What Potential COVID-Related Changes Would You Welcome??

MistyRo76

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I always thought the shows/comedies should be broadcast to the cabins and TV's throughout the ship. It would allow many more folks to view them. It would also be cool to have them recorded and on demand ship-tv for 12-24 hours for those that missed it and want to watch at their convenience.   

That's an idea I can sign up for.  I actually thought someone would try filming the shows in the main theater or comedy club with no audience, and either showing it live or looping it on one of the channels.  There doesn't seem to be any need for such drastic action now.

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It would also be cool to have them recorded and on demand ship-tv for 12-24 hours for those that missed it and want to watch at their convenience.   

The TV system in the cabins are not going to be upgraded in order to handle anything on demand.  Sounds nice in theory, but a cruise line that has bled billions has better ways to spend their money on possible upgrades on the ships.

The good:

video muster

electric openers for public doors

served buffets

The RCCL Oasis class has had reserved showtimes.  I hated that.  You had to plan out every night of your trip months in advance.  For example, by the time anyone got on the ship, there was no Cats night time shows available.

I guess any hope I held for Carnival getting self-serve fountain drinks is out the window now. 😟 That is one thing very convenient on RCCL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCBarker said:

The good:

video muster

served buffets

The RCCL Oasis class has had reserved showtimes.  I hated that.  You had to plan out every night of your trip months in advance.  For example, by the time anyone got on the ship, there was no Cats night time shows available.

I guess any hope I held for Carnival getting self-serve fountain drinks is out the window now. 😟 That is one thing very convenient on RCCL.

I feel the same way about reservations.  I hate planning my days so far in advance.  I found it a benefit that with Carnival all I had to do was show up early and get a good seat.  

I also liked the self service drinks on Royal.  That saved a lot of time.  One of the machines was constantly down, but the one mid ship always worked.  That is much better than going to a bar to get some soda.  Plus, the selection of self service beverages was great.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SCBarker said:

The good:

video muster

served buffets

The Oasis ships needed the reservations,  just like the Breakaway and Breakaway Plus Class ships on NCL because of the amount of people on board. 

The Freestyle machines on RCCL are nice, but Carnival now has Pepsi products and I have never seen a Pepsi version of the Coke freestyle machines, but it's possible that it is somewhere in the country. 

Having recently went to Disney world and experiencing some of the covid changes there I took away some good and bad opinions.

Limited capacity was awesome the lines were much at all compared to normal.

Mobile ordering food before pickup (with the exception of the buffets) you order on your carnival app then pickup once it's ready or show up at a restaurant once a sit-down table is ready.

People being spaced out in lines.. 6 feet is excessive but I get annoyed when people are breathing down my neck in line.

Enhanced cleaning and hand sanitizing stations after most doorways.

As far as the bad... Masks are ridiculous to try and wear around in the heat let alone enjoy yourself in. Suck up your pride and take the vaccine so we can throw these face diapers away for good.

12 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

Having recently went to Disney world and experiencing some of the covid changes there I took away some good and bad opinions.

Limited capacity was awesome the lines were much at all compared to normal.

Mobile ordering food before pickup (with the exception of the buffets) you order on your carnival app then pickup once it's ready or show up at a restaurant once a sit-down table is ready.

People being spaced out in lines.. 6 feet is excessive but I get annoyed when people are breathing down my neck in line.

Enhanced cleaning and hand sanitizing stations after most doorways.

As far as the bad... Masks are ridiculous to try and wear around in the heat let alone enjoy yourself in. Suck up your pride and take the vaccine so we can throw these face diapers away for good.

Mobile food ordering would be great! Our local zoo does that as well! You just order on the app and you can sit at a table or walk around near the restaurant until you get a notification that your order is ready. It was so easy! Carnival already has this technology as I understand that you can order pizzas from the app on some ships and even have those delivered to a specific location on the ship. Not sure delivery is needed for all food venues, but i would certainly order on the app and pick it up when ready! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Mobile food ordering would be great! Our local zoo does that as well! You just order on the app and you can sit at a table or walk around near the restaurant until you get a notification that your order is ready. It was so easy! Carnival already has this technology as I understand that you can order pizzas from the app on some ships and even have those delivered to a specific location on the ship. Not sure delivery is needed for all food venues, but i would certainly order on the app and pick it up when ready! 

It would be a money generator since they already charge 5.00 for the pizza delivery and they could possibly expand to include items from say Guy's Burgers or the Seafood Shack.

I think cruising without kids onboard sounds pretty great to me!

I would also like to see more staggered arrivals on embarkation day. Embarkation day is always the craziest with so many people getting on at once. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, natefish95 said:

I would also like to see more staggered arrivals on embarkation day. Embarkation day is always the craziest with so many people getting on at once. 

Staggered arrivals will happen.  There probably will be a half hour window for check in.  

Where did you ever get the idea that kids will not be on board?  If Carnival goes the 95% route, that leaves 5% for kids and if some of the fleet goes the test route,  it would be a normal amount of kids.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, natefish95 said:

You can cruise without kids on Virgin Voyages, the new cruise line from Sir Richard Branson. No one under age 18 allowed.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:01 AM, mar214 said:

The ONLY way I will get back on a cruise is if self serve anything is eliminated, at least for now. YES, I totally hate this idea, but if anyone has seen what I have seen, such as passengers sneezing into their hand and then getting coffee at the self serve area using that sneezed-on hand, or serving themselves from the buffet, eating off their plate while moving along in the line, etc., I think you might agree that germs are passed around way too easily. And as suffering from Noro-virus on a cruise several years ago, despite hand-washing and taking all precautions, no one can ever be too careful. Now with the possible results being worse than stomach upset, cruise lines have no choice but to change the way things used to be. Who wants to go through all the effort to get on a ship, only to have a Covid outbreak result in a canceled cruise on Day 2 because cruisers insisted on serving themselves? If cruising returns, we all must accept what just might be temporary changes. I'm in!!!!!

Would result in less waste of food.

On 5/4/2021 at 7:42 AM, MistyRo76 said:

I'm down for mobile food ordering with a $3 delivery fee of any venue onboard . Make  Guys, Iguanas and other venue  24 hours with Room Service only for Breakfast! 

26 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Would result in less waste of food.

Maybe for most people, but I know when we were on a HAL ship that did this my DW always was given more of each ingredient in her salad than she would have taken if allowed. (Of course she is probably one of the few people who consistently lose weight on a cruise.)

On 4/23/2021 at 10:05 PM, Radiioman46 said:

I haven't read anywhere what the protocol will be for elevators. But to me, this is going to be a real problem if they limit access to the elevators. Meaning, only two ppl can get on an elevator or something along those lines. The elevators can hardly keep up with the demand like it was.  

Montcreif army clinic on fort jackson was like that. 2 people per elevator car unless all related.good thing (active duty) military people have manners and common courtesy so it worked out .i don't see it happening on carival.