August cruises

Whenever they do what they are going to do, remember what Mr. Del Rio said. They will bring the ships back 1 at a time.....It will probably be 6 months from when the first ship sails to when the last ship is sailing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Whenever they do what they are going to do, remember what Mr. Del Rio said. They will bring the ships back 1 at a time.....It will probably be 6 months from when the first ship sails to when the last ship is sailing.

One a month means the last ship will start FOUR months after the first one (e.g., 1 Aug, 1 Sep, 1 Oct, 1 Nov, and 1 Dec).

33 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

One a month means the last ship will start FOUR months after the first one (e.g., 1 Aug, 1 Sep, 1 Oct, 1 Nov, and 1 Dec).

He has also said every 4 to 6 weeks.....depending on which interview you watch. There is no way this is coming back on line the way anyone expects.

5 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

He has also said every 4 to 6 weeks.....depending on which interview you watch. There is no way this is coming back on line the way anyone expects.

So you're saying that FdR talks out of both sides of his mouth; I rest my case.

• Like 1

But did I say that?

There is news coming that should answer a lot of questions. Lots of whispers in the wind these days. I am just as anxious/excited as you are to find out what the plans are...I get my 2nd shot in a few days and I am ready to go!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

Just out of curiosity I was looking at the Regent web site and saw that all the cruises for August have 

just about all categories available. Anyone thinking what I am thinking?? Maybe another month going to be canceled.

I am going with the opinion that since August cruises have not been "waitlisted" except for Alaska cruises, it looks like ships will begin to sail in August.  I have no inside information, it's just an opinion.  This "waitlisted" thing has gone on for too long IMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

I think a minimum 60 days after NCL.....to get back to 100% and lessor restrictions.

What do you think the chances are for September 11 Splendor London to London??

• Like 2

Just now, crusin7 said:

Yippppeeee! Thank you. 

That's a big IF though....but I have been posting for months that NCL will go first to test the waters and Regent will go when then feel it is safe enough to resume "normal" sailing.

25 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

That's a big IF though....but I have been posting for months that NCL will go first to test the waters and Regent will go when then feel it is safe enough to resume "normal" sailing.

Last week you predicted Splendor will sail from Athens, this week from London; about time for Jason to make an announcement with fact instead of conjecture by us.

But it is so much fun...and we are both so good at it! 😃 

And the last time I looked, it was possible for a ship to sail from Greece one month and the UK another month. 

And to assist you a little in putting words in my mouth....I guessed it was possible for Splendor to be first and to sail from Greece in August. I am also guessing a Splendor sailing, as mentioned above, is possible, even likely........but EVERYTHING rests on NCL sailing first. 

Edited by Pcardad

Pcardad, what do you think the chances are for Voyager to restart with the 10 day Athens to Athens cruise on September 13th? That cruise is shorter than the 15 day Barcelona to Athens cruise before that. The next cruise is September 23rd, 10 days also, Athens to Rome. Seems like good "trail" cruises. 

At some point they have to restart and it would seem best to start with these shorter cruises. Eventually, Regent has to get the Voyager through the Suez Canal to do the rest of their winter schedule, so why not do that with the October 3rd Rome to Abu Dhabi cruise (which we are on)?

Your thoughts please/thank you.

You guys just have too much time on your hands.  NCL again sent a letter to the CDC pushing them to give a response to their request to sail starting July 4th.  Regent will start when it starts but if there is no "waitlisted" notes to August sailings, I venture to guess Regent may get on the high seas by then.

1 hour ago, labonnevie said:

Pcardad, what do you think the chances are for Voyager to restart with the 10 day Athens to Athens cruise on September 13th? That cruise is shorter than the 15 day Barcelona to Athens cruise before that. The next cruise is September 23rd, 10 days also, Athens to Rome. Seems like good "trail" cruises. 

At some point they have to restart and it would seem best to start with these shorter cruises. Eventually, Regent has to get the Voyager through the Suez Canal to do the rest of their winter schedule, so why not do that with the October 3rd Rome to Abu Dhabi cruise (which we are on)?

Your thoughts please/thank you.

Voyager in September doesn't seem likely as FDR has said 1 ship at a time and strongly hinted that Splendor will be first.

39 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

You guys just have too much time on your hands.  NCL again sent a letter to the CDC pushing them to give a response to their request to sail starting July 4th.  Regent will start when it starts but if there is no "waitlisted" notes to August sailings, I venture to guess Regent may get on the high seas by then.

At this point, I think NCL has decided to move ahead without the CDC and without US ports.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Last week you predicted Splendor will sail from Athens, this week from London; about time for Jason to make an announcement with fact instead of conjecture by us.

If Regent were to take Splendor to Greece in August, hopefully they will notify those of us on the current Splendor itineraries in August soon..... Big difference between sailing a Baltic itinerary and a Greek one!

We surrendered this week and booked the Crystal Bahamas cruise at the end of July. T’is a pity. We will fly the one hour flight from Miami, be in a crowded airport, sit like sardines aboard a plane. And fly back one week later. 
I wish the CDC and Dr. Fauci could explain how this is better. And, who are they to say we can’t resume living?  Crystal requires vaccines for passengers and crew. 
Time to be sensible and sail out of the US!

sheila

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We surrendered this week and booked the Crystal Bahamas cruise at the end of July. T’is a pity. We will fly the one hour flight from Miami, be in a crowded airport, sit like sardines aboard a plane. And fly back one week later. 
I wish the CDC and Dr. Fauci could explain how this is better. And, who are they to say we can’t resume living?  Crystal requires vaccines for passengers and crew. 

sheila

We broke down and booked the July 17th cruise out of Nassau.  At the time we didn't know about Silversea sailing out of Athens to Greece and Israel.  It would have been our preference.  But at this late date it is difficult to cancel the Crystal.  Maybe another time.  We just wanted to cruise again.  Now if Regent decides to set sail in August, that may be another story.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 10:28 AM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

sheila

HI, wish you the best.  It really doesn't make any since now--if the airlines fly---we should be able to cruise. Be safe.

• Like 1