Choosing travel insurance

I know its the age old topic but still wonder whether to take Royals travel insurance or a little bit more expensive policy. Only a week in the caribbean and we are local to the Florida area. Have a few aging issues but nothing major. I believe Royal has the "anytime cancel"  Anyway-just looking for thoughts on travel insurance. Oh-we booked for 8/2021.  Very hopeful thinking. And vaccinated.  

5 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

I know its the age old topic but still wonder whether to take Royals travel insurance or a little bit more expensive policy. Only a week in the caribbean and we are local to the Florida area. Have a few aging issues but nothing major. I believe Royal has the "anytime cancel"  Anyway-just looking for thoughts on travel insurance. Oh-we booked for 8/2021.  Very hopeful thinking. And vaccinated.  

It depends on whether you want it for the trip cancellation (CFAR) or the medical / evacuation.

If you want it for the medical / evacuation they buy the policy elsewhere as the coverage is pitiful.

10 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

thanks everyone.  Good question if the insurance is transferrable. If the cruise line cancels then I wonder if another insurance would refund.  But they do have the cancel for any reason clause. I guess my biggest concern with travel is the medical aspect. You never know

You should of course check to see what coverage your current health insurance provides. Many people don't consider that aspect and end up over-insuring themselves unnecessarily.