and not "Default Itinerary Name."  

I don't know how to view this.  Is it a sign NCL knows something?  Or was it that NCL was able to fix their website such that they can remove a cruise from new bookings without causing the default itinerary name moniker? 

18 hours ago, mianmike said:

Same here, our two Alaska Bliss cruises in August are now listed by name and not "Default Itinerary Name."  

I don't know how to view this.  Is it a sign NCL knows something?  Or was it that NCL was able to fix their website such that they can remove a cruise from new bookings without causing the default itinerary name moniker? 

I don't know whether this is a good sign or not.  So, I just checked our cruise...and while it no longer says "Default Itinerary"...there's no name listed...just the date of embarkation (September 7, 2021).  When I looked yesterday, there was an identical cruise (same Alaska itinerary) listed for September 2022...but as of today, that one's now totally gone.  

This all makes me wonder if they're still in the middle of updating their website...so I guess it's still a "wait and see" situation...

38 minutes ago, Yo Adrienne said:

I don't know whether this is a good sign or not.  So, I just checked our cruise...and while it no longer says "Default Itinerary"...there's no name listed...just the date of embarkation (September 7, 2021).  When I looked yesterday, there was an identical cruise (same Alaska itinerary) listed for September 2022...but as of today, that one's now totally gone.  

This all makes me wonder if they're still in the middle of updating their website...so I guess it's still a "wait and see" situation...

We are also booked on the Sept. 7 Alaska cruise on the Sun.  My PCC called last week saying that it had not been cancelled yet, but probably would be soon.  Looks like the Sun is on the move now - she is on her way to the Panama Canal.  It will be interesting to see if any of the "exciting news" involves the Sun.

The same 9 day Alaska itinerary for Sept. 2022 is still on the website, it just doesn't have Alaska in the title so it doesn't show up if Alaska is in the search box.  We are booked on this one too.

• Like 1