Covid test required before boarding? Where to get this test?

korpo024

On the MSC website it states that you need an antigen test (swab) or PCR test of 48hrs before boarding the ship. This summer we stay five days before the cruise in Acqui Terme (like always in a perfect B&B). Where can we get these tests? MSC gives no information on how to get these tests, only that you have the results with you in threefold! 

I know where to get selftests, I've got plenty myself. As a teacher you get two selftests per week, so I hace plenty. But you need to get a test with a certificate. Those tests costs more and they are not self tests! On the website of MSC it is said that you need a test that is proof for 48hrs! With a certificate in threefold!

So do you need to go to a labaratorium or to a professional testlocation?

In Italy you can buy a selftest or have the test at the pharmacy. You have to give your email address at the pharmacist and the result will arrive by email in 20/30 minutes. You should ask to the b&b owner about Acqui.

Shame you cannot get the vaccine.

My daughter (adult) did not want to get the vaccine. We are going to a resort this summer.

They gave us the same ultimatum. Vaccine or test.

Then they warned...you know... those tests sometimes have a false positive. If so, you cannot come & will lose all your $$$....better to get the vaccine if you can.

So we both did !

5 minutes ago, Shippy said:

My daughter (adult) did not want to get the vaccine. We are going to a resort this summer.

Then they warned...you know... those tests sometimes have a false positive. If so, you cannot come & will lose all your $$$....better to get the vaccine if you can.

So we both did !

You still have to be tested at the port regardless of having the jab, if you test positive your cruise fare will be refunded, the same for those who have not had the jab.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidari said:

You still have to be tested at the port regardless of having the jab, if you test positive your cruise fare will be refunded, the same for those who have not had the jab.

So will the test be done by MSc at the port and, do we not need any test 48 hrs in advance with 3 copies of the certificate

1 hour ago, drsel said:

So will the test be done by MSc at the port and, do we not need any test 48 hrs in advance with 3 copies of the certificate

Everyone gets tested at the port regardless of vaccine or negative test, it's an additional test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Those who have had both jabs do not have to have a test before going to the port, those with Just one jab or no jab have to take a test prior to going to the port. 

• Thanks 1

Everyone had to have a test max 48 h before the cruise and then a second test at the port.

Sidari, at the moment there are no exceptions for fully vaccinated people.

And here in Central Europe, at the moment most of the over 65 people are fully vaccinated, the younger people not really.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:49 AM, portofrome said:

In Italy you can buy a selftest or have the test at the pharmacy. You have to give your email address at the pharmacist and the result will arrive by email in 20/30 minutes. You should ask to the b&b owner about Acqui.

thank you very much for this info

On 5/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, Shippy said:

So we both did !

Here in the Netherlands we are very slow on vaccinating. Maybe I get my first jab in June, but I won't be fully vaccinated by August, and my wife won't get hers until the beginning of July. And our daughter (8 years old) won't be vaccinated at all because the vaccine is still not approved for children in the EU.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 11:12 PM, sidari said:

Those who have had both jabs do not have to have a test before going to the port, those with Just one jab or no jab have to take a test prior to going to the port. 

on our MSC site in the Netherlands there is no mention of not being tested if you have both jabs...

3 hours ago, korpo024 said:

on our MSC site in the Netherlands there is no mention of not being tested if you have both jabs...

Please find out from the MSc call centre if fully vaccinated people need to pay and get a PCR test 48 hours prior to sailing or if the rapid antigen test done by MSc at the port itself will do for fully vaccinated people.

Edited by drsel

This seems to be a changing position. My edocs for a 12 June UK cruise on Virtuosa say fully vaccinated people do NOT need to take a test before arriving at the port, but they will have take a test before being allowed on board. Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated people do need to take a test up to 72 hours ahead of arriving at the port. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, drsel said:

Please find out from the MSc call centre if fully vaccinated people need to pay and get a PCR test 48 hours prior to sailing or if the rapid antigen test done by MSc at the port itself will do for fully vaccinated people.

The only problem with this is, the info you get from call centers can vary depending on who you talk to.

PRE-BOARDING MEASURES AND SCREENING
Pre-boarding health and COVID-19 screenings will be conducted to all
Guests, crew and ship visitors such as temperature check, health
questionnaire, and a COVID-19 swab testing. All unvaccinated or
partially vaccinated guests (i.e did not receive the full set of vaccine
shots) will need to take a lateral flow (antigen) or PCR (molecular)
swab test within 72 hours prior to the ship’s departure. Proof of a
negative test result will be requested at the terminal and we will
accept evidence such as an email, SMS or a printed document. The
test is not required for fully-vaccinated (any proof of vaccination
needed) or under 2 years old guests. Guests over 65 years of age or
with serious health conditions, are advised to consult a doctor or local
health authority for guidance before travelling. Boarding will be
denied depending on screening results and if - during the last 14 days
– ship guests have been in contact with COVID-19 patients or have
symptoms including: cough, fever (exceeding 37.5 °C, 99.5 °F),
shortness of breath, or loss of taste/smell. The MSC COVID-19
Protection Plan is required to cover any Guests with COVID-19-related
cruise expenses.

The above from my booking document. I think this only applies to UK guests on UK cruises.

• Thanks 1