Waitlist for sold out cabin category?

I have waitlisted on other  cruise lines successfully. It depends on how far out you are booking.   Many cruises sell out when first offered as it seems agencies tie up large blocs of rooms only to release them later.  

4 hours ago, cruisewiththekids said:

Is it possible to waitlist for a sold out category?     I want a Havana aft balcony on Horizon, but they are sold out on the cruise I'm looking at.    Anyone ever had success getting on a waitlist, or do I just need to continually check to see if one has opened up?    Thanks.

Never seen anywhere where you can get on a waitlist. You have to just keep looking. There’s one other way but you have to be lucky. Carnival at times will e-mail you with an up sail offer when higher category cabins become available. Sometimes it’s a good deal and other times not so good.

I call my Carnival planner and he put me on a wait list for a cruise that was sold out. I had to pay a deposit to get on the waitlist. Cruise was this May on the Horizon. I was told I would be called if a room became available and I had the right to refuse the room if it was not the type I wanted. Unfortunately, the cruise was cancelled. 

5 hours ago, cruisewiththekids said:

Is it possible to waitlist for a sold out category?     I want a Havana aft balcony on Horizon, but they are sold out on the cruise I'm looking at.    Anyone ever had success getting on a waitlist, or do I just need to continually check to see if one has opened up?    Thanks.

It is possible, but you still need to continually check. It is first come first served once it goes back into inventory, especially if on a weekend (for example), when Carnival might not notice. If you see what you want, put a courtesy hold on it until you can reach your PVP/TA or whoever.

Yes, you can be waitlisted. 

But I haven't tried for a particular type of cabin.

I have done this twice, once for a very popular cruise here in Australia. I was notified 4 days before departure a internal room was available, had 3 hours to pay for it.. 

The other one I was waitlisted, but they never got in contact with me. I got on it cause 4 or 5 days out they relisted cabins for sale, so I booked it straight away....

I would also keep checking PVP/TA As they might have a allocation of rooms. Good Luck..