Can you freely get off at ports without Carnival Excursion?

kleibo

3 hours ago, serene56 said:

the protocols are now on carnival web site that we will only be using their excursions 

Not my first choice but if those are the protocols when it comes time to book my excursions for my March 2022 cruise, then that is the direction I will go.

Thanks for sharing.

I am fine with taking Cruise sponsored Shore Excursions if that is what is the protocols at the time of sailing. If I don't like the tours offered I will just stay onboard. Either way I am away from home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, serene56 said:

the protocols are now on carnival web site that we will only be using their excursions 

On 5/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, ontheweb said:

🤦‍♂️😢😒

Keep in mind that anything that is says today could be gone tomorrow, or two months from now when cruising actually resumes.

IMHO, Carnival has posted the worst-case scenario for restrictions while cruising, on the expectation/hope that by the time cruising resumes, some of that will have been lifted.

We won't know until we know...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep, not until the fat lady sings (can I still say that)? !   🙂

Tom

Well the cdc has sung its little head off and says not only cruiseline only excursions but masks too. Yes masks in all the ports, even private islands. I'm going to mahogany bay in sept unless cancelled and to go carnival has to agree or not go. Lol so even swimming? 

Sept is hot and humid but I'll go if vista goes. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 5:34 PM, klfrodo said:

Not my first choice but if those are the protocols when it comes time to book my excursions for my March 2022 cruise, then that is the direction I will go.

Thanks for sharing.

with the amount of money with onboard credit for a lot of cruisers--  this would surely be the way to spend it

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well the cdc has sung its little head off and says not only cruiseline only excursions but masks too. Yes masks in all the ports, even private islands. I'm going to mahogany bay in sept unless cancelled and to go carnival has to agree or not go. Lol so even swimming? 

Carnival will also have to agree with any restrictions ports place on cruisers. "Private islands" are not sovereign nations.

Masks are not required or recommended in the water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigrednole said:

With the CDC's reign on the cruise lines, the only way you are getting off the ship is to board a long over packed train ride somewhere

Beats being Medivaced on a Covid Copter. But your assertion is false.

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If by private islands you mean the Cruise lines Cays, if they are in the Bahamas it may be Bahaman laws that they will follow. And how they will enforce or not enforce anything due to Covid.

2 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

If by private islands you mean the Cruise lines Cays, if they are in the Bahamas it may be Bahaman laws that they will follow. And how they will enforce or not enforce anything due to Covid.

I think they will have to follow the stricter of the two. I believe the ship will have to sign off on that.