Recent email urging us to contact the "CLIA action center"

OnTheJourney

7 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

I happily sent it.  I can’t wait to cruise. Went to Disney World, no problem.  Flew on airplane, no problem.  Drove to Key West, no problem.  Get it?  Can do any other travel.  Why not cruise?  Had both shots two months ago.  Time to cruise.

i “get it,” we all do, we all don’t, however, all agree. It is terrific that you traveled and didn’t get sick - yeah you - but your experience is merely anecdotal, not data based.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 3:24 PM, grandgeezer said:

This e-mail plea just reeks with desperation

That's because a sense of desperation (at least financial) probably set in a half-year ago already. It all comes down to $$$, as is the case with most things. 

13 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

why???

I think it puts them in a rather weak position to try to enlist passengers in some sort of move for solidarity with regards to restarting cruising. It's like a young kid enlisting the help of his big brother to try and settle a school playground bullying problem instead of managing things on his own. I don't think it'll impress any powers-that-be for a cruise line to use passengers, who are obviously the most pro-cruise (and thus biased) people around to try and sway the decision as to when to restart. I may be wrong. I was once...it was back in the fall of '63. 😉

Edited by OnTheJourney

35 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I think it puts them in a rather weak position to try to enlist passengers in some sort of move for solidarity with regards to restarting cruising. It's like a young kid enlisting the help of his big brother to try and settle a school playground bullying problem instead of managing things on his own. I don't think it'll impress any powers-that-be for a cruise line to use passengers, who are obviously the most pro-cruise (and thus biased) people around to try and sway the decision as to when to restart. I may be wrong. I was once...it was back in the fall of '63. 😉

So when they ask you to vote for Celebrity in the various travel magazine annual polls, do you?

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Well, we each have our inconsistencies then.  I consider that the epitome of pandering.

Not only that, I don't vote because I haven't been on every line.  I have no idea which one is the best.  

• Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 4:14 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

This is such a bad move. We look to Celebrity to take the lead on this, not the other way round. Desperate and wrong to get their guests (who they have no idea of the knowledge they might have) to do this. I have to say I'm a bit shocked they've done it. 

Phil 

As you say.....this is desperation...... I doubt this approach to 'clients' has ever been done before.  It's always been a message of positivity.   I sympathize, but not so much to put my health in jeopardy.  Apparently only 25% of Americans are fully vaccinated and 10% of Canadians;  no idea re EU numbers.  This doesn't bode well for 100% inoculated passengers, and if so, a very low number on board with whom I would find it safe to sail.  There are some resisting receiving the vaccine but want to sail;  some do not want to show evidence (a 'passport' which indicated they ARE vaccinated).  Then the ports....they are not fully vaccinated and some have stringent entry requirements.  How can this all become safe to cruise (or travel anywhere) in just a few months?  We need the health authorities to take all of this into consideration and maybe protect us from ourselves.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

As you say.....this is desperation...... I doubt this approach to 'clients' has ever been done before.  It's always been a message of positivity.   I sympathize, but not so much to put my health in jeopardy.  Apparently only 26% of Americans are fully vaccinated and 25% of Canadians have rec'd one dose;  no idea re EU/UK numbers.  This doesn't bode well for 100% inoculated passengers, and if so, a very low number on board with whom I would find it safe to sail.  There are some resisting receiving the vaccine but want to sail;  some do not want to show evidence (a 'passport' which indicated they ARE vaccinated).  Then the ports....they are not fully vaccinated and some have stringent entry requirements.  How can this all become safe to cruise (or travel anywhere) in just a few months?  We need the health authorities to take all of this into consideration and maybe protect us from ourselves.

I stand corrected....thanks to another poster, this link has the 'correct' vaccinated %'s...apparently as of today.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

Edited by Oceangoer2