Giovanni's vs Jamie's

16 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

our next cruise is supposed to be on Liberty. If you had to choose between Chops and Giovani's , which would you choose

Chops. You can’t fake steak😉

Edited by orville99

4 hours ago, cublet said:

What has nationality got to do with it? It's just a line on certificate - surely upbringing is the essence. I would say the majority of Indian restaurants here are staffed by Brits - that is their parents had the right to live here and they were born here making them British by nationality but most probably still Indian (Bangladeshi to be pedantic) by upbringing.

As neither my father nor grandfather renounced their Italian citizenship, for 300 Euro and completing the right paperwork I can become Italian - would that make my opinion on Italian restaurants more valid?

Cublet

If your parents and grandparents came from Italy, then you are italian regardless of what it says on your passport, and i would expect that you grew up eating italian dishes, not British assumptions on what makes italian food italian. My mother’s family came from Sicily, and nothing on Jamie’s menu comes close to anything they cooked every week.

22 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

our next cruise is supposed to be on Liberty. If you had to choose between Chops and Giovani's , which would you choose

I’ve found that Giovanni’s filet is every bit as good as Chops but I can get the Gnocchi al Gorgonzola along with my steak at Giovannis. 
I’ve eaten at both on Liberty many times. Both are good and I usually patronize both. But if I had to choose one, I’d pick Giovannis. Each to his own. 

Edited by HicksRA