FLL Embassy Suites - Current Condition?

Roz

My sister and I stayed for two nights pre-cruise in late January. We were a bit nervous about the negative reviews. We had a pleasant stay. The front desk staff were courteous and our room was ready when we arrived. The room needs a bit of an update, but we really had no major difficulties. 

Breakfast was great for us, as we are early risers and were usually first in line at 7am. Later, we noticed huge lines! (9am?) They did make made-to-order omlettes! The downside of this is the use of disposable everything! Paper plates and plastic forks are not my thing. The managers reception was crowded and we took our two plastic cups of wine out around the pool. They provided carrots, celery, dip and pita chips.

Also, we needed a Covid test for the cruise and we visited the strip mall right next door to the Embassy Suites, as it was pouring rain. (Instant Medical Care) We had our results in 15 minutes and the cost was $60.

We used Uber to the ship and he arrived 3 minutes after we called. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sun&sea said:

My sister and I stayed for two nights pre-cruise in late January. We were a bit nervous about the negative reviews. We had a pleasant stay. The front desk staff were courteous and our room was ready when we arrived. The room needs a bit of an update, but we really had no major difficulties. 

Breakfast was great for us, as we are early risers and were usually first in line at 7am. Later, we noticed huge lines! (9am?) They did make made-to-order omlettes! The downside of this is the use of disposable everything! Paper plates and plastic forks are not my thing. The managers reception was crowded and we took our two plastic cups of wine out around the pool. They provided carrots, celery, dip and pita chips.

Also, we needed a Covid test for the cruise and we visited the strip mall right next door to the Embassy Suites, as it was pouring rain. (Instant Medical Care) We had our results in 15 minutes and the cost was $60.

We used Uber to the ship and he arrived 3 minutes after we called. 

Thanks for some recent experience...glad it worked out for you.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:43 AM, sandancer said:

Sorry Sun and Sea. Should have asked before. How did you get the results? I am hoping it will be by email so we can just show it at the cruise check in. Thanks again. 

They gave it to us on paper. I then just took a picture of it for a backup. 

Question about the transfers over to the pier...my wife and I will be staying at this hotel the night before our cruise and purchased the hotel room stay along with transfer to the ship from Celebrity Cruise Line...they gave us a coupon for transfer from hotel to the ship...

My question is how does the hotel transfer to the ship work?  Is it done by bus, van, taxi?  We have an assigned check in time at the pier of 11AM and am wondering if the provided transfer is the way to go or if we should just call UBER?

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Question about the transfers over to the pier...my wife and I will be staying at this hotel the night before our cruise and purchased the hotel room stay along with transfer to the ship from Celebrity Cruise Line...they gave us a coupon for transfer from hotel to the ship...

My question is how does the hotel transfer to the ship work?  Is it done by bus, van, taxi?  We have an assigned check in time at the pier of 11AM and am wondering if the provided transfer is the way to go or if we should just call UBER?

Depends on demand, but usually a van. Low demand...might be a taxi.

Are you sure its to be used for hotel transfer? Or is Celebrity going to have a bus stop by?

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Depends on demand, but usually a van. Low demand...might be a taxi.

Are you sure its to be used for hotel transfer? Or is Celebrity going to have a bus stop by?

guess I will have to ask the front desk when checking in

1 hour ago, Mark said:

guess I will have to ask the front desk when checking in

I was reviewing this...to clarify the question...Celebrity is including a transfer in your hotel booking, correct? It could go either way...you have a ticket for the hotel's shuttle, or Celebrity has simply given you a ticket for their (Celebrity's) shuttle. If it is Celebrity's shuttle, it could be a bus, a van, or slight possibility, simply a taxi, if there is only a very few Celebrity pax staying there.