Revolutionized Millennium SI Cabin

Plato123

We are booking a cruise on the Millennium for late 2022 and were wondering about a few things.

1.  Are loungers available for the balcony, and is there a useable table available on the balcony for breakfast for example.

2.  Is there a real bar with stools in the Retreat Lounge?

3.  Is the sofa bed comfortable for sitting on?  ( On the Edge the "sofa" was useless.) 

4.  Is there only the Petit Chef option available in Qsine?

All our previous Celebrity cruises have been  on Solstice class ships except for the Edge, so we are looking forward to a smaller ship experience this time.

We sailed on Millennium Feb 2019 the second sailing after the refurb.

We were disappointed with the makeover as we found some of the furnishing to be next to useless.

Things may have changed since.

We were in 6146, the S1 attached to the penthouse, so things may have been a bit different in a regular S1/S2.

We did not have loungers on the balcony,  there was a couch type of seat which was not very comfortable, we did ask for a loungers and received them from our attendant. Not sure if they stayed; however, our balcony was very large.

The table and chairs on the balcony were a disappointment, and the table was quite small.  I carried the table into the room, and used it inside - it was ok for breakfast but it wouldn't accommodate two people for a regular meal.

We provided some very pointed comments both during the cruise and left some written comments for the suite manager as to our disappointment with the furnishings.  Hopefully they made changes.

There was not a sit down bar in the Retreat Lounge, it was more of a service bar for the staff.

We did not have a sofa bed per se, it was a "sofa" where the back cushions could be pulled off and then the seat made up into a single bed.  Uncomfortable to sit upon.

image.thumb.png.9ecd228d89978eb70d132e8255b8fa14.png

image.thumb.png.4b5d64fe9e77699577ba73f2e0bc134b.png

image.thumb.png.75b7b60ea8e57fde0856bd229088b9ee.png

image.thumb.png.11c8048f1aa520ea9e59864142f97b05.png

We are booked in that suite for 12/22 and  those pictures are disappointing.  

Hopefully they will make some modification to the balcony furnishings as those chairs and couch on the balcony look very uncomfortable.

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We are booked in that suite for 12/22 and  those pictures are disappointing.  

Hopefully they will make some modification to the balcony furnishings as those chairs and couch on the balcony look very uncomfortable.

A few more pictures.  The bathroom made up for many of the shortcomings. Hopefully they have corrected the lighting over the vanity - it was very difficult to shave...my wife never attempted to apply any sort of makeup.

There were no bedside lamps either; however, that was an oversight and the lamps were ordered.

As it was the second cruise out of the refurb there were many oversights which had to be corrected.

Overall the room was dark; however, we were very seldom in the room other than changing and sleeping.

image.thumb.png.258ccba005946615182b3d944e66d2dd.png

image.thumb.png.be4563df718c27f19edf1bb4bdfa02c3.png

image.thumb.png.f9e95f63cb022460f054887ce84c155e.png

image.thumb.png.9148d17c57bd33d04eb6be18cd5469b8.png

image.thumb.png.85a6e61252684d2e2a01ec3348c75ffd.png

image.thumb.png.3860fc3baf3e829637c8a1c6a4d016ea.png

image.thumb.png.ca5a15783f67cd3b6f305f12d23927d1.png

Edited by ScubesDad
  • Like 1

We were in 6122 in Aug 2019.  We found many of the changes disappointing and difficult.  The arms of the desk chair were of such a height that the chair could not fit into the slot in the desk area, so it jutted out into the already narrow  walking aisle constantly.  The mirror there was so high that a shorter woman could not sit to apply makeup, as only the very tip of my head was visible in the mirror. While my husband used the shower, I stood at the desk to apply makeup with not very good lighting. We also felt that the room was very dark in general, even with drapes open on a sunny day...blah color scheme.

As others have said, the couch was very uncomfortable and too deep for anyone to sit with feet touching the floor if under 5'6" or so. Many useless  and breakable decorative items that could move about in heavy seas (coral, plastic plants, large white vase, etc)  had to be stored in cabinets.  No table or side spot to put a drink, a book, a pair of glasses, or anything were at the couch area unless one brought in the balcony table as described above.  So if trying to enjoy a drink with a book, one had to balance a drink-in-hand on the arm continuously. Balcony chair was just an upright chair....we were told by our butler the first afternoon that nothing else, not even a small footstool was available. 

There was however, a bit more storage with the large cabinet along the balcony wall (tho it did have the above-mentioned moveable items in it!)

We also found the chairs in the Lounge very uncomfortable and the room was not used often by our fellows for anything but drink times for the most part.  Few came by to just sit and read or chat as we have in the past with fellow Suite guests at many times on the voyage. 

However, the beauty of Alaska helped!  We dealt with the changes, enjoyed the staff and the trip and will deal with it on our next one as well. 

It is sad that they spent so much money and ended up with uncomfortable and unfunctional furniture.   The suite bath looks great & we like the new colors but straight back chairs on a balcony make no sense.  A mirror over a vanity that is too high to be useful and a chair that doesn’t fit under the counter -yikes!

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

It is sad that they spent so much money and ended up with uncomfortable and unfunctional furniture.   The suite bath looks great & we like the new colors but straight back chairs on a balcony make no sense.  A mirror over a vanity that is too high to be useful and a chair that doesn’t fit under the counter -yikes!

And sadder that they didn't learn from Edge.  All these things were pointed out here on Cruise Critic when that ship debuted.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for addressing some of my questions.  It does seem they disregarded feedback from us early Edge cruisers like us.  At least the balcony table id bigger than the garbage can they y called a table on the Edge.  The bathroom looks good but dark so we will plan to add some light somehow. Overall it still looks like an upscale Ikea interior, however we still look forward to our cruise on the Millennium.

PS, I hope they dump Le Petit Chef before our cruise.  Once is enough, and the food was not great at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plato123 said:

Thanks to everyone for addressing some of my questions.  It does seem they disregarded feedback from us early Edge cruisers like us.  At least the balcony table id bigger than the garbage can they y called a table on the Edge.  The bathroom looks good but dark so we will plan to add some light somehow. Overall it still looks like an upscale Ikea interior, however we still look forward to our cruise on the Millennium.

PS, I hope they dump Le Petit Chef before our cruise.  Once is enough, and the food was not great at the time.

Sure, let's design a one billion dollar cruise ship with the interests of the what, perhaps 5% or less of cruisers who are on CC.  

21 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Looks Very Kelly Hoppen.  🙁

Nothing at all wrong with that IMO, it is the small one window door, what a dark dreary room to stay in if you just want to chill for a day.  That is on Celebrity, not Kelly.

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Nothing at all wrong with that IMO, it is the small one window door, what a dark dreary room to stay in if you just want to chill for a day.  That is on Celebrity, not Kelly.

My thoughts exactly - very small opening to allow in sunlight. I have seen pictures of other Sky Suites on Millennium that have a lot more window area. Is this arrangement of a narrow door only for the ones adjacent to the Penthouse Suites, or do other Sky Suites also have this deficiency?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

My thoughts exactly - very small opening to allow in sunlight. I have seen pictures of other Sky Suites on Millennium that have a lot more window area. Is this arrangement of a narrow door only for the ones adjacent to the Penthouse Suites, or do other Sky Suites also have this deficiency?

deficiency - perfect way to describe it, my idea of a cabin is to have full views of the ocean from my room, this does not seem to offer that to me.

• Like 1