Florida Governor bans vaccine passports

11 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I can't help you. I never called you a liar... but I did tell you your facts were wrong, and they still are. Your facts are wrong. I have flown to many countries. I have entered Russia, Singapore, most of all of the Baltic countries, too many to name of the countries in the Caribbean, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Italy, Greece, Jamaica, France, Malaysia, Belize,Japan, & the Philipines. I've probably missed a few others. Not a single one... in fact NONE of the countries required me to show any identifications and/or proof of vaccinations. 

Table 3-25. Countries that require proof of yellow fever vaccination for all arriving travelers1

Angola Burundi Cameroon Central African Republic Congo, Republic of the Côte d'Ivoire Democratic Republic of Congo French Guiana Gabon Ghana Guinea-Bissau Liberia Mali Niger Sierra Leone Togo Ugandimage.png.f23badd118892578763afb8fe56c0de6.png

Edited by morechances
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 4:24 PM, Bluewake said:

I agree with those who would be comfortable being on a cruise only when there is a vaccination requirement. 

This is a global pandemic that has to be fought in a comprehensive and uniform manner.  I know it's legally complicated but I don't see the sense in allowing each state (and even county or municipality) to adopt their own regulations.  Borders mean nothing to Covid-19.  Furthermore, while individual rights and freedoms are worthy of respect, the fact is that our decisions affect others.  While Person A seeks the "right" to decide for themselves whether they are worried about contracting the virus and to act accordingly, Person A's refusal to get vaccinated, wear a mask, socially distance, or engage in any other precautions presents a potential danger to person B.   Of course, Person A is likely to say to Person B, "if you are so afraid, stay home and don't cruise".   However, wouldn't Person B equally be justified to retort "if you are afraid of the vaccine or just don't want to take other precautions, stay home and don't cruise"?

I certainly don't pretend to have the answers to how to manage the pandemic or what should be done about cruising.  It's way above my pay grade.  I am all for getting our businesses open and am as eager to get back on a ship as anyone.   However, I just don't see how we'll ever get past this thing until we find a way to fight this disease in unison rather than focusing on our individual "rights" and preferences. And that means doing everything in our arsenal...masks, distancing, vaccines, etc.  What is the point in "opening" up in a reckless manner that is destined to require a subsequent shut down?

I like your post. It's thoughtful. This is a new social world we all are learning to deal with. I think that we can really only answer for ourselves & to ourselves. Using cruise ships as an example, even after the vaccine is here and abundant in many cases, the question is still.."Am I scared to contract the virus from others?" Regardless if I've been vaxed up or if others have been vaccinated, it's still, "Am I afraid?". Once each of us come to tdrms with this answer, we're all the better for it. Me personally, I'm no longer afraid of contracting the virus. I feel a sense of relief w/ the Pfizer vaccine and the early results of the feild data. Going on a cruise with others that are NOT vaccinated does not scare me either. My fear is that of financial losses. I do not wish to exerience any disruptions of my cruise because others may contract the virus. Therefore, in this situation, I won't go unless the ship is 100% vasccinated.  Now using another example such as a restaurant for dinner... I could not care less if the table behind me is full of anti-vaxers.  I'm vaxed up so I'm good. And my financial expense is much much lower than the price of a cruise to the ABC Islands. So I do think that each of us are going to learn to navigate through the changes of covid vaccinations. 

With that... peace out & Happy Easter. 

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I agree. But the government has no right to mandate a vaccine passport. Which is what this thread is about. 

The way I see it, the cards we received from the CDC at the time of vaccination don't seem to be absolute proof of vaccination. There is so much talk of duplication and forgery that any Tom, Dick or Harry can reproduce one of those cards and handwrite information on them to pass as their vaccine card.

I don't care what it is called but we need some sort of valid proof of vaccination that cannot be forged. It does not have to be named a "passport". That word seems to be giving lots of folks a fit. Call it "Proof of Covid Vaccination" which is really all we need. Maybe do it in a form of an app or some sort of online verification that can not be forged.

We do need some sort of proof of vaccination if we want to travel internationally and we need some sort of proof of vaccination to board a cruise ship. Something needs to be done so those folks who have taken that small risk to be vaccinated will have PROOF OF VACCINATION. Call it what you like but I want the ability to prove I have had a Covid vaccine and am fully vaccinated at this point in time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Now using another example such as a restaurant for dinner... I could not care less if the table behind me is full of anti-vaxers.  I'm vaxed up so I'm good.

Wait, what about your wife who you said isn’t getting vaccinated? I mean, I dislike my husband as much as anyone, but I prefer he live through brunch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

The way I see it, the cards we received from the CDC at the time of vaccination don't seem to be absolute proof of vaccination. There is so much talk of duplication and forgery that any Tom, Dick or Harry can reproduce one of those cards and handwrite information on them to pass as their vaccine card.

I don't care what it is called but we need some sort of valid proof of vaccination that cannot be forged. It does not have to be named a "passport". That word seems to be giving lots of folks a fit. Call it "Proof of Covid Vaccination" which is really all we need. Maybe do it in a form of an app or some sort of online verification that can not be forged.

We do need some sort of proof of vaccination if we want to travel internationally and we need some sort of proof of vaccination to board a cruise ship. Something needs to be done so those folks who have taken that small risk to be vaccinated will have PROOF OF VACCINATION. Call it what you like but I want the ability to prove I have had a Covid vaccine and am fully vaccinated at this point in time.

I see it differently. It was what was given to me and therefore should be good enough for anyone that requires proof. As far as duplication, it is what it is. No matter what one does, you're not going to stop lying and deceiving. It's happen forever and a day and will always continue to be there. Every state has different driver's license and they seem to be accepted all over. So go with it. 

3 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Wait, what about your wife who you said isn’t getting vaccinated? I mean, I dislike my husband as much as anyone, but I prefer he live through brunch. 

Hey... I so agree w/ you. But she is her own person. I can't make her get a vaccine. If she gets sick with the virus it'll be something that we'll have to deal with. But I know that she can't pass the virus to me! It is what it is... 

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So... are you saying that going to a Home Depot, Burger King, or your local barber is not safe unless they require a vaccine? 

No. I've been going to all the retail stores and restaurants locally and have been safe so far. I've been wearing a mask all the time however so there is that. The businesses I frequent have their employees always masked all the time and they wear their masks properly. These establishments have been safe because of adhering to CDC guidelines of masking and social distancing.

Going forward, it would be really nice if we could enter an establishment and not have to mask. I will do that if I can enter an establishment that only serves vaccinated people. The governor should allow local private businesses the ability to choose who they wish to serve and how they wish to run their business.

Ships log.....

A sense of relief has come to the passengers and crew.

After the 23rd recount, the governor has conceded the election.

So, the ship that made history by being at sea for 879 days without a place to dock, will finally be allowed to come home once the 122 Floridians on board receive their vaccine passports.

The rest of the 2500 passengers and crew have promised not to make the Floridians walk the plank to disembark. But may boo and hiss a bit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I can't help you. I never called you a liar... but I did tell you your facts were wrong, and they still are. Your facts are wrong. I have flown to many countries. I have entered Russia, Singapore, most of all of the Baltic countries, too many to name of the countries in the Caribbean, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Italy, Greece, Jamaica, France, Malaysia, Belize,Japan, & the Philipines. I've probably missed a few others. Not a single one... in fact NONE of the countries required me to show any identifications and/or proof of vaccinations. 

Click on this link........

List of countries with their vaccine requirements

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Hey... I so agree w/ you. But she is her own person. I can't make her get a vaccine. If she gets sick with the virus it'll be something that we'll have to deal with. But I know that she can't pass the virus to me! It is what it is... 

Here in lies the myth “she can’t pass the virus to me”

People who make these statements aren’t medical experts and there is a lot we don’t know about the virus and it’s variants

This is why getting vaxed and having proof is so important towards taking the right steps to get back to normal

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, coffeebean said:

The governor should allow local private businesses the ability to choose who they wish to serve and how they wish to run their business.

(As long as they are not engaged in unlawful discrimination of course -- e.g. "whites only.")  In addition to what you said, what gives the governor the authority to tell private businesses that they can't require customers to show proof of vaccination?   Whatever happened to "no shirts, no shoes, no service"?   

3 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Here in lies the myth “she can’t pass the virus to me”

People who make these statements aren’t medical experts and there is a lot we don’t know about the virus and it’s variants

This is why getting vaxed and having proof is so important towards taking the right steps to get back to normal

Before you attempt to belittle someone about something that you know nothing about, it'd be wise to do your homework. You come across as foolish. The tests and data now show that it is highly doubtful, that she can pass the virus to me. So doubtful that I can honestly say that she can't. And 'having proof of getting the vax isn't going to change this fact. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/new-study-shows-pfizers-vaccine-can-prevent-covid-19-transmission/ar-BB1ev1wl

19 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Eh, have you been on the NCL board lately? It’s actively live free or die these days. I’ve been shouted down repeatedly for reminding people that freestyle cruising is a marketing slogan for offering multiple up charge restaurants you can wear shorts in, not an endorsement of don’t tread on me Q conspiracy theories. 

I've never sailed on NCL so have never been on their board.  I think you would agree the vast majority of =X= posters (and Oceania posters) favor a vax requirement for passengers, and do not consider it an assault on freedom.  

18 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

My DW has decided at this time not to have the vaccine administered. I respect her choice and her decision.  

My DW had made the exact same choice, until it became clear she could not cruise w/o it.  She got the Moderna shot with me, and gets dose two in three weeks.  Happily no issues beyond arm soreness.