Vista Video

ORV

5 minutes ago, ORV said:

https://players.brightcove.net/5436121813001/HL379B1oR_default/index.html?videoId=6253680645001

Just got this by email. Some stuff I like, some I'll have to wait and see. I'd like to see the deck plans. 

Thanks  for sharing

I hope the chairs in the Grans hallway  have taller legs  LOL

Looks very similar to the O class ships  layout wise

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks  for sharing

I hope the chairs in the Grans hallway  have taller legs  LOL

Looks very similar to the O class ships  layout wise

At first glance it looks to me like their mindset was "how can we improve the O class ships" rather then a "new concept" in cruising. As Orv says, want to see the deck plans.

• Like 1

Looks quite elegant with a bit of glitz!  I agree with Orv on the wait and see.  Deck plans please.  The ambiance might keep folks from wearing jeans in the Grand dining room🤣

Francie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not that I will be there but I'm wondering about those round couches with the umbrellas right around the pool. First come first served? Upper Suites? Rent like Celebrity and other lines? (least likely IMO). Or will they even make it from mock up to actual ship? 

• Like 3

Make sure to catch the very end and the piece about “ new dining venues” to be announced soon. Our OCA talked about them 2.5 years ago. Be interesting to see how many of those changes come to fruition.

A couple of things, with 1200 guests, I think the deck plans will be pretty similar to the existing O Class ships probably minus inside cabins and maybe a C level stateroom or two if they have to allocate more space for medical services and any potential quarantining. 
I think I read there were a couple more Premium restaurants were being added to the existing; Polo, Jacques, Toscana and Red Ginger. 
It will be exciting to see the next installment of Oceania NEXT because what we have seen so far, it looks spectacular. I think they will be successful in “encouraging “ the blue jeans wearer to eat in another venue and not the GDR. At least I hope so 🤪🤞

As I watched this video, I kept thinking:  this is where Celebrity should have gone.  Think about the progression of design [original versions] from Millennium to Solstice to Vista.  Instead, Celebrity did the Miles Davis left turn* with Edge and lost my business!

* Can't mention the album name because I'm sure the CC filter would kill this post...  But the initials are BB  😉

The deckplans will be great to see once available. Graphic computer designs can be deceiving.

Mauibabes;  I believe new restaurants, with new menus, are replacing some of the existing restaurants, not being added to the list.

From a TA yesterday on another site that cannot be mentioned:

"While we are still months away from her opening of bookings, I invite you to explore Vista’s dramatic and sophisticated Signature Spaces in the video below. I can’t wait to share more news on Vista in the weeks and months ahead, including details of her 2023 inaugural season which will go on sale this September!"

@Pinot

Perhaps you can remember back when O brought out Sirena and combined Polo and Toscana into Tuscan Steak so they could make room for the widely popular Red Ginger. It met with a major rebellion from the past guests community and the roll out to the other R class ships was scrapped. I remember sitting thru a session on board Regatta long ago and listening to the Executive Chef in charge of it detail the plans.  In all honesty I would prefer my Polo and Toscana be left alone and bring on additional Specialty restaurants. We were not impressed with the Tuscan Steak reduced menus. As much as I like Red Ginger, it does not have the same feel and ambiance on Sirena as it does on Marina and Riviera. Bring on New and More fine restaurants JMO.

13 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

@Pinot

Perhaps you can remember back when O brought out Sirena and combined Polo and Toscana into Tuscan Steak so they could make room for the widely popular Red Ginger. It met with a major rebellion from the past guests community and the roll out to the other R class ships was scrapped. I remember sitting thru a session on board Regatta long ago and listening to the Executive Chef in charge of it detail the plans.  In all honesty I would prefer my Polo and Toscana be left alone and bring on additional Specialty restaurants. We were not impressed with the Tuscan Steak reduced menus. As much as I like Red Ginger, it does not have the same feel and ambiance on Sirena as it does on Marina and Riviera. Bring on New and More fine restaurants JMO.

I believe change is already coming with the new “ Next” menus already announced for the existing ships. As I posted before, the OCA on one cruise talked about a newly reimagined steak/chophouse venue to replace Polo Grill; along with a new French Bistro theme restaurant to replace Jacques. 

New dining venues, along with new menus are coming.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I believe change is already coming with the new “ Next” menus already announced for the existing ships. As I posted before, the OCA on one cruise talked about a newly reimagined steak/chophouse venue to replace Polo Grill; along with a new French Bistro theme restaurant to replace Jacques. 

New dining venues, along with new menus are coming.

We like what they have now.  Bring on  a few new one's but leave the proven one's alone. 

• Like 1

New on the website:

"Vista's best-in-class culinary experiences, luxurious signature public spaces, and spacious, residentially inspired suites and staterooms will be revealed starting in May 2021, with her inaugural voyages opening for sale in September 2021."