CDC guidelines coming soon?

Funny enough I just got a return to cruising survey from Royal Caribbean today. It asked a bunch of questions about what prompted me to book my December cruise and if I’ve been vaccinated or plan to get vaccinated, and what I would expect for Covid protocols onboard by the end of December when my cruise is. 

I said I do not want to have to wear a mask onboard especially if everyone is vaccinated. 

There was also a question that asked what covid protocols that I would expect to still be in place onboard by December and I chose the “I expect there to no longer be any COVID protocols by the time I sail” option. 

Again, if everyone is vaccinated then there is no reason to not resume standard cruising protocols. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Which to me would mean a negative test would be required AFTER a cruise as well??

only if your state or work requires it.  I had to quarantine last month for 7 days then took my covid test.  But this was for work.  Im fully vaccinated so I didn't really mind.  I just worked from home

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Yeah when you read the domestic part it sounds good  move on to the International part and then not so much

So how I am reading it, they trust the vaccines for domestic travel but not trusting for international travel due to variants in other countries.     Don't we have our own variants here in the US?    

For now, says testing is still required to enter the US from another country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Except that science is saying vaccinated people can't spread it, so.....

The report showing that was just released earlier this week.  Can we wait longer than 5 minutes for guidance to change.  Sheesh!

4 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Not holding my breath. In the past 2 weeks the 7 day average case count has increase over 18%. 

Gotta dig deeper. Deaths & hospitalizations are way way down. That increase is in the age category that some states just started vaxng up.  In fact, the death count is so low now that the Death Countdown clocks are gone and the news networks never mention deaths any longer. Even with the incoming southern border flow, since Texas 'opened up', covid cases are actually decreasing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Gotta dig deeper. Deaths & hospitalizations are way way down. That increase is in the age category that some states just started vaxng up.  In fact, the death count is so low now that the Death Countdown clocks are gone and the news networks never mention deaths any longer. 

US hospitalizations are up 7% within the same two period even with 53% of the highest risk population being fully vaccinated. 25 states and PR saw an increase last week. That's concerning given the fairly aggressive vaccine progress. 

Of course there is always more than just the number, but these are the metrics that will be heavily scrutinized, especially in terms of variants. The overall incidence still has to be lowered significantly. 

43 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

So no change. We are still waiting to hear something in writing from Royal to confirm that they will be doing tests on board so that we can fly home from Nassau on disembarkation day. 

Wait no more

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/who-will-pay-and-administer-the-test-as-proof-covid19-negative

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Deeper. Dig deeper. Throwing up generic numbers don't fly, at least w/ me. 

1.What age group is experiencing the increases?

2. Geographically speaking, where are the increases occurring?

3. How many deaths occurred in these two weeks?

The gloom & doom days of covid are gone. So "variants' seem to be the newest fear tatic. 

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Deeper. Dig deeper. Throwing up generic numbers don't fly, at least w/ me. 

1.What age group is experiencing the increases?

2. Geographically speaking, where are the increases occurring?

3. How many deaths occurred in these two weeks?

The gloom & doom days of covid are gone. So "variants' seem to be the newest fear tatic. 

When you say hospitalizations are "way down," way down compared to what? January? What you say the networks don't talk about deaths anymore, which networks? Seems like generic statements.

Ok, so the cdc says it’s now safe for people that are vaccinated to fly.  Great.   Who at the airport is confirming that travelers are vaccinated?  RCI is stating that only vaccinated people and crew can be on a ship when cruising resumes (and negative tested minors).  Who feels safer at this point on a ship vs a plane?   Just curious.

Erika

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Pratique said:

When you say hospitalizations are "way down," way down compared to what? January? What you say the networks don't talk about deaths anymore, which networks? Seems like generic statements.

Hospitalizations? You can go with January if you want... it won't matter. 

Networks? Another 'pick one'. 

The goal posts just keep moving. The objective of what to measure continues to change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Jokers to the left, Clowns to the right, here we are stuck in the middle with you.

• Like 1

Just now, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Jokers to the left, Clowns to the right, here we are stuck in the middle with you.

Speaking of Jokers and Clowns, my entire Province is being put back into a strict 4 week lockdown as of midnight tonight........ugh

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Actually only 12,000.

Only 12,000...  What boggles the mind is how the CDC is powerless when it comes to imposing restrictions on sporting events but completely powerful when it comes to cruising. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

No they did not mention cruises but it looks like they are easing restrictions for travel in general so I am hopeful that they will update cruising soon.

Because of the potential introduction and spread of new SARS-CoV-2 variants, differences in disease burden and vaccines, and vaccine coverage around the world, CDC is providing the following guidance related to international travel:

• Fully vaccinated people can travel internationally without getting a COVID-19 test before travel unless it is required by the international destination.
  • Fully vaccinated people do not need to self-quarantine after returning to the United States, unless required by a state or local jurisdiction.
  • Fully vaccinated people must still have a negative COVID-19 test result before they board a flight to the United States and get a COVID-19 test 3 to 5 days after returning from international travel.
  • Fully vaccinated people should continue to take COVID-19 precautions while traveling internationally.

Flew to the Dominican Republic on March 5 and returned on March 29.   Exact same rules as stated above. Just because the cdc tells us these are new rules,  doesn’t mean they are,  Remember, they are politicians that stretch the truth

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Reading through that:

Royal Caribbean will administer an antigen test onboard the ship, and cover the related cost, should it be required for re-entry into the United States. The test will be administered just before the end of the cruise, and guests will be provided a copy of their test result. Current U.S. requirements stipulate that returning international travelers must get tested no more than 3 days before re-entering the United States. Therefore, cruise guests should plan to fly home within 24 hours of departing the ship, for the test result to be within the valid window. Otherwise, guests re-entering the U.S. at a later date will need to secure their own test, at their expense, closer to their re-entry date.

People will need to know that if they decide to do a post-cruise hotel for a day or two, they may need to get another test done before they can fly home. 

• Like 2