Is the summer European season done.

I’ve got a b2b booked from Barcelona in September and I’m of the view the whole itinerary starting in May will be kicked in to touch. My full payment is due in June so hopefully this is announced soon so I can make alternative arrangements for 2022

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depending on what European countries dictate.  We could see a repeat of the Alaska announcement. 

Right, but that would likely be one country at a time, not all of Europe at once.

Having managed to do so for Singapore and now Israel, I could see Royal potentially coming to agreements with other European governments to have localised sailings. If it can be done safely, it would be good all round.

Obviously though, it would depend on both the virus situation and political will, so I suppose it's anybody's guess really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Having managed to do so for Singapore and now Israel, I could see Royal potentially coming to agreements with other European governments to have localised sailings. If it can be done safely, it would be good all round.

Obviously though, it would depend on both the virus situation and political will, so I suppose it's anybody's guess really.

Won't work for Americans though, only going to be for local passengers as it has been for both Singapore and Israel.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

If the sailings out of Barcelona are cancelled is it possible to transfer the FCC’s and deposits that I have going on to these September cruises, to a cruise in 2022 that I’ve already booked. Does ourusualbeach know please.

Once a sailing is cancelled you cannot transfer deposits to another booked sailing.  You can get a new FCC and apply that to a booked sailing. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Won't work for Americans though, only going to be for local passengers as it has been for both Singapore and Israel.

Yes, you're right, that's what I was thinking. My finger pressed "post" before my brain had time to catch up! 😂

Just to apply some context to this, the b2b I have currently has just under £3000 and $1200 OBC going in to it. This is down to all the cancellations RCI have made over the last 18 months. I have a cruise booked for September 2022 and would want to apply this money to that. Does this mean I’ll lose all of that through no fault of mine please. It’s not happened yet but I fully expect the cancellation of Adventure out of Barcelona for the full season. I’ve checked the number of grand suites booked from May and there are none booked. The same applies to our cruise in September, mine is the only grand suite booked. Don’t know if this is indicative of the rest of the cabins but it doesn’t look great. 

50 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Right, but that would likely be one country at a time, not all of Europe at once.

EU have open borders, though there has been some limited closures due covid. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes it is.  You will receive instructions in your letter. 

Thanks Ken!  So, I guess there will be a separate letter coming for CP purchases, different from the one we received about the cruise cancellation?