Flight Ease

leerathje

Wondering if anyone has found that Flight Ease prices drop? Had a look at a flight dep. November 30 ret. December 12.

Can prices get cheaper, or do I need to keep a watch on it and cancel and rebook at a lower price?

Thanks all!

L.

Price drop won't apply automatically.  You must watch it and simply change and rebook flights at lower price. Since no real money has changed hands, its basically a hold at a lower price.  I've asked a number of times and been told the price isn't guaranteed but that it is honored at the time you make final payment, so it pays to keep checking.

• Like 1

Yes they do drop and you can change them until final payment.  Set up a google flight tracker alert which tracks the major airlines that Flight Ease uses.  If you see a drop in prices check,  there may be a lag of up to a week before the new price shows in Flight Ease.  Their international rates are excellent.  I don't know when your cruise is but they do have sales, one year at Thanksgiving I got a sweet price for a South American flight.

They will follow airline pricing which in my experience don’t usually drop.  We have often found ridiculous deals on Flight Ease particularly on one way fares.  I remember one where we flew to Tokyo from NC for $300 one way.

57 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Do you need to pick flexible fares for that or can you change with restricted too?

Restricted has to be paid for up front and is subject to cancellation fees up to 100% of the cost of the air fare.  From HAL’s Flight Ease page

076A103A-3825-4BE6-8CD0-18892247745B.thumb.png.adfbacb8f965a59be06a45da0b2019e1.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kazu said:

Restricted has to be paid for up front and is subject to cancellation fees up to 100% of the cost of the air fare.  From HAL’s Flight Ease page

076A103A-3825-4BE6-8CD0-18892247745B.thumb.png.adfbacb8f965a59be06a45da0b2019e1.png

That's what I thought.

10 hours ago, KirkNC said:

They will follow airline pricing which in my experience don’t usually drop.  We have often found ridiculous deals on Flight Ease particularly on one way fares.  I remember one where we flew to Tokyo from NC for $300 one way.

You're right about the ridiculous deals! We were going to fly home from Amsterdam, Flight Ease,  first class seat/beds $1,000.00 each. Listed price through the other airlines for the same thing, $5,000,00 each. Big difference. We We never even got to Amsterdam; that cruise was canceled. 😪

We will book our air (generally Bus Class) far in advance using the online Flightease booking engine.  Then about once or twice a week I go back onto the Flightease booking engine and model different options looking for changing flight options and prices.  Sometimes we do stumble on significantly lower prices or better schedules and we make the change (no cost since we use the Flex Air options).  But you need to understand that nobody is doing this on your behalf so it is on you, the traveler, to constantly watch for better options for both air and the actual cruise.

Hank

• Like 2

I have very little hope that our cruise will take place, but it's a rainy day so I was playing around with flights for our cruise in January AU to NZ. Both searches were for Premium Economy. 

Flight Ease $7396

Cathay Pacific/Air New Zealand - $3782

The ORD to SYD flight was the same flight, the AKL to ORD was non-stop from Air New Zealand. Flight Ease return flight (also Air New Zealand) had a stop in LAX and was 5 hours longer. The non-stop flight wasn't offered through Flight Ease.

That seems like a crazy amount of difference.

@Sea42  this year is a bit quirky since leisure travel is restricted and the schedules are very skinny.  As an example usually from my airport in Texas to the very popular Florida cruise departure city there can be up to 15 flights a day on a single airline.  Earlier this year I could only see 5 or 6 and now that our state is a bit more open as is Florida the flight schedule is starting to fill out.   Since New Zealand is currently leisure restricted your schedules and prices are likely very quirky 

13 hours ago, Mary229 said:

@Sea42  this year is a bit quirky since leisure travel is restricted and the schedules are very skinny.  As an example usually from my airport in Texas to the very popular Florida cruise departure city there can be up to 15 flights a day on a single airline.  Earlier this year I could only see 5 or 6 and now that our state is a bit more open as is Florida the flight schedule is starting to fill out.   Since New Zealand is currently leisure restricted your schedules and prices are likely very quirky 

That makes sense. Any time I've looked into flights for that trip, prices have been all over the place! I really don't think it will happen for us in 2022 but maybe 2023.  Fingers crossed!