CDC guidelines coming soon?

25 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Speaking of Jokers and Clowns, my entire Province is being put back into a strict 4 week lockdown as of midnight tonight........ugh

See ya in 28 days😉

Screenshot_20210402-153147_Google.thumb.jpg.0dfafecd72cd0d1c4112eadea37924ca.jpg

Hopefully not 28 weeks

Screenshot_20210402-153006_Google.thumb.jpg.3ea4ad40713fe0d6d277fafa9bf3799a.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Hospitalizations? You can go with January if you want... it won't matter. 

Networks? Another 'pick one'. 

The goal posts just keep moving. The objective of what to measure continues to change. 

Hospitalizations are not down from last summer or even four weeks ago.

27 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Hospitalizations are not down from last summer or even four weeks ago.

I wish people would quit throwing out assumptions and provide some links.

I know here in dallas we were way over the 15% of beds so occupancy was raised by last january but now has dropped. No idea about hospitalizations as we get percent of beds used which is down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

US hospitalizations are up 7% within the same two period even with 53% of the highest risk population being fully vaccinated. 25 states and PR saw an increase last week. That's concerning given the fairly aggressive vaccine progress. 

Of course there is always more than just the number, but these are the metrics that will be heavily scrutinized, especially in terms of variants. The overall incidence still has to be lowered significantly. 

The CDC from  the beginning said the goal is to have not  more than 15% of hospital beds filled with Covid patients, we have been way less than that for months. What difference does it make to worry about new cases. It matters how many are sick enough to be hospitalized, now with treatment and vaccine the numbers are dropping. Just because a person tests positive does not mean they will even have symptoms. States are opening up because they have met that criteria. When you have hundreds of people testing positive each day, BUT many thousands of people that day getting the vaccine, it can only go down.  Im high risk and fully vaccinated, i am not one bit nervous if I get it, then it is not an automatic death sentence. this is not March 2020. We know what it is, how to treat and we have a vaccine

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

The CDC from  the beginning said the goal is to have not  more than 15% of hospital beds filled with Covid patients, we have been way less than that for months. What difference does it make to worry about new cases. It matters how many are sick enough to be hospitalized, now with treatment and vaccine the numbers are dropping. Just because a person tests positive does not mean they will even have symptoms. States are opening up because they have met that criteria. When you have hundreds of people testing positive each day, BUT many thousands of people that day getting the vaccine, it can only go down.  Im high risk and fully vaccinated, i am not one bit nervous if I get it, then it is not an automatic death sentence. this is not March 2020. We know what it is, how to treat and we have a vaccine

They look for whatever number supports their control over us. When death counts were higher they talked about that. When daily cases were higher they used that. These people are a bunch of academics who have no business making real world decisions.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

In TX, there are roughly 67,000 acute care hospital beds in the state, less than 3,000 beds occupied by Covid patients. The bed count has been consistently dropping by 300 or so patients per week for the last 6 weeks or so. Our last week to week increase in bed usage was the first week of January.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0d8bdf9be927459d9cb11b9eaef6101f

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NightOne said:

They look for whatever number supports their control over us. When death counts were higher they talked about that. When daily cases were higher they used that. These people are a bunch of academics who have no business making real world decisions.

Amen brother!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wish people would quit throwing out assumptions and provide some links.

I know here in dallas we were way over the 15% of beds so occupancy was raised by last january but now has dropped. No idea about hospitalizations as we get percent of beds used which is down.

It's not an assumption and Dallas is not representative of the entire country. New admissions are increasing and there is always a lag behind the testing results. Now is not the time to drop our guard.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#new-hospital-admissions

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#hospitalizations

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pratique said:

It's not an assumption and Dallas is not representative of the entire country. New admissions are increasing and there is always a lag behind the testing results. Now is not the time to drop our guard.

Literally doesn't support a claim that there is a significant increase in hospitalizations 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pratique said:

We have 29 million people in Texas, both large cities and small towns, so a pretty good benchmark. When we opened up 100% and stopped mask mandate, we were told there would be a massive outbreak and it did not happen. More vaccine in means less cases getting Covid. I watch many states stats, and they all are trending in the same manner. I dont give a damn about the CDC and their trackers. Go to the states and believe their numbers. CDC has flip fopped so many times, anything they say is questionable now.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Literally doesn't support a claim that there is a significant increase in hospitalizations 

I'm not claiming that. I'm claiming that the number of hospitalizations is not "way down" unless you are looking at January and ignoring the rest.

5 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

We have 29 million people in Texas, both large cities and small towns, so a pretty good benchmark. When we opened up 100% and stopped mask mandate, we were told there would be a massive outbreak and it did not happen. More vaccine in means less cases getting Covid. I watch many states stats, and they all are trending in the same manner. I dont give a damn about the CDC and their trackers. Go to the states and believe their numbers. CDC has flip fopped so many times, anything they say is questionable now.

It's convenient for you to ignore the data that you don't like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I live in South Carolina and we are averaging about 500 new cases per day. The total hospitalizations have been running about 518 per day, and deaths are under 10 per day. These numbers are way down from 2 months ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I live in South Carolina and we are averaging about 500 new cases per day. The total hospitalizations have been running about 518 per day, and deaths are under 10 per day. These numbers are way down from 2 months ago.

Last fall SC was running around 700 hospitalizations a day. So a little better now not but not much.

it's time to just bend a knee to the CDC.   From here on out,  we will be advised to continue wearing masks until the common cold is eliminated.     I predict that there will never ever be a statement from the CDC that masks are no longer recommended in public.       

Oh brave new world, that has such people in it .   

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

We're in SC also and the numbers are definitely trending way down and that includes hospitalizations, today at 470, as well.  32% have had at least one vaccination so when those numbers go up, things should improve even more.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

We're in SC also and the numbers are definitely trending way down and that includes hospitalizations, today at 470, as well.  32% have had at least one vaccination so when those numbers go up, things should improve even more.

Yes that is the hope, that things will improve. But right now the trends are leveling off when they should be continuing to decline. Since the vaccines appear to be effective, that must mean unvaccinated people with covid fatigue are dropping their guard prematurely and slowing the rate at which the numbers are dropping.

24 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What data is being ignored?

There's plenty of data to support it.

Someone suggested that the CDC data is untrustworthy, so it is ignored

54 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

There has always been regional differences. Right now the south is doing better than the northeast. Up here things are getting worse and the states are warning us to not drop our guard just yet. That's all I'm saying, we're not out of the woods yet.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Last fall SC was running around 700 hospitalizations a day. So a little better now not but not much.

A little bit better? 700 down to 500 is a 30% drop. SC has a population of 5.1 MILLION

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

The CDC just tweeted the following -- cruises would be large groups, I imagine.

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 2.01.19 PM.png

Lmao well we have been doing all that for the last 10 months. Except International travel. No problems here. 

5 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Jokers to the left, Clowns to the right, here we are stuck in the middle with you.

Greatest Song Ever! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1