When you're on a cruise ship again...

K.T.B.

10 minutes ago, shofer said:

They do order these ships so far in advance.  I don't see myself on any of them.

Yes they do.  I have been on Edge, had a regular S3 balcony and loved it and the entire ship.  I did see a room with infinite veranda and I personally would stay in one with no problem, other than I was spoiled with the retreat. 

58 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Yes they do.  I have been on Edge, had a regular S3 balcony and loved it and the entire ship.  I did see a room with infinite veranda and I personally would stay in one with no problem, other than I was spoiled with the retreat. 

Don't think we'd ever book an infinite balcony, we spend A LOT of time on our balcony.  We've booked the Apex for fall of 2022 but, like you, are in an S2 with regular balcony.  Looking forward to seeing the rest of this class of ship.  I wasn't excited about it when it came out....but now....now I would likely get on a garbage scow to be out on the ocean🤪.....  I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience on the Apex, just hope that by then things will be more normal!!!

• Like 1

I will do all of our normal things:

1. Explore the ship and see all the things. This never gets old even if we've been on the ship before.
2. Get the obligatory lunch.  Got start eating.
3. Get into our room and hope for our suitcases.
4. Muster.
5. Stand on deck and watch the sail away and just marvel at being at sea again.
6. Thank God we survived the pandemic and get to do this again.

• Like 5

Ditto on the tears, probably as soon as we start up the gangway that leads to the ship. My first PP (post pandemic) cruise will be on a new ship and a new line for us, the RC Anthem of the Seas, sailing out of New Jersey in Feb, 2022, so there will be a lot of exploring to do that day. Probably not too much balcony sitting, since it will be cold, I expect. I know that I will never again underestimate the work done by the ship's staff and crew, esp those who keep the ship clean. This time spent away from cruising has only strengthened my desire to travel again, and go to more exotic places. I have friends who say that I must be nuts to get on one of those "floating disease incubators", but they don't get it, and I am not trying to explain it to them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 3:50 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Sea days are perhaps a learned taste.  When we started cruising we avoided them, until one hectic itinerary made us really look forward to some rest at the end of the cruise.  We have a friend who prefers ocean crossings because they are mostly sea days – we haven't gotten that far yet...

I love it when the day after embarkation is a sea day.  Embarkation day is hectic, exciting and therefore a bit tiring (but our first stops are usually to sort out our specialty dining and to get a fresca martini). Nice to have a chill day to explore the ship (even if it is a ship we've been on before), relax and unwind.  In a packed itinerary, we'll often turn some port days into sea days as well - daily excursions can be draining.  For example, when we did western med, we had a long HOT day in Rome, then a trip the next day to Pisa.  The day after, in Genua, we didn't have the energy to get off and explore.  When we did Ireland and Iceland, we used Dublin as an extra sea day after exploring St Peter Port and Cobh.