Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

9 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

I'm concerned now about how strict they will be to the 72 hours.  Are we all supposed to wait till after 6pm for the test?  I'm booked for 2.20pm and there was a whole list of earlier times available when I booked that with the chosen provider.  Are they going to quibble about a couple of hours when originally they said boarding time? 

Thank heavens for always included drink package, I'm going to need it when I finally get on board!

Like lots of things at this stage of the pandemic, we have limited experience of the testing pre-embarkation issue. For this, I am grateful that we are on the 14th August cruise. Those of you getting on board in early July are the pioneers, or guinea pigs if you like. Celebrity will surely learn what does and doesn’t work from those early departures.

Even after that there is likely to be a step-change after 19th July because of the increased number of travellers on subsequent cruises. So there may be further learning to come.

We will all do the best we can to get on board and travel safely. Let’s hope Celebrity do their best too.

14 hours ago, vino123 said:

Not sure if this attachment works but basically at the end of the info it says if you dont receive the results of your own PCR test in time its up to you to contact the service provider as they cant due to information security.

Makes me nervous about using another provider other than theirs.

celebrity testing letter.pdf 129.89 kB · 35 downloads

Do you think Celebrity would be chasing Eurofins for people’s results if they don’t come through in time? No one seems to be able to get through on the phone to Eurofins and I can’t imagine the wellness check in staff at the port calling and sitting on hold on our behalf.  Also I would think there are data protection issues. 

we have only received one email so cannot both book our tests so looks like we need to contact Celebrity to get the other email. 

27 minutes ago, delondin said:

Do you think Celebrity would be chasing Eurofins for people’s results if they don’t come through in time? No one seems to be able to get through on the phone to Eurofins and I can’t imagine the wellness check in staff at the port calling and sitting on hold on our behalf.  Also I would think there are data protection issues. 

we have only received one email so cannot both book our tests so looks like we need to contact Celebrity to get the other email. 

I would think you are responsible for getting your own results, as you say the staff will be too busy at check in. I hope your missing email does not mean you will have to book two different times, or worse still, with the delay there are very little options left for your booking.

From what I hear, I have very little confidence in the service being offered by Eurofins. 

I am not sure if I can copy from another platform, so I will paraphrase from a post I read on FB (Silhouette group) last week. The poster said that Eurofins are a fully enrolled and endorsed partner for the Royal Caribbean Group. They have been involved in crew testing in Singapore (with Royal), Florida, Athens (for Apex) and also onboard Silhouette. They will be at the port of Southampton on embarkation days. The post also stated there are 61 testing locations currently and this will increase to 200. 

If this is so, it is quite reassuring that they are closely involved in this way and also that there will be someone at the terminal from the company who could possible chase up late results.

But I say again, this is something I gleaned from a poster on FB not from Celebrity or Eurofins. 

According to celebs twitter feed Eurofins have guranteed to Celeb that pax will get the results on time - doesnt say what happens if they dont though so its a bit of an empty statement

They are also saying they will have a definite answer to the boarding/departing 72hr time frame on Monday.

Edited by ighten

19 minutes ago, ighten said:

According to celebs twitter feed Eurofins have guranteed to Celeb that pax will get the results on time - doesnt say what happens if they dont though so its a bit of an empty statement

They are also saying they will have a definite answer to the boarding/departing 72hr time frame on Monday.

With regard to the boarding/sailing 72 hours issue why on earth didn’t they sort this out before sending the emails. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

I would think you are responsible for getting your own results, as you say the staff will be too busy at check in. I hope your missing email does not mean you will have to book two different times, or worse still, with the delay there are very little options left for your booking.

From what I hear, I have very little confidence in the service being offered by Eurofins. 

Every time I get an email from celebrity I get a duplicate - I don’t know why?  So I thought I will check the duplicate for this and it had my husband’s link!  

3 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

I think they’ve stopped doing these - possibly because of the delay to opening up international travel. If you try and book a slot there aren’t any available as far as I can see.

Thats strange - just booked myself in for July 1st at 17:00-18:00???????

6 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

I think they’ve stopped doing these - possibly because of the delay to opening up international travel. If you try and book a slot there aren’t any available as far as I can see.

I got an email from Southampton airport on Friday promoting this. I flew out of there on Wednesday but tbh I didn’t look to see.  KLM resume on 28/6 to Amsterdam from there

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I got an email from Southampton airport on Friday promoting this. I flew out of there on Wednesday but tbh I didn’t look to see.  KLM resume on 28/6 to Amsterdam from there

Apologies, must be my incompetence! I wasn’t able to make a booking when I tried - it seemed to be greyed out.

Edited by Spike11
Improve clarity
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spike11 said:

Apologies then, must be my incompetence!

The testing at Southampton airport seems to up until 4th if July which explains both points.   I have booked at a clinic with their own lab at Southampton Southquays who are offering 24to36 hours results for an RT-PCR £99. (Trustpilot read well)

What a mess!

Edited by jerseylily

20 minutes ago, jerseylily said:

The testing at Southampton airport seems to up until 4th if July which explains both points.   I have booked at a clinic with their own lab at Southampton Southquays who are offering 24to36 hours results for an RT-PCR £99. (Trustpilot read well)

What a mess!

Good to know. Yes it is a mess, hopefully due to be tidied up tomorrow by Celebrity! After the stress of having our cruise accidentally cancelled by Celebrity in May and now this confused testing, I wonder whether Celebrity really want us to cruise with them!

3 hours ago, jerseylily said:

What a mess!

Sorry that should be West Quay !

On 6/19/2021 at 10:31 AM, Nick&Simon said:

Just for clarity, in case anyone is confused, its "All guests must have a passport that is valid for 6 months following the end date of the cruise or a valid UK Driving License".

No help for children as you have said, but the Driving License option may help someone.

I just checked with celebrity and the 6 months does not apply as we will only be in UK waters, 

23 minutes ago, 2cruisetogether said:

I just checked with celebrity and the 6 months does not apply as we will only be in UK waters, 

I do wish they would be consistent. This relates to the 3rd July UK sailing.

5C4C48B0-A1D1-4C75-821E-5FC5990DCA38.png

Edited by Nick&Simon

26 minutes ago, 2cruisetogether said:

What they don’t specify is I presume they mean a photo ID driving licence. I bet they wouldn’t accept my old paper one, although it is still a valid U.K. driving licence 😂

Edited by downsmead
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, downsmead said:

The 17th July sailing has now had Inverness replaced by Liverpool

D799DFB2-A8E7-4F8D-98BD-3B8F0BE74831.jpeg

Thanks for posting. I was expecting this, but slightly disappointed that we didn’t get an extra port like the 3rd July sailing - perhaps they were unable to get a berth.

2 hours ago, 2cruisetogether said:

that is valid for 6 months following the end date of the cruise or a valid UK Driving License".

Well, it’s a good job my passport is up to date as technically my driving licence expired in November 2020, but due to the pandemic, I have 11 months to renew.

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

What they don’t specify is I presume they mean a photo ID driving licence. I bet they wouldn’t accept my old paper one, although it is still a valid U.K. driving licence 😂

I have my original paper one as well, and they do want a photo id

13 minutes ago, downsmead said:

The 17th July sailing has now had Inverness replaced by Liverpool and dates jigged around.

Wonder what will happen to August 6 th sailings. 
There are 3 Scottish ports, but, we will be well past 19th July.🙏