Premium plus drink package

jetact

Looking at the premium plus package and I see all of the wines you can get by the bottle but some are not marked that you can get them by the bottle but they are on the list. In the case of the Veuve Clicquot can you get that by the bottle? It does not have an * by it so is it only by the glass? Why do they mix it up, dont put it on the list if you cant get a bottle. 

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

Had a bottle of Veuve every night at dinner on our November 2019 cruise on the Breakaway.

This alone made the upgrade to the Premium Plus Beverage package worth it.

Thank you.   We are going on the Breakaway next January and my girls love prosecco and champagne so if we are able to get bottles so we can take some back to the room I will definitely do the upgrade.  

10 hours ago, jetact said:

Thank you.   We are going on the Breakaway next January and my girls love prosecco and champagne so if we are able to get bottles so we can take some back to the room I will definitely do the upgrade.  

FYI... you can only order bottles at dinner. 
Each person on the package was entitled to order one bottle each.

So I would order the Veuve and then DH would order a bottle to go with dinner. Anything that was leftover we were able to have sent back to our stateroom to finish later. 

• Like 1

So I would order the Veuve and then DH would order a bottle to go with dinner. Anything that was leftover we were able to have sent back to our stateroom to finish later. 

Thank you pixiedust, thats good information. I thought you would be able to get bottles at the bar also. 

5 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Nice tactic.  Never underestimate the ingenuity of a cruise passenger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is an op-ed on this plan in on CruiseCritics.com.  The only wine they gave us by the bottle as part of the Premium Plus was the one with the (*).  That is all they are obligated to do.  However, I never asked for anything else that was on the list.  Another poster said they got other wine from the list so they might be nice.  I hope so, good luck.

On 3/11/2021 at 9:03 AM, sid_9169 said:

I had mixed results in the Encore in December 2019... Most of the time I was able to get the entire bottle, but a couple of other times, they said that you could get the Moet and Chandon...

We were also on the Encore December 2019, there were only 1or 2 restaurants that  offered Veuve by the bottle.  I remember I got the “intel” off cruise critic.  We never had a problem getting a bottle.  Just had to know where to go. 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:52 AM, pixiedust777 said:

When you say 'sent back to your stateroom' do you mean actually that, or did you have to take it there yourself?

Do they do the room service charge to deliver the bottles to your room?

3 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Maybe not for you but more my speed (I'm not a champagne connoisseur). Can you imagine the hangover after a night drinking that stuff?

Andre Brut, Champagne, Sparkling Wine & Champagne - 750ml - California price: $6.49

Migraine Charlieday GIFs | Tenor

One NYE in my youth I drank 2 bottles on the same night . Not proud of it.

• Haha 1

Fun fact: real champagne doesn't cause headaches. I once spent a week visiting a friend in Lyon, France. Her mother is from Reims, in the heart of champagne country. My friend's aunt visited while I was there and she brought, and we consumed, copious amounts of champagne. As she said "le bon vin ne fait pas mal a la tete." (Good wine doesn't cause headaches) 🙂

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Fun fact: real champagne doesn't cause headaches. I once spent a week visiting a friend in Lyon, France. Her mother is from Reims, in the heart of champagne country. My friend's aunt visited while I was there and she brought, and we consumed, copious amounts of champagne. As she said "le bon vin ne fait pas mal a la tete." (Good wine doesn't cause headaches) 🙂

Thanks for the info (I'll have to remember that, lol). But I have a feeling that 2017 Andre "champagne" at $6.49 a bottle may not be real champagne.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Thanks for the info (I'll have to remember that, lol). But I have a feeling that 2017 Andre "champagne" at $6.49 a bottle may not be real champagne.

I only paid  $2.99 but it was around 2004 maybe inflation 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

When you say 'sent back to your stateroom' do you mean actually that, or did you have to take it there yourself?

Do they do the room service charge to deliver the bottles to your room?

Sent back to our stateroom.

Filled out a little slip that the wine steward brought over and when we would return later in the evening the corked bottle(s) would be there to have a nightcap.

Princess has been the only cruise line we have been on that had you take your own leftover bottle of wine back to the stateroom yourself. Never order a bottle after the first night. I find it tacky to have to bring your unfinished bottle back to your own stateroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent back to our stateroom.

Filled out a little slip that the wine steward brought over and when we would return later in the evening the corked bottle(s) would be there to have a nightcap.

Princess has been the only cruise line we have been on that had you take your own leftover bottle of wine back to the stateroom yourself. Never order a bottle after the first night. I find it tacky to have to bring your unfinished bottle back to your own stateroom.

That's absolutely fantastic to know.  Did they bring glasses with the bottle as well?  I must say, the 'what counts as room service' question continues to mystify me, if that doesn't count.  lol  😃

Were they able to recork the champagne as well (if you'd ever requested that)?

On 4/2/2021 at 11:17 PM, Named-Tawny said:

That's absolutely fantastic to know.  Did they bring glasses with the bottle as well?  I must say, the 'what counts as room service' question continues to mystify me, if that doesn't count.  lol  😃

Were they able to recork the champagne as well (if you'd ever requested that)?

What’s leftover champagne .....lol🤣🤣🤣

It was the wine that was always re-corked  and sent back.

Wine glasses were in the room upon arrival and replaced by our room steward as needed.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 2:04 AM, farmersfight said:

Maybe not for you but more my speed (I'm not a champagne connoisseur). Can you imagine the hangover after a night drinking that stuff?

Andre Brut, Champagne, Sparkling Wine & Champagne - 750ml - California price: $6.49

Migraine Charlieday GIFs | Tenor

I was referring to @HowardK as potential rat pack material, not the cheap champagne (not that there's anything wrong with that.....  😀)

"Was anyone able to get 2017 Andre Champegne with the upgrade? It was like $2.99 at my local winery so I figured NCL would consider it $18 a glass. "

Edited by CaptainHazelwood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainHazelwood said:

I was referring to @HowardK as potential rat pack material, not the cheap champagne (not that there's anything wrong with that.....  😀)

"Was anyone able to get 2017 Andre Champegne with the upgrade? It was like $2.99 at my local winery so I figured NCL would consider it $18 a glass. "

Oh, I misread you. Could you shoot me an e-mail about this? Thanks.

Being in the wine business, Andre is the finest cuvee ever made.  Trust me, no headache, no cotton mouth the next morning, absolutely no "chumming" overboard if you have a balcony room.  LOL!!

IIRC, because it's been so long since my last cruise, Wifey and I would get a btl of Veuve at dinner every night, along with another bottle OR two of wine for dinner.  They did, however have a marketing deal with Veuve (Moet Hennessey) that the glass price was $34.95, and with the PPBP, you're capped at $35, and the bottle was $99, but available with the upgrade.  If I wanted just a glass of wine to try, the servers never had a problem opening another bottle for me, and if I liked it, I'd take it to go.  Granted, this was when the PPBP was JUST rolling out, as a matter of fact, I think we were the first sailing on Breakaway that offered it, so there was MASS confusion all week long!

Definitely worth the upgrade if you do like to drink the better quality wines and spirits, especially if you're a bourbon/rye drinker like my wife and I, cause I'm not going to be stuck with JD all week...

• Like 1