Officers and crew on NCL ships 2021; "Where are They Now"

casofilia

On 10/8/2021 at 5:56 AM, hallux said:

So happy to see Silas is back on the seas!  He was the CD on my first NCL cruise on the Bliss and I thought he was good.

I have others I'm curious if they have made it back to ships but they don't rise to the level of even CD, they're part of the entertainment staff...

A couple of thoughts:

There are a lot of good cruise directors, though they are very different in several ways. To me, Silas is the smoothest of them all, handling every task as if he's done it a million times. Never a stumble or gaffe. Though not the most entertaining or charming of the CDs, he's one of the best thanks to his unshakable professionalism.

I don't want to read more into the phrase "level of even CD", but it's worth knowing that the cruise director is one of the most senior hotel officers onboard. Though not uniformed, the position carries 3 1/2 stripes, equal to the F&B Director and Assistant General Manager. The only personnel onboard with higher rank are the Captain, Staff Captain, Chief Engineer and General Manager.

21 minutes ago, lkjacobs said:

I don't want to read more into the phrase "level of even CD"

My point is that I'm hopeful some of the entertainment staff I met on my cruises in 2019 have made it back to sea.  They're not CD level, though I think some of them could make it there if they chose that path and kept up what they were doing

• Like 1

10 hours ago, detwings said:

Does anyone know where or if Bowen Pereira , Haven Concierge on Breakway, is?

what about Patrick Berido, use to be Haven Concierge NCL Escape, does anyone know where he is?

Bowen is on the Escape right now until the first part of February.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, casofilia said:

You’re lucky we can't even be sure we are going to be able to leave New Zealand by May next year to cruise from Amsterdam to Bucharest and then in the Baltic and to Iceland!!

Casofilia, you’ll see how things go as the months pass but NZ is not a bad place to be ‘stuck’. Lots to do and enjoy all over the country. Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...

I’m on the Escape now. Here are the senior hotel officers:

General Manager: Rohinton “Ron” Mottahed

Asst GM: Nomita Rambhunjan

F&B Director: Kivanc Ucar

Cruise Director: Jacky Tang

Executive Housekeeper: Rodrigo Rodriguez

Executive Chef: Ganesh Panjami

Guest Services Manager: KitKat Reyes

Restaurant Manager: Jay Hizon

Beverage Manager: Laszlo Pinter

CruiseNext Manager: Martin Visser

On 11/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, justhappy said:

I hope Nomita Rambhunjan is still on Escape in January, she is so nice, and I’d love to say hello to her!

Maybe, maybe not. I just asked her; she’s leaving on January 18. And yes, she’s very nice. 

On 10/10/2021 at 11:02 PM, cruiservictor said:

It’s actually Hanno Meyer. We had him on the Bliss in February of last year, just before everything shut down. He is very good, and very tall. 

We don't travel in a Suite or the Haven very often, so I don't really have much experience to compare concierges, but I'd have a hard time imagining anyone doing a better job than Hanno.  He was absolutely terrific the time we sailed with him on the Star.

• Like 1

RE Armando

While it probably wasn't really his fault but the fault of the Captain and, more so, Head Office in Miami.  I and, probably, a large number of people on the Spirit last year found him abominable.

That also applied to Alvin (CD)

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

RE Armando

While it probably wasn't really his fault but the fault of the Captain and, more so, Head Office in Miami.  I and, probably, a large number of people on the Spirit last year found him abominable.

That also applied to Alvin (CD)

Hi Mike,

I was waiting for you to chime in.  I know how you feel about Armando.  Based on your experience, I would probably feel the same way.

We were very lucky.  The 3 times I sailed with him, our cruises were great.  We have never had a bad cruise, but some were better than others.  

I hope everything is okay on the current Jade sailing.  Anxious to hear.  We were supposed to be on that cruise.

Take care,

Lauri

In July 2019, family sailed on the Getaway out of Copenhagen.  We were able to stay in the Haven for that cruise.  There was a Haven bartender that was just learning his craft during that cruise by the name of Tyler.  Anyone know of his current assignment?  

Hi All,

I am the one who created this thread & we've had one every year......for a long time.

Different folks have started the thread, but the purpose has always been the same.

The purpose of the thread is to find out where our favorite NCL folks are these days.

Also, it's nice to find out which crew members will be on our upcoming cruises.

It's always been a fun, upbeat place.

Yes, we do talk about the folks, but always in a kind, caring way.  

Personally, I don't want to find the very, very few crew members who weren't on the same wavelength with us.

I notice that some posts have started to discuss crew members in a negative way.  This was not the plan & I hope you'll understand that maybe a new thread is needed if this is the desired discussion.

Thanks so much and I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Judy

• Like 3

I am hoping to hear who will be on the Dawn come April. I know it is a ways away. I am hoping that Alain HD is still on her. He is fabulous!! Also would hope to find out who the concierge will be. I know Patrick is on now but he will not be there in April. 😞

• Like 3