NCL Counters CDC new phase with it's own plan. Really bold move.

oteixeira

35 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Absolutely Agree- We do not know the long term effects of the virus OR the vaccine.

I disagree with pushing the vaccine because “the long term effects of covid include death” - that is fear mongering. It may prove to be true, but I currently like my odds against the virus.

Since I'm personally not afraid of the virus, at this point the biggest reason (for me) to get the vaccine appears to be to protect the vulnerable and help us reach herd immunity. Both valid reasons.

...AND to return to a more normal existence (I don't want to wear masks forever).  If the vaccine buys us that, it has a huge advantage over the virus in that aspect.

• Like 4

On 4/24/2021 at 6:01 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Fear mongering doesn’t work on me. If I do decide to get a vaccine (I’m still not eligible), it won’t be because I’m afraid of catching covid. It will be because I am convinced that the risk of a vaccine injury is less than the benefit of helping society reach heard immunity. In my case, helping my community is the only rational reason I can see to take the jab

Fear mongering is exactly what you're doing.

• Like 2

I'm happy to say I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccination on Saturday. According to what I've read, I should have something like 95% protection against Covid-19 in about two weeks. No reaction to the injection apart from a little soreness at the site on Sunday, but fine today.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:16 PM, DCGuy64 said:

So face coverings not required when:

1. In your own cabin

2. Eating and drinking

3. Outdoors

I don't know about you, but that accounts for about 99% of my time on board, so no masks it is! LOL

You had me at "drinking" 🙂  Hurry up January 2022!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Fear mongering is exactly what you're doing.

That’s an interesting interpretation of what I wrote.

Not sure how I can fear monger when it is me who not afraid.  Not only did I provide the stats for why it is irrational for me to be afraid of “death” from covid, I also acknowledged that just because vaccines are still under trial doesn’t mean they aren’t safe. We simply don’t know the long term effects of covid OR the vaccine.

“Of course, this doesn’t mean the vaccines aren’t safe, but anyone taking the vaccine signed off stating that they understand the vaccines are still under trial and have been granted emergency use only.”

I’m not “afraid”’ of either covid or the vaccine and actually stated that if I do get the vaccine it will be to help the community (not to protect me). Best i can tell, That is the opposite of fear mongering. 

Fear mongering involves evoking irrational fear. If anything, perhaps I feel unrealistically safe? But afraid of covid or the vaccine? Not I. As mentioned, I’m comfortable with my odds for both.  Life involves risk. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

But, I agree that businesses, as opposed to the states, can require a vaccine.

The argument is that DeSantis is barring businesses in Florida from requiring vaccines, for employees or customers.  Many think that he can enforce that on the cruise lines for cruises sailing out of Florida, which he can't.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hallux said:

The argument is that DeSantis is barring businesses in Florida from requiring vaccines, for employees or customers.  Many think that he can enforce that on the cruise lines for cruises sailing out of Florida, which he can't.

I don't think he can enforce that on Florida businesses either.  As long as vaccinated/unvaccinated are not protected classes, then any business can set any requirement they want.

Here's where the "pro-business, less government" side of his base meets the "individual freedom" side.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 5

On 4/5/2021 at 9:53 AM, knitlady037 said:

I have a cruise booked with my 18 year old granddaughter as one of the passengers. She is highly allergic to the vaccine. I wonder how that will be handled?

She ain't goin. 

• Like 1