NSW - $100 accommodation vouchers

Help for the struggling Hotels. Occupancy rates in the CBD hotels remaining open struggling to break the 35% mark.

The NSW government has announced a new $51.5 million stimulus package for the entertainment, accommodation and tourism industries.

It will include a program where 200,000 vouchers worth $100 each will be made available for hotel stays in the Sydney CBD.

“It’s about getting people back in our hotels,” Tourism Minister Stuart Ayres said.

The vouchers will be allocated on a “first in, first served” basis, with the rollout set to begin in June. Source

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 6:25 PM, NSWP said:

So you get a $100 voucher, then get another $200 out of your sky rocket for a hotel night in steak and kidney. Winter rack rates.

Be lucky if it is only $200 out of yea olde pocket.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Where are you planning to stay mate? Fullerton or ye olde Intercontinental?

Nowhere, but normally stay at Holiday inn (Now Rydges) or The Grace, normally over $300

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Actually just had a look can get in either of those under $300 in July, wonder if that’ll change once the vouchers roll out?

I stay at De Vere Hotel at Potts Point for $100, so it wouldn't cost me anything if I was entitled to the $100 voucher!

On 3/25/2021 at 3:45 PM, By The Bay said:

Help for the struggling Hotels. Occupancy rates in the CBD hotels remaining open struggling to break the 35% mark.

The NSW government has announced a new $51.5 million stimulus package for the entertainment, accommodation and tourism industries.

It will include a program where 200,000 vouchers worth $100 each will be made available for hotel stays in the Sydney CBD.

“It’s about getting people back in our hotels,” Tourism Minister Stuart Ayres said.

The vouchers will be allocated on a “first in, first served” basis, with the rollout set to begin in June. Source

Is Queensland doing anything like that I wonder? Today I booked 3 nights at Gold Coast Mercure for a wedding next month.