CDC guidelines coming soon?

49 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

For as limited as attendance was, not many, if any

I'd be very surprised if they get EUA for a 3000 person study.  It's entirely possible they don't get EUA at all for a kid's vaccine since giving a vaccine to a demographic that has a very low susceptibility to covid (only 1.5% of those in the trial's placebo group got covid) is not part of what an EUA is for.

Vaccinated people that concerned about getting covid from kids they won't even have close contact with on a ship should just stay away from cruising for a while

As I have stated before, I have absolutely NO worries about getting covid since I am fully vaccinated.

An outbreak of just a few people can potentially cause the cruise to be shortened to be able return home with the sick passengers, cause a quarantine depending on how many are sick, or to miss ports with sick people on board.  

With the way teens congregate, the chance that if one comes down with covid, there will be more.  They may be at little risk for serious illness, but they will still be contagious and will impact the course of the cruise.

Just look at Jamaica for an example. They wouldn't allow anyone off Oasis with only 100 cases out of 6000 people of noro. The ports will be even stricter if there are even just a few cases of Covid on board.

I, for one, am not paying for a cruise to nowhere or a cruise that needs to return to port early.

As for the emergency authorization for the teen vaccine, at least according to the scientists I know, it will be a shoo in for authorization due to the goal of herd immunity.  You can't achieve herd immunity with almost adults running around unvaccinated.

As for the game, it is not just the game that has to be contact traced, but anywhere he went including restaurants, stores, hotels, the flight.  People he interacted with for several days prior will need to be contacted. Since he was hospitalized the day following the game, he could have potentially exposed people for several days.  People will be inconvenienced by being forced to quarantine for 14 days because a fan traveled and went to a game with active covid, perhaps not even knowing he was sick.  

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, crazy8mom said:

Love to cruise but if forced vaccination and masks are the only way forget it! I'll be done cruising!

It may be that way in the beginning but I am extremely hopeful that it is not like that for the long term.