PreCruise question

koolmam

Have booked a cruise from Port Carnerval on Jan 1. Will fly into Orlando on Dec 31 around midnight. Any recommendations on motel/hotel. Think we will be able to get a ride share, taxi or shuttle to motel?

Are you talking about an Orlando motel or one at Port Canaveral? They are about an hour apart.  There are probably free shuttles from the airport to Orlando motels, but I doubt any to the port. That late at night it might make sense to stay at a motel near the airport, then Uber (about $60) to the cruise terminal.

7 hours ago, koolmam said:

Have booked a cruise from Port Carnerval on Jan 1. Will fly into Orlando on Dec 31 around midnight. Any recommendations on motel/hotel. Think we will be able to get a ride share, taxi or shuttle to motel?

@koolmam

Howdy! emo22.gif

Welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! emo34.gif I see it has been awhile since you have posted on the boards. 

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum. 👍  It is the forum for general questions regarding cruising.

To help you out I have moved your thread to our Florida Departures forum. This is where members discuss hotel, transportation, dining & embarkation information for Florida. Browse through the thread titles here on this forum and l👀k for titles of interest. You will probably find  your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

I suggest you Follow this thread so you will be notified of new posts. For more info please see How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! See How To: Submit a Member Review.

I hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy trails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• Like 1

There are many hotels near MCO with shuttles.  Big grouping of hotels (including several varieties of both Hilton and Marriott brands), along with several dining options, are located off of North Frontage Road/T G Lee Blvd.  All will offer shuttles.

The next day you can use a shared shuttle, Uber/Lyft or rental car to make your way to PC.

Have a great cruise! 😎

Getting in at midnight would leave me to recommend staying at a hotel near MCO. There are a ton of them within 10 minutes and almost all have free shuttle service. Usually at that time you have to call them to come pick you up, but that is no big deal. I recommend using the bid sites because you can get incredible deals for single night stays. $40-$50 for higher end hotels for single nights. You could even look at staying at the Hyatt MCO. It is right in the airport. That would make for a ton of convenience at that hour. 

We land at 10:15PM and staying at a MCO hotel. I have free points to use and can't see spending $200+ and an extra 45-60 minutes to get to my room. I would rather get as much good sleep as I can. Then take a shuttle, uber, or whatever transportation over to the port. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, scottca075 said:

If I came in at midnight I'd stay at the Hyatt Regency in the terminal.

Great suggestion especially since it will be New Years Eve.