Southwest Airlines

tip

Does anyone know when Southwest Airlines will be accepting reservations for the remainder of November?  For quite some time now, they are only booking through November 5th.  I tried calling them, but the wait time was estimated to be two hours!😞  I have had better luck speaking with a live human being at the IRS!.  LOL!

3 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 5, 2021. On June 10, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2022. This date is subject to change!

Thank you.  THAT is the answer that I have been trying to get!!!

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I had to look it up also. Set a calendar reminder because we have to book return flights Thanksgiving weekend. I am expecting it to be $200+ one-way

No idea if that's more or less than "usual" since you don't mention a route, but plan in it being more than usual...a lot more. Between people going on vacation like crazy in the second half of 2021 and the people who didn't see their family last year, the demand for Thanksgiving is going to be...insane. Absolutely insane. 

• Like 1

If I may ask another Southwest-related question, as I haven't yet had an answer from them:

We have a future credit which we want to use for our September flights.  Where/how in the booking process do I apply that? I tried using Promotion Code box, it did not work.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

If I may ask another Southwest-related question, as I haven't yet had an answer from them:

We have a future credit which we want to use for our September flights.  Where/how in the booking process do I apply that? I tried using Promotion Code box, it did not work.

After you select the flights and add the same people as the voucher, there is a link/button that asks if you have a flight credit. Click that, add the traveler's name and the code, and the credit is added to the price.

2 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

No idea if that's more or less than "usual" since you don't mention a route, but plan in it being more than usual...a lot more. Between people going on vacation like crazy in the second half of 2021 and the people who didn't see their family last year, the demand for Thanksgiving is going to be...insane. Absolutely insane. 

Yes, they are going to be high. Whatever it is, I have to use my SW credit. I have $600 for 3 people. I only need 1-way flights. I expect them to be ~$200 1-way. Regardless, I need them and they will be purchased.

28 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

After you select the flights and add the same people as the voucher, there is a link/button that asks if you have a flight credit. Click that, add the traveler's name and the code, and the credit is added to the price.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

No you don't.

You have a $200 credit, good for use by three different specific people.  Vastly different situation.

You are correct, I should have been far more precise.

I have $600 in credit for the 3 people in my family of which each one of us is entitled to $200 each on flights that have to be used by 01/19/2022.