Cruise Parking at Southampton

moonstone01

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked and answered, but we are travelling to Southampton in September for our cruise on the Iona. We have always used CPS for parking our car and was wondering is this the best firm to use or are there any other options available.

Many thanks

That very much depends on who you are sailing with and from which berth. If it’s P&O and it’s free then even better. I’ve never had any issues with CPS in fairness... other parking options are available 😁

2 minutes ago, devonuk said:

it’s P&O and it’s free then even better. I’ve never had any issues with CPS in fairness... 

To be fair, it's not really free. You get a reduced level of obc if you take the parking (or coach) option.

It's just a matter of deciding which (obc or parking) makes economic sense. 

Just now, terrierjohn said:

CPS is generally fully competitive for shorter length cruises, so unlikely there will be any saving by using an alternative.

My quick calculation was that once you get beyond 10 days or so, Parking4cruises becomes the cheaper option.

I also worked out for cruises over 14 days but under 21, our 19 day Arcadia  cruise that was unfortunately cancelled.  Park and stay at Careys manor in Brockenhurst, which gives you free parking for up up 21 nights , becomes very attractive.  You get a night in a very nice hotel and a lazy journey to ship for very little extra. If you have time to come night before. Of course for a short cruise maths don't work out

I've just changed my Arcadia 55 nighter to the following 12 nighter.  I was offered £145 OBC or free parking.  I said I'd look at the cost of parking when she came back and said there was a deal available, free parking and £90 OBC.  I snatched it out of her sweaty little hand!  So it may be looking to see if a deal like that is available.

• Like 1