Countries not permitted to board

BVILady

Just received another e-mail confirmation. This is the list of passengers from countries not permitted to board:

/CountryAfghanistan Albania Algeria Angola Anguilla Antigua_and_Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba Bosnia_and_Herzegovina Botswana Brazil British_Virgin_Islands Brunei_Darussalam Burkina_Faso Burundi Country Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape_Verde Cases_on_an_international_conveyance_Japan Cayman_Islands Central_African_Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Congo Costa_Rica Cote_dIvoire Cuba Curaçao Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo Djibouti Dominica Dominican_Republic Ecuador Egypt El_Salvador Equatorial_Guinea Eritrea Eswatini Ethiopia Falkland_Islands_ (Malvinas )Fiji French_PolynesiaCountryGabon Gambia  Georgia Ghana Grenada Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea_Bissau Haiti Honduras India Indonesia Iran Iraq Israel Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kosovo Kuwait KyrgyzstanCountry Laos Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Marshall_Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Moldova Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nepal New_Caledonia New_Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria North_Macedonia Northern_Mariana_Islands OmanCountryPakistan Palestine Panama Papua_New_Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Puerto_Rico Qatar Russia Rwanda Saint_Kitts_and_Nevis Saint_Lucia Saint_Vincent_and_the_Grenadines Sao_Tome_and_Principe Saudi_Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra_Leone Singapore Sint_Maarten Solomon_Islands Somalia South_Africa South_Korea South_Sudan Sri_Lanka Sudan Suriname SyriaCountryTaiwan Tajikistan Thailand Timor_Leste Togo Trinidad_and_Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turks_and_Caicos_islands Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United KingdomUnited Kingdom / GibraltarUnited Kingdom / Isle of Man United_Republic_of_Tanzania United_States_of_America United_States_Virgin_Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela Vietnam Wallis_and_Futuna Western_Sahara Yemen  ZambiaZimbabwe

EN: Guests not allowed to embark/perform cruise if, in the last 14 days, have been in or transited through one of the following countries.

The USA, Canada are on that list, so is my country British Virgin Islands and we have performed way better then Italy or any other European Country during this Pandemic. Data is collected by John Hopkins University of Medicine for Carnival. So does Carnival or any other of their companies also exclude these countries from boarding? 

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Onboard what, leaving from where to go where and when?

EN: Guests not allowed to embark/perform cruise if, in the last 14 days, have been in or transited through one of the following countries.

My cruise is only in January 2022 but this had been included in my new confirmation and I just assume and hope that the list will have changed before January 2022. So I just keep on hoping for now but looking at this list that cruise will never happen anyhow.

4 minutes ago, BVILady said:

My cruise is only in January 2022 but this had been included in my new confirmation and I just assume and hope that the list will have changed before January 2022. So I just keep on hoping for now but looking at this list that cruise will never happen anyhow.

What cruise?  Ship, port of departure, general itinerary? Judging by the list of countries, it looks like something MSC would put out for a cruise leaving from an Italian port and cruising mostly around Italy with some calls in Italy.

It is the 2022 World cruise from Venice, Italy. The attachment to my new confirmation reads: Carnival Cruises according to John Hopkins University of Medicine  Guests not allowed to embark/perform cruise if, in the last 14 days, have been in or transited through one of the following countries:

14 minutes ago, BVILady said:

It is the 2022 World cruise from Venice, Italy. The attachment to my new confirmation reads: Carnival Cruises according to John Hopkins University of Medicine  Guests not allowed to embark/perform cruise if, in the last 14 days, have been in or transited through one of the following countries:

Ah.  I’m sure the guidance on who is allowed/not allowed onboard will change substantially by autumn and the situation will become a little clearer.  As long as the cruise line isn’t chasing you for more money, I’d take the attachment as a matter of interest only.

• Like 1

I was sharing it for persons who have bookings for summer to check on the regulations and not pay up and have an unpleasant surprise. I know how often we don't look at the small print, and this attachment is small print, you actually have to download it to be able to read it.

Edited by BVILady
  • Like 1

I received this too for my October cruise on Pacifica ports of call in  Spain France and Italy 

Am hoping it changes 

Currently of you enter Italy from UK then you have to quaretine on arrival for  5 days and have a negative test. That's before even getting on cruise. However assume all thing could/ will change multiple times before then 

However haven't got one for my cruise in September which is Italy and Greece

Edited by latin princess
Additional info
  • Like 1

Hi

This is definitely something I've note and would expect/hope to see changed after 17th May for the UK and for the US if/when a reciprocal deal is done wit the EU.  I noted that Israel is also on the list, so am assuming this is also based on which countries don't allow foreign travel. 

This happened with my end of May MSC cruise - before it was fully cancelled, UK travellers were cancelled due to the UK government guidance on foreign travel.  This was the rationale given to me by MSC.  

I'm keeping a close eye as I have an end of Aug MSC cruise and and end of Oct cruises on both MSC and Costa and will not be willing to pay the final bill unless the UK is off the no cruise list for both companies. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 2:18 PM, BVILady said:

Just received another e-mail confirmation. This is the list of passengers from countries not permitted to board:

/CountryAfghanistan Albania Algeria Angola Anguilla Antigua_and_Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba Bosnia_and_Herzegovina Botswana Brazil British_Virgin_Islands Brunei_Darussalam Burkina_Faso Burundi Country Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape_Verde Cases_on_an_international_conveyance_Japan Cayman_Islands Central_African_Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Congo Costa_Rica Cote_dIvoire Cuba Curaçao Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo Djibouti Dominica Dominican_Republic Ecuador Egypt El_Salvador Equatorial_Guinea Eritrea Eswatini Ethiopia Falkland_Islands_ (Malvinas )Fiji French_PolynesiaCountryGabon Gambia  Georgia Ghana Grenada Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea_Bissau Haiti Honduras India Indonesia Iran Iraq Israel Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kosovo Kuwait KyrgyzstanCountry Laos Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Marshall_Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Moldova Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nepal New_Caledonia New_Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria North_Macedonia Northern_Mariana_Islands OmanCountryPakistan Palestine Panama Papua_New_Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Puerto_Rico Qatar Russia Rwanda Saint_Kitts_and_Nevis Saint_Lucia Saint_Vincent_and_the_Grenadines Sao_Tome_and_Principe Saudi_Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra_Leone Singapore Sint_Maarten Solomon_Islands Somalia South_Africa South_Korea South_Sudan Sri_Lanka Sudan Suriname SyriaCountryTaiwan Tajikistan Thailand Timor_Leste Togo Trinidad_and_Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turks_and_Caicos_islands Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United KingdomUnited Kingdom / GibraltarUnited Kingdom / Isle of Man United_Republic_of_Tanzania United_States_of_America United_States_Virgin_Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela Vietnam Wallis_and_Futuna Western_Sahara Yemen  ZambiaZimbabwe

The USA, Canada are on that list, so is my country British Virgin Islands and we have performed way better then Italy or any other European Country during this Pandemic. Data is collected by John Hopkins University of Medicine for Carnival. So does Carnival or any other of their companies also exclude these countries from boarding? 

Would it not better to exclude them from booking in the first place rather having to go through the song and dance of having to issue refunds?

On 4/28/2021 at 6:23 PM, dritan said:

This is definitely something I've note and would expect/hope to see changed after 17th May for the UK and for the US if/when a reciprocal deal is done wit the EU

Yeah but any deal done between US/EU will not effect us. The travel ban is still in effect. and may be for some time yet. You speak of reciprocal travel but we are still subject to travel ban to the U.S yet we never banned U.S visitors in the same vein so hardly reciprocal is it. Perhaps if we had done a ban on the Americans things on both sides of the Atlantic might be different. And the UK Variant may never have taken hold over there.

But then again we are lucky to be on the visa waiver program. So perhaps we should  not be complaining too much.

Edited by ace2542

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Would it not better to exclude them from booking in the first place rather having to go through the song and dance of having to issue refunds?

I wrote to Costa and asked them whether that might change and whether they would refund my deposit since they actually have cancelled my reservation with that or apply my deposit to my reservation for 2023. I got no real response only my original confirmation stating that there is no refund if I cancel. That e-mail came from a no-reply e-mail account. So just hanging in there for now. The joke is that I have booked on the US-Costa-Website. The US is supposed to open cruising in June again, so this ban must be from Costa, but when you open the attachment it reads Carnival.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:40 PM, BVILady said:

I wrote to Costa and asked them whether that might change and whether they would refund my deposit since they actually have cancelled my reservation with that or apply my deposit to my reservation for 2023. I got no real response only my original confirmation stating that there is no refund if I cancel. That e-mail came from a no-reply e-mail account. So just hanging in there for now. The joke is that I have booked on the US-Costa-Website. The US is supposed to open cruising in June again, so this ban must be from Costa, but when you open the attachment it reads Carnival.

you should pray for a refund. costa is easily the worst cruise line operating in the western world.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just an update from me - I checked the Costa cruise list of countries that couldn't travel and notice that the UK is now off that list - hurray!  I've been checking it each week so this is  very recent update and seems aligned with the announcement last week of the opening up of the EU to UK.

Worth noting that Costa has been quicker with updating this than MSC which still states just schengen countries for Med cruises.

This could be good news then for our American friends as it appears that soon after that assumed EU-US travel deal is sorted, Costa will also speedily update the list for you too.  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

just checked it again, nothing changed yet. Wonder when they will take people fully vaccinated in consideration. As I previously said, the list is so wrong to begin with, the BVI has had little infections and has been very safe but we are on the list of people not allowed to board.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:02 PM, BVILady said:

just checked it again, nothing changed yet. Wonder when they will take people fully vaccinated in consideration. As I previously said, the list is so wrong to begin with, the BVI has had little infections and has been very safe but we are on the list of people not allowed to board.

Don't worry that list is only of academic interest.

They should allow all fully vaccinated passengers with negative PCR test to board, as the active cases come down, maybe October onwards

• Like 1

The EU travel ban is more and more lifted and member states are not forced to be as strict as the EU rules are, Costa as an Italian registered line with Italian flagged ships needs to fulfil Italian law. Important is that this travel ban isn’t mainly based on nationality (EU citizens additional rights might give some extra possibilities), but the place where you stayed is most important. Pandemic issues are not related to passports! Since for example Spain allows already now everybody fully vaccinated to enter it would be enough to stay two weeks in Spain before boarding a Costa ship under Italian law. Italy itself has no rules for vaccinated persons yet, but I expect them to be introduced soon.

For more information see the official EU site https://reopen.europa.eu/en/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stefan_Varong said:

Pandemic issues are not related to passports! Since for example Spain allows already now everybody fully vaccinated to enter it would be enough to stay two weeks in Spain before boarding a Costa ship under Italian law. Italy itself has no rules for vaccinated persons yet, but I expect them to be introduced soon.
For more information see the official EU site https://reopen.europa.eu/en/

Thanks for the great news about Spain.

Enjoy your 122 days Cruise.

I wish I could convince my spouse to come on such a long Cruise.

Even 29 nights was a big problem to convince my spouse, but I managed ultimately.

It was such an amazing price--

only $2258 + €580 service charges for 2 adults in Ocean view for 29 nights, that we had to go

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

AstraZeneca has EMA approval, so it is fine for travelling to Spain and the rest of the EU. Just please note that restictions can be made at any time for travelling from countries where mutations are found that are considered to be dangerous.

1 minute ago, Stefan_Varong said:

AstraZeneca has EMA approval, so it is fine for travelling to Spain and the rest of the EU. Just please note that restictions can be made at any time for travelling from countries where mutations are found that are considered to be dangerous.

But as of now there are no such restrictions  correct?

2 minutes ago, Stefan_Varong said:

According to the site I linked above not. Other EU countries restrict Brazil or India right now.

But USA has got the most active cases,  way above all the other countries.

Still USA was welcomed by EU countries recently