Looking for speculation on boarding time for cruises out of Nassau

Good morning,

We are booked on the August 28 Adventure cruise out of Nassau thanks to our great travel agent who stayed up late to book us Tuesday night and then got early on Wednesday when Royal decided to not post the cruises until after 6:00 AM.

We've never taken a cruise with an evening departure time and are looking for speculation on boarding times.  I'm assuming Royal is building in extra time for sanitization between cruises, but pre-COVID, if you had a an evening departure time, how early could you board?

I tried to play sleuth and see how early I could book a  massage on boarding day since in past they was at least somewhat coordinated.  In this case, not so much.  I can book a massage at 8:00AM boarding day.  I'm pretty sure that won't be happening.

Tom

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

BTW, is he still posting here, I don't recall seeing anything from him in a long time? @CruiseLifeRick

No, he bailed a while ago. He jokingly asks me every once in a while “how is the great Cruise Critic these guys?”  Then I go on to explain to him how wonderful and cordial it is every day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

No, he bailed a while ago. He jokingly asks me every once in a while “how is the great Cruise Critic these guys?”  Then I go on to explain to him how wonderful and cordial it is every day. 

I wish he was doing a Live from a cruise right now.  I think it would cheer us all up.

We have sailed many times out of Puerto Rico on various RCI ships. They all had departure times around 8:00 or 8:30. We always got to the pier around 11:00AM. Boarding usually started between 11:00 and 11:30. We were always on the ship before noon. This, of course, was all before Covid. With the new Covid protocols, disembarkation is going to take longer and preparing the ship for new arrivals will take time also. My speculation would be that by early to mid afternoon, they should be ready to start accepting new passengers. The 3:30 time frame seems like a reasonable option.

• Thanks 1