Enchanted Princess starts with 7-night cruises out of Piraeus, Athens this summer!

Are US passengers currently able to fly to the EU ...?   
Currently we are unable to fly to the US.  
After May 17th we can travel to certain countries but not the US.  

Australia and NZ will be on the green list but not accepting tourists.  
It’s all very complicated.  🤷‍♀️   

9 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

Are US passengers currently able to fly to the EU ...?   

I believe you answered your question here:

9 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

It’s all very complicated.  🤷‍♀️   

Current consensus seems to be "this summer," but that is intentionally vague.

But within the EU, the following have allowed Americans who've either shown proof of vaccination or a negative test into their countries:

- Croatia

- Estonia

- Greece

And again, since it's confusing, someone can correct me here if I'm wrong.

17 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

I believe you answered your question here:

Current consensus seems to be "this summer," but that is intentionally vague.

But within the EU, the following have allowed Americans who've either shown proof of vaccination or a negative test into their countries:

- Croatia

- Estonia

- Greece

And again, since it's confusing, someone can correct me here if I'm wrong.

what about on your return.. will you have to quarantine?   

Regarding Enchanted Princess, I have had numerous conversations with Princess agents on the phone. Obviously, the first-line agents know nothing ... zero. The second-line agents ... supervisors ... also know nothing ... zero. I did speak for almost 2 hours with a senior customer service representative ... who actually called me. We went through the Port of Piraeus website together ... she seemed surprised at the berth reservation data. She promised to find out the "truth" and call me back .... 2 weeks have passed ... no call back. I have given up ... cancelled Sept 18 Civitavecchia sailing, canceled EZAIR Delta/Alitalia air, canceled hotels and canceled local transfers. After 39 years of sailing on 63 voyages ... 26 on Princess ... I am very discouraged with Santa Clarita. At least Jan, you could give us the facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PS I moved the Enchanted Princess booking one year out to the Sept 17, 2022 Brooklyn sailing ... at least Jan will have a year to figure all of this out. Also, no commitment to air/hotels until much closer to sailing than for Rome or Athens.

13 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Those show dates that Carnival Corp (Princess) has reserved berthing space at Port of Piraeus for Enchanted Princess.  Until Princess announce actual itineraries, and the cancellation of Rome departures,  it IS a backup plan.  If they do not need the berthing space at Piraeus, they will cancel it with the Port.  Port schedules can and do change frequently as cruise lines adjust their plans.  Things are still very much in flux in Italy and Princess are obviously holding out as long as possible to try and honor the current schedule they have published and are selling from Rome.

Respectfully disagree... the schedules designate the specific ship.

3 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

Regarding Enchanted Princess, I have had numerous conversations with Princess agents on the phone. Obviously, the first-line agents know nothing ... zero. The second-line agents ... supervisors ... also know nothing ... zero. I did speak for almost 2 hours with a senior customer service representative ... who actually called me. We went through the Port of Piraeus website together ... she seemed surprised at the berth reservation data. She promised to find out the "truth" and call me back .... 2 weeks have passed ... no call back. I have given up ... cancelled Sept 18 Civitavecchia sailing, canceled EZAIR Delta/Alitalia air, canceled hotels and canceled local transfers. After 39 years of sailing on 63 voyages ... 26 on Princess ... I am very discouraged with Santa Clarita. At least Jan, you could give us the facts.

THANK YOU to NavArch64 for going to bat for all of us! You were able to have a serious conversation with a Princess employee. Sadly, she has not followed up. By some miracle, maybe Jan has a clue that we are very disappointed. Our final payment is June 13th. At this point, we will be cancelling. We were sailing the week after you.

• Like 2

Final balance due today for our 14 night cruise out of Civitavecchia (Rome) on 10 July.

I always intended to pay it and now it's done! I am therefore now able to print off my luggage tags but decided not to bother just yet!😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Final balance due today for our 14 night cruise out of Civitavecchia (Rome) on 10 July.

I always intended to pay it and now it's done! I am therefore now able to print off my luggage tags but decided not to bother just yet!😂

Please keep us posted as to how your itinerary changes, if it does. Unfortunately, you will be sort of a "guinea pig".

• Haha 1

As I am who started the thread I want to tell you that you will not get an answer from any agent. The only thing you will do is that they will force Piraeus port not to upload a schedule in the future.Like it happened with Iceland port authorities some years ago.You have to wait for an official confirmation of changes and cancellations.The listings in the Piraeus schedule as in any other port schedule could be anything. Clearly they are an indication that Enchanted Princess will move to Athens in summer. That's their current plan, but it can change any time. It could be very well be a back up plan or old listings. It is very easy for them to call and cancel the berth reservations.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

On 4/7/2021 at 7:07 PM, stevenr597 said:

Great news.  We will be travelling on the ship's first Trans-Atlantic this November.   

I hope you all take lots of pix to post on the websites that show cabin pix!!

19 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

As I am who started the thread I want to tell you that you will not get an answer from any agent. The only thing you will do is that they will force Piraeus port not to upload a schedule in the future.Like it happened with Iceland port authorities some years ago.You have to wait for an official confirmation of changes and cancellations.The listings in the Piraeus schedule as in any other port schedule could be anything. Clearly they are an indication that Enchanted Princess will move to Athens in summer. That's their current plan, but it can change any time. It could be very well be a back up plan or old listings. It is very easy for them to call and cancel the berth reservations.

2 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Today Enchanted Princess' listings were removed from the official calendar of the port of Piraeus for 2021.

...?

On 4/7/2021 at 9:31 AM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Today it was Enchanted Princess's turn to be registered in the official schedule of Piraeus, Athens port.

7-night cruises from the 4th of July until the 14th of November 2021.

On 4/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

https://www.olp.gr/en/services/cruise-terminal

Bottom left side on the page.

Error. 

33 minutes ago, FineAsFrogsHair said:

Thanks SummmerInKefalonia.  I reviewed the spreadsheet also and note that no Princess ship is on the schedule. for Piraeus in 2021.  Still holding out hope for the Rome Port.  We're booked on a B2B 3 & 10 July.

I am thinking that's a reaction to all those calling to see if their cruises are cancelled. I believe it was wrong to go to that extend and call represantatives and agents to get information, so basically now Princess company will try to hide things like this in the future. People needed to be patient. Because there were some listings it wasn't confirmed 100% it will be like this. They were considering changes. From now on we will have no clue as to what Princess plans are....

Just checked the Princess website here in the UK and my 10th July Enchanted sailing is now unavailable. It was OK when I looked at lunchtime though.

Funnily enough I emailed Princess this afternoon for my shareholders OBC as I paid the final balance yesterday. The auto reply stated customer services were very busy! 😂

2 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

I am thinking that's a reaction to all those calling to see if their cruises are cancelled. I believe it was wrong to go to that extend and call represantatives and agents to get information, so basically now Princess company will try to hide things like this in the future. People needed to be patient. Because there were some listings it wasn't confirmed 100% it will be like this. They were considering changes. From now on we will have no clue as to what Princess plans are....

I respectfully disagree. We can conjecture all we want, however, I believe that this is an attempt on Princess's behalf to be accountable. These boards are monitored and phone calls to Princess have possibly alerted the company that their paying CUSTOMERS are upset with the discrepancies between what they purchased/ expected versus whatever contradictions we could find.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Just checked the Princess website here in the UK and my 10th July Enchanted sailing is now unavailable. It was OK when I looked at lunchtime though.

Funnily enough I emailed Princess this afternoon for my shareholders OBC as I paid the final balance yesterday. The auto reply stated customer services were very busy! 😂

I could see it this morning, and I also emailed my shareholders OBC stuff this morning.  No return email from the US email address.

2 minutes ago, nini said:

I respectfully disagree. We can conjecture all we want, however, I believe that this is an attempt on Princess's behalf to be accountable. These boards are monitored and phone calls to Princess have possibly alerted the company that their paying CUSTOMERS are upset with the discrepancies between what they purchased/ expected versus whatever contradictions we could find.

Ok, i understand your point. But from now on there is a strong probability that in the future there will be last minute changes and the customers will be in the dark. It good to have an inside view of what their plans are. In other similar threads like this, no people wrote that they called the company because of port listings that indicate changes. It just helps them to their planning and they await for official confirmation.