Vaccine Passports

jetsfan58

Well if Jamaica all of a sudden requires proof of vaccine then I guess if you want to cruise to that country you will comply. Otherwise stay home.

I find all those arguments against a simple vaccine ridiculous. No one is saying a vaccine will be required to go about everyday life. If it is required to get on a ship or enter a country then that is certainly fair. Travel is not a right. The constitution says nothing about you having the inalienable right to cruise or fly on a plane or enter a country where you are not a citizen. 

if Carnival does not require vaccine then my family will certainly move to a cruise line that cares more for crew and passenger safety.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Well if Jamaica all of a sudden requires proof of vaccine then I guess if you want to cruise to that country you will comply. Otherwise stay home.

I find all those arguments against a simple vaccine ridiculous. No one is saying a vaccine will be required to go about everyday life. If it is required to get on a ship or enter a country then that is certainly fair. Travel is not a right. The constitution says nothing about you having the inalienable right to cruise or fly on a plane or enter a country where you are not a citizen. 

if Carnival does not require vaccine then my family will certainly move to a cruise line that cares more for crew and passenger safety.

This we can agree on 100%. Whatever countries decide, people should be willing to abide or find alternate means of vacationing. It's not a right. I am, if nothing else, a constitutionalist. I wish more people in the US were as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Great points. My only caveat is that those diseases have not recently contributed to over 500K US Citizens Deaths. We have to focus on the present/what is and not what was!     

Are you speaking of the current global pandemic? I thought so. I just wish others would get a clue.

7 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

Vaccinations required to attend public schools has been around for decades.  Perhaps your parents even gave your immunization records for your entry to school.  Also, there have been certain vaccines required for some international travel as well.  Our military has to be vaccinated against many things.  I just don't understand how this is suddenly a loss of freedoms. 

edit:  The sort of comments I'm reading in this thread just make me not want to cruise without a vaccine requirement.  The absolute entitlement of people thinking they deserve a vacation, know more than the scientists, and flat out refuse to acknowledge fact and reason is why cruise ships will be floating petri dishes without strict protocol.  Some ideas presented here as fact are just asinine.

Amen, Amen, Amen!!!!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I don't understand why anyone would be "freaked out" by the idea of having proof of vaccination. I'm proud to be vaccinated and I will show my proof to anyone who needs to see it for me to live my life without restrictions. What is the big deal about proving vaccination? Seriously.....where is the problem?

Because any new legislation starts with "here's the no-brainer activity everyone should do and we will all be better off!"

Then, in this case, we subject ourselves to be injected for the rest of our lives with countless boosters for any "threat". Otherwise be denied certain activities "BECAUSE POLIO!"

And then in the end, what is almost always the end result of new legislation to "protect us?" Enough for people to have concerns.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

I so agree with you.  I have 6 of us booked, but if vaccination is not required, let me know where you are going.  I do not want to cruise if it has anything other than a vaccination requirement.

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I can see cruise lines running specials*

*offer not valid for Ohio or Florida residents

Oh, I'm sure there will be more states (with governors from the same party) that will follow if it becomes a rallying cry of some sort. The "me too" is too strong.