The Daily for Wednesday Mar 03, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Live4cruises said:

@sailingdutchy,, was your 2012 cruise on the Mighty E the one where we dodged all the hurricanes?  I think it was 2012, but I haven’t checked my calendars.  Even though that cruise re-defined disruption, we had a wonderful time.  Prins Christian Sund was one of the most beautiful places we’ve ever seen, and we loved having 2 days in Halifax.  So, it seems we may have sailed together twice (Prinsendam 2019).

Yes you are correct @Live4cruises that was the same cruise where Captain Darin Bowland was daily on the TV talking with the cruise director JC  , quite a pair of comedians , talked about all of the hurricanes , we were in SW Gale 3.5 meter swells ,that prevented us from going to the Shetlands  m, had an extra day in Reykjavik and we had to go around the West side of Newfoundland to miss the next hurricane . Going through Prince Christian Sund we just had a beautiful amazing day to take the nicest pictures . Hope to meet you next time on the third cruise where ever it is in the world ! 

The crew of the Eurodam brought boxes and boxes of pizzas  ,fresh fruit , soft drinks ,  juices  and vegetables to the very small isolated Inuit Village of Aappilattoq  which was very much appreciated by the villagers and also a wonderful experience for us passengers , great gesture 

Couple of pictures of Prince Christian Sund

DSCF3862.thumb.jpg.93c05a436fe84e85bc09bb49a265d221.jpg

DSCF3859.jpg

DSCF3869.jpg

DSCF3905.jpg

DSCF3947.jpg

DSCF3953 2.jpg

DSCF3993 2.jpg

image001.jpg

• Like 20

We visited Qaqortoq in the fall of 2018 on the Zuiderdam.

Rather then posting some pictures of our visit - I'll post a link to a review I did of that cruise, which includes pictures and comments. 

Qaqortoq starts at post #231.

Review of Visits to Norway/Iceland/Greenland on Fall 2018 Cruise. - Holland America Line - Cruise Critic Community

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

@bennybearyour comment about flying over Greenland reminded me of one of my first times, the pilot took us pretty low and told us “remember, Greenland isn’t green and Iceland isn’t ice.”

I too love grocery stores on my travels and for DH we do hardware stores too! Here is the sign on the door at a grocery in the Westman Islands in Iceland.

68F8B3B8-30CF-456F-9215-A18DA7BDFE49.jpeg

We must have had the same pilot!  😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

After an entire year of no one in our family having even a sniffle (thanks to masks and hand washing) my oldest daughter has a really bad respiratory infection. They gave her both a Covid test and a strep test-both negative. They did give her a steroid shot which surprised me.

Oh dear, your poor daughter.  I hope she can recover from it quickly.  Thankful that she tested negative fro Covid.

17 hours ago, mamaofami said:

I’m late to the party today. I had an early morning appointment at the dermatologist and had a biopsy done on my nose. He’s pretty sure it’s a basal cell and I will need moms surgery which isn’t a big deal since I’ve had it before, but it takes a long time to get an appointment.

So sorry to hear this Carol.  Hope you can get your appointment quickly  🤞 🙏🏻 

17 hours ago, mamaofami said:

About thirty minutes after we came home, DH announced he lost vision in one eye. While we waited for a response from the ophthalmologist, it slowly returned to normal , but he’s being seen now. This can come from small blood vessels, but he just had the covid shot on Monday, so who knows if this is a reaction or if it caused it.

Oh my heavens!  Hope they can get to the bottom of what caused it and it is nothing serious!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

We visited Qaqortoq in the fall of 2018 on the Zuiderdam.

Rather then posting some pictures of our visit - I'll post a link to a review I did of that cruise, which includes pictures and comments. 

Qaqortoq starts at post #231.

Review of Visits to Norway/Iceland/Greenland on Fall 2018 Cruise. - Holland America Line - Cruise Critic Community

Welcome to posting to the Daily! What a great inaugural post! I remember reading your review as you were posting it. My bucket list got longer thanks to you! Hope to see more of you here!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Welcome to posting to the Daily! What a great inaugural post! I remember reading your review as you were posting it. My bucket list got longer thanks to you! Hope to see more of you here!

Missed that.  Actually, welcome back.  GeorgeCharlie posted on February 7.

Roy