Good comment from Arnold Donald

DaveOKC

1 hour ago, HappyInVan said:

The poster clearly had something in his bonnet. Might have something to do with the letter Q.

In any case, this is a quote from Senator Kelly about his conversation with Governor Ducey. Not a post from an anonymous Facebook or CC source.

I have no reason to doubt Kelly or Ducey's integrity and intelligence. Do you?

BTW, the information is in line with several surveys. Do you want me to share with you?

It's not something I have a vested interest in, it was  general observation on my part. On a personal level,  for me, surveys in general don't hold much weight. Minimally they have to be presented with "when was it taken, the exact wording of the question so you can get the context applied, method  used (verbal, written, anonymous etc), how many people, demographics of those polled (including social) etc.

Being Canadian, I have seen anything from 50% to 80% of Canadians want (or are willing?) to take the vaccine. It seems it was generally reported lower initially and then higher as time went on (maybe people are becoming less sceptical). At the end of the day, I would say I still have no clear idea how many people will take the vaccine in Canada, let alone Arizona.  

Again, it was intended to be a generalization and not questioning anyone's integrity.  I apologize if I offended anyone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Okay... That source is even less reliable. 🙄

Why do you not trust MSN? It merely repeats the news reports from local stations/newspapers.

You should check out the content of the articles. Is there new information. Who's the source? What's the implications?

Edited by HappyInVan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Again, it was intended to be a generalization and not questioning anyone's integrity.  I apologize if I offended anyone. 

No problem.

General polls are of limited value until the last days before Decision Day. Governments, political entities and businesses do market research. Polls with specificity, as part of their formulation of strategy/products.

Do you prefer these changes in price/performance/aesthetics?

Market research can be very effective, particularly if they deliver the bad news to decision makers. For that reason, private polls are kept confidential.

On the subject of sources, I would pay attention to the people in the know. As long as they have a decent track record. (For habitual liars, I would simply reverse what they claim!)

In this case, Senator Kelly is revealing what the state government is thinking. Hope that they have a back-up strategy/campaign.

In the case of CCL CEO, we have to assume that his pronouncements are positive PR messages. What's important is what he does!!!

Desperately raising cash at junk bond rates. There's a clear message there all the way back to April 2020.

Do you want to know why I was so bearish on cruising in April 2020? I canceled all of my bookings, except Iceland August 2021.

Edited by HappyInVan

20 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Do NOT laminate your vaccine cards. Similar to the guidance from SSA on laminating Social Security cards.

I appreciate your warning: thank you.  But, why should I not do so?  I have not laminated my SS card, but, I don't recall learning anything why I should not do so.