Cruise is "Waitlisted

tipsygirl

Within our family we have one booking on Splendor and one on Mariner in December out of Miami.  What we’ve seen is that Splendor has been waitlisted for at least a couple weeks.  Mariner was getting to only a couple categories available, and now is waitlisted as well.  I’m viewing it as genuinely full/waitlisted, and not the ‘waitlisted in preparation for cancelling” - but who knows these days?  

4 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

Within our family we have one booking on Splendor and one on Mariner in December out of Miami.  What we’ve seen is that Splendor has been waitlisted for at least a couple weeks.  Mariner was getting to only a couple categories available, and now is waitlisted as well.  I’m viewing it as genuinely full/waitlisted, and not the ‘waitlisted in preparation for cancelling” - but who knows these days?  

We are on a Mariner cruise in December and have noticed the same thing.  Only one category of cabin was available yesterday.  Our cruise, in particular, is being marketed in a number of ways.  Our TA is using it as a "President's cruise" and I have seen advertizing as a specific lecture cruise although I can't recall what type of specialty lecture it was.  I'm really hoping that the cruise isn't going to be cancelled.  Looking forward to cruising is what has kept me sane many days lately.

48 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

We are booked on Mariner and it is the cruise and not individual suite categories that is waitlisted. I hope to have information before the August final payment and in time to book something else.

56 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Which ship....Splendor?

Hi Pcardad

We are booked on Explorer November 2, 2021, Tokyo to Hong Kong. Till yesterday, lots of categories were wait-listed, yesterday, ALL categories became "Wait List". Do you think it implies cancellation? or favoring actual sell-out (considering possible reduced booking)

Cruises from Florida are caught in the Catch-22 of the CDC demanding stringent requirements (NCL has offered mandating vaccinations) and a governor who has issued an order that the cruise lines can't require vaccinations.  Sure to be brought to a court.  While de Santos may think that by not allowing businesses to require vaccinations may open up Florida (and how is that going???), it appears at this point to ensure that there will be no cruises departing from Florida since they must meet CDC (and, IMHO, sensible) requirements.

Plan on a lot of cruises starting from Texas, New Orleans, South Carolina, Bermuda, etc.  But not Miami or Fort Lauderdale. 

• Like 2

I do not think Regent will sail with reduced capacity. I think they will wait until AFTER NCL sails and then sail at 100%.

I assume NCL sails in July with 60%, August with 80% and September with 100% - as Per Mr. Del Rio's comments. I also assume Regent will start with 1 ship and add a ship every 4-6 weeks - also as per Mr. Del Rio.

I also take into account the fact that Japan doesn't even want tourists in for the Olympics and I think Regent is re-planning fall cruises to match countries receptive to cruising. 

I DO think Regent will sail this year but I think it will be AFTER NCL runs at 100%. I think Mr. Del Rio has decided on a course of action and has begun moving along this path but it may be some weeks before he releases details. I do NOT expect any NCL owned ship to sail from the USA in the first wave of cruise resumption.

Mostly guesswork and opinion apart from Mr. Del Rio's comments.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’re on the January 24, 2022, Splendor round trip Miami, and about half the top categories are waitlisted, and the rest are available. Please, please, please let us go!

We’re also on a September 2021 New York to Montreal. You might think this would be waitlisted, but so far mostly available. Just awaiting further developments, I guess. 

12 minutes ago, DatawCruiser said:

Correct.  All of us on the Feb 3rd Splendor cruise have watched this slowly fill up.  It is waitlisted because it is SOLD OUT.  It has a superior itinerary to the standard Miami cruises and was simply very popular.

We are on this cruise also. It is a great itinerary.  We were on the last Splendor cruise. The ship is magnificent. Looking forward to cruising on her again.

2 hours ago, Portolan said:

While de Santos may think that by not allowing businesses to require vaccinations may open up Florida (and how is that going???), it appears at this point to ensure that there will be no cruises departing from Florida since they must meet CDC (and, IMHO, sensible) requirements.

How is tourism going in Florida? Are you kidding? I live in Florida, and there's way more tourists than those of us who live here want. We would like to enjoy our beaches and restaurants, but they're totally packed, and have been for months. We still have plenty of snowbirds from last winter that never went home, and are still trying to decide when to go.

And the CDC has not said that the vaccine will be acceptable for anything, so why do you think it will work for cruises from other cities in the US. Fauci just said that being vaccinated doesn't make it safe for you to eat indoors in a restaurant. Do you think he'll allow you to board a cruise ship if you're vaccinated if you can't safely eat in a restaurant.

Our governor DeSantis, has done a great job for us in Florida; allowing our economy to succeed while keeping those of us who are under 85 alive until the vaccine was available, and giving the vaccine to those of us who under 85 as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, in the near future, we need to travel to PA for a memorial service for a close relative who died of cancer late last year. We couldn't visit her before she died due to PA restrictions, and we still need to endure PA's limit of 16 people per 1000 sq feet to have a memorial service. The restaurant restrictions while we stay in a hotel for several days will limit where we can eat, with takeout to our hotel room our main option. At least the negative covid19 test before flying to PA was lifted early this month. That saved us 400 dollars for our PCR tests before flying, which was required even for those of us who have been vaccinated.

I haven't looked at Virginia's Covid restrictions in any detail, but I know they still have state mask mandates just as PA does. That's why we see so many Virginia plates in Florida.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I do not think Regent will sail with reduced capacity. I think they will wait until AFTER NCL sails and then sail at 100%.

I assume NCL sails in July with 60%, August with 80% and September with 100% - as Per Mr. Del Rio's comments. I also assume Regent will start with 1 ship and add a ship every 4-6 weeks - also as per Mr. Del Rio.

I also take into account the fact that Japan doesn't even want tourists in for the Olympics and I think Regent is re-planning fall cruises to match countries receptive to cruising. 

I DO think Regent will sail this year but I think it will be AFTER NCL runs at 100%. I think Mr. Del Rio has decided on a course of action and has begun moving along this path but it may be some weeks before he releases details. I do NOT expect any NCL owned ship to sail from the USA in the first wave of cruise resumption.

Mostly guesswork and opinion apart from Mr. Del Rio's comments.

Fascinating analysis.  As a hoped-to-be new cruiser to Regent (two cruises cancelled so far), I'm always interested in reading Pcardad's insights based on his experience with many nights booked on Regent.

My concern, however, is in the length of time Regent's leadership is taking in either making or announcing its decisions and changes.  I'm still seeing cruises on its schedule for 2021--Alaska sailings, trips into and out of UK ports--that will not sail due to limitations put in place by national governments.  Why hold those clients in suspense?  Our next booked cruise on Regent--Voyager r/t Athens in mid-September--still shows available in all categories except one.  But there is no onboard enrichment program listed and two shorex still show details "coming soon."  I'm reading the lack of attention to filling these gaps--less than five months before sailing--as an indication this cruise will not sail.  (This also fits with Pcardad's prediction of no Regent sailings prior to an NCL sailing at 100 percent in September.)

As others have stated, this lack of announcement of a way forward for Regent has led us to book alternative cruises on our search for our new "go-to" cruise line.  We've booked on one of Crystal's Bahamas sailings as a back-up to the anticipated cancellation of Voyager.  Still looking forward to our booked segment of Mariner's WC in Jan 2022, but dealing with Regent--in what are admittedly unprecedented times--has left us with mixed feelings toward the line.

8 minutes ago, loriva said:

Fascinating analysis.  As a hoped-to-be new cruiser to Regent (two cruises cancelled so far), I'm always interested in reading Pcardad's insights based on his experience with many nights booked on Regent.

My concern, however, is in the length of time Regent's leadership is taking in either making or announcing its decisions and changes.  I'm still seeing cruises on its schedule for 2021--Alaska sailings, trips into and out of UK ports--that will not sail due to limitations put in place by national governments.  Why hold those clients in suspense?  Our next booked cruise on Regent--Voyager r/t Athens in mid-September--still shows available in all categories except one.  But there is no onboard enrichment program listed and two shorex still show details "coming soon."  I'm reading the lack of attention to filling these gaps--less than five months before sailing--as an indication this cruise will not sail.  (This also fits with Pcardad's prediction of no Regent sailings prior to an NCL sailing at 100 percent in September.)

As others have stated, this lack of announcement of a way forward for Regent has led us to book alternative cruises on our search for our new "go-to" cruise line.  We've booked on one of Crystal's Bahamas sailings as a back-up to the anticipated cancellation of Voyager.  Still looking forward to our booked segment of Mariner's WC in Jan 2022, but dealing with Regent--in what are admittedly unprecedented times--has left us with mixed feelings toward the line.

Mr. Del Rio's interview yesterday indicated there would be news soon....and the worst think you can do in a business like this is over-promise and under-deliver. Regent may not share their plans as soon as we would like...but at least they made good on all their refunds. I am excited to learn what the future holds as we have the time and the credits...we just need a ship!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:03 AM, Pcardad said:

Mr. Del Rio's interview yesterday indicated there would be news soon....and the worst think you can do in a business like this is over-promise and under-deliver. Regent may not share their plans as soon as we would like...but at least they made good on all their refunds. I am excited to learn what the future holds as we have the time and the credits...we just need a ship!

I agree, especially with the "over-promise and under-deliver" part. Anxiously awaiting news.

On a bright note, one category just became available on our December Mariner sailing out of Miami.  Also, I have seen it advertized on a TA's website so I am still hopeful we will sail.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:24 PM, EAGLESLOVER said:

Our February cruise on Splendor has been waitlisted for a while, but there is availability on several January cruises. These are all Miami to Miami.

Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Saw that too on my 17 Feb cruise. I know we're thinking the worst or it could just be sold out. We're probably over analysing this but who can blame us! So frustrating, just waiting to hear the next (hopefully, positive) instalment 🤞🏻

Every Navigator cruise for August and September 2021 is now 100% waitlisted. The schedule has her crossing from Barcelona to New York, then back and forth a few times to Montreal. Will she stay in Europe instead?

Our back to back cruises on Splendor went totally waitlisted shortly after we cancelled and rebooked for 2022. There were plenty of cabins less than Concierge available when we cancelled our Concierge cabin. We took that as a good sign that we made the right decision. Who thought it was a good idea to book in April for a Regent cruise in September, when more cruises were being cancelled every month?